1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pick of the litter

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by xBullSonx, Jul 18, 2016.

?

How will I know which dog os the beat pick out the litter

1. .

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. c_note

c_note CH Dog

If it's a straight Boudreaux dog and it AINT black, somethin might be wrong! I've seen brown and reddish on occasion, but 85-90% are black! Eli left his mark for sure, but so did N! Their blood flows through a LOT of dogs even today. I'm glad both were bred! We bout highjacked the fuck outta this thread tho lol

2. realistic

realistic Pup

I've read a few of your posts here and i did reply to you before and correct you on a few things you said and i have seen others call you out on things you said too.
    But I really feel the need to say something because clearly you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here
    You say the mayfield dogs the later ones were no better than the first and actually like to call it like you see it .. well then if you like to call it how you see it have you ever actually seen a real pure bred mayfield dog ?? I highly doubt it considering there is no more than about 15-20 dogs left in the whole world how can you comment on those animals if you never seen them ? so if you have not seen them what you just said is entirely inaccurate.

It's complete ignorance and you say so to attempt to win points and post counts on a forum i'm not trying to personally attack you here'I'm just saying that i have now seen you post a number of things that anyone who knew ANYTHING at all about that blood would not say at all.My guess is you got most of your info from the internet and 2nd hand information. I'm not saying you said anything bad or good either or trying to defend against anything you said I'm merely stating the facts that you are really talking about something you know nothing about which is i guess why you said some of the things you did about the late rod kershner.
    On to the next thing Yes sunshine was a good producer there are a number of dogs still line bred on him that are strong today.
    Brasken or rock were not the next best thing they might of been more known in public because of peddlers but that does not make them better producers.
    Brasken produced some decent dogs bred tight but some had problems so i would not call him a great producer at all there was much better producing dogs but he played his part and did produce some nice dogs in kershners earlier dogs.But really there was far better dogs than brasken in those lines which is why anyone who knows those dogs is not trying to pull brasken out.

Mau had some great bred dogs too it's a shame they were all lost.

I would like to see where your opinion of these dogs comes from because it certainly does not seem to be backed with experience of such dogs

anyway i await your reply

Saiyagin likes this.
  3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

please share with us what mayfield dogs are around today that you are so protective over???

I have no ties to any blood to be offended by what others believe and base my judgement on many accounts including numbers...

Everybody questions the brasken dog and the Rock dog was the next in the family to pass the baton,,, some may argue that...

If you dont htink breeding is the luck of the draw and have surpassed that statement,,,
    please share the family you have created or helped maintain...

please show a high calibbre mayfield dog of recent times that made names for them selves like the first battery of mayfield dogs,,,
    I will tell you they are far and few...

Just as the man behind them,,, the two made for the best compitition of mayfields earlier years,,,
    most the shows mayfield participated in were classics,,,
    please tell me of a mayfield bred classic in the last twenty years???

I am awaiting your reply...

4. realistic

realistic Pup

Ok I am glad you have finally replied but before we go into your questions
    can you please explain why you have ignored everything I have asked you ? and simply attempted in a rather sly manner to try discredit what i wrote without even answering my questions.
    You merely flipped the switch so to speak an example would be a childish argument in which someone says an insult and the other party replies no you are.That's where we are at really.
    And it's not truth proving or even interesting to me because you are not offering any real knowledge on the subject. I love intelligent discussions with real intellectual views based off experience not childish debates or theory and heresay.

Now I'm not trying to offend you or hurt your feelings I'm simply stating that you are wrong and I am offering my views on the subject which are actually based off real experience.
    Ok so into what you said
    You have no ties with the blood and base your judgement on many accounts including numbers well let me tell you something about numbers the real pure mayfield dogs have never been around in great numbers
    so therefore you can't base anything off a large scale because there simply isnt one.
    Unless you are trying to go by the likes of kershner dogs which in my opinion don't count because 1 the dogs were crosses and 2 the man was a peddler and a liar and 3 they were tainted as in false pedigrees
    now i have conversation with don where even he says he believes they are not right and i can post this if needed.
    Regardless there is good and bad in every line of dogs.

That out of the way there has only been a small amount of them in the grand scheme of things
    Another thing to understand is that most people who have had those dogs that I personally know do not go around shouting off to the world about those dogs so i will not do that either on a public forum.

The dogs I have personally seen from that blood have been high calibre dogs I have seen some shit too but the % of good is high in my opinion.
    Which brings me back to the point i made earlier you can't tell me about those dogs personally because you have zero experience with them so therefore anything you say holds no truth or value in anyway what so ever
    it is merely an ill-informed uneducated opinion.
    It may be based on what others have told you but who is to say someone else like you didn't tell them and someone else told them it gets silly in the end.

Fact is you rarely see somebody geniune who actually had those dogs talk shit about them and that's a fact might see complaints about peddlers but that is to be expected
    the fact is people like kershner harmed the name of the mayfield dogs because he didn't care what he sold you as long as he got paid makes no difference to him in the shortterm
    and rod ripped many people off.

i'm not speaking ill of the dead either i liked rod as a character he was a funny guy but it doesn't change the truth that he did indeed wrong many people
    and that left a bad opinion of those dogs with alot of people because of the actions of people like that which is totally understandable.

Now moving on to your next statement
    I'm not going to post any dogs on a public forum
    and as for being few and far yes you are right there but only partially and the reason that they are few and far is because there is only a handful of those dogs left in the world
    and that is not due to them being poor performers the blood got outcrossed people had them in countries where they were banned whole yards were seized and killed and it had a big impact on that family unfortunately.
    from what i understand there is around 20 left in the hands of a few people there may be more but those are the ones that i personally know of.

Those dogs really are an endangered species. But again that is not because of poor quality.There are other factors such as the dogs are notoriously hard to breed.
    And by hard to breed i'm not exaggerating i am talking of dogs that you can breed and breed and breed and get no pups dogs that reabsorb pups when pregnant dogs that kill pups.

i have known people who had dogs they regarded as ace type dogs from that family that could never get pups out of. people who tried to breed them for years.
    That's why certain peddlers sold crosses because it's not so easy to be a peddler with mayfield dogs not unless they cross and lie about it like rod kershner did.

Rock was a son of brasken both were well known because of peddlers and rock was advertised in mags so to the public he might of been seen as the next thing
    but again that doesn't make it the truth that's a problem with some of the dogs rod had he got his dogs from a proven liar in sofiakis who claimed to own dogs he had never even laid eyes on let alone owned
    and generally dogs being sold will be the ones most known from that era unless you were in the know or knew someone who had the others.
    there was a whole bunch of others who produced well in that time frame who never got credit in public because they were simply not advertised around.

Breeding is not luck the only people who come out with such statements are generally peddlers covering their asses.
    There are many lines of dogs that are very consistent
    breeding only becomes more random when you add more factors ie many many different mixes of bloodlines
    if you have a family of dogs they will tend to be consistent.

For me it's about quality not quantity

all the top rom dogs are terrible % wise and only got there by being bred in massive numbers yet many still rate them as great producers
    it's a game of peddlers and liars.

As always the dogs which are most known in general are the lines with the most numbers your garner eli jeep redboy patrick dogs and so on.
    That does not make them the best dogs it simply makes them known by quantity which of course has no bearing on reality
    just because something is sold in higher numbers doesn't make it superior.
    In all areas of life mass produced things are always of a lesser quality because so many are being produced it's hard to maintain real quality. where as genuine quality will always be produced in much smaller numbers.

Now like i mentioned in another post I'm well aware people have called you out many times in the past for running your mouth when you offered zero experience on said subjects to back them up
    you may appear knowledgeable to beginners but anyone who actually knows a thing or two will see right through what you say.
    this is by no means a personal attack so please don't take offence you have posted some things and have taken the time to contribute to the forum which i do appreciate as without people posting there would be no topics
    i just wanted to reply here to offer my views not get into an online pissing match anyway take care

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Great post, realistic. I like how you handle yourself and come across. Respectful but at the same time making your points clear. Nice job. The dog world needs more people like yourself.

Victor gray likes this.
  6. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I like your post and understanding of what you value...

Sorry ,,, I offended you with my statements...
    Dont allow me to offend you...

As far as the alligator dogs,,, the bulldog barn loves them and seeks the best...
    As far as Mayfield dogs,,, I dont believe there is a gem out there thats going to pass the purity baton with much success...
    Now a breeding with some outcross,,, I wouldnt say that all and know the prepotencey of that old tight family...

I really believe,,, between you and me that they are lacking some colbys dime blood similar to redboy jocko blend
    and I really like the old Stu Fowler crossed...

A man had some nice dogs he bought down from battendorf,,,
    a mayfield carver cross dog named ch black moe dog that lost to gr ch melonhead,,,
    a pure mayfield dog named willy that lost game to gr ch pony boy,,,
    a dog named ch red moe that showed to be dead game and was of aligator and stu fowler lines...

he fell in love with the aligator dogs and went everywhere for them,,,
    he liked the crosses better that the pure ones he found...

if there is some tight pure mayfield gems out there,,,
    there wont be for too long if they dont end up in the right hands
    and at that the next generations can only get so tight with the proper catalyst...

folding other families that have had success such as mau mau and the masons did years ago
    to the rare gem might make for longevity but remember the catalyst was already found in those lines
    and some other mayfield families such as Mr.Hammonds and limeys and have long had the catalyst
    and still get a charge of other bloodlines to the mix...

I dont just feel this way about mayfiedls lines but ALL and told Mr.NORRAD that here about his old line,,,
    not that there isnt that gem but for how many generations will it retain the families traits...

everything that gets bound so tight falls apart eventually...

7. realistic

realistic Pup

Hi I did not get offended by your post one bit because i replied does not mean i am offended i am merely setting the record straight so to speak i i would never get offended by what someone said online
    You say you don't believe there is a gem out there that will pass the baton. This statement is honestly the height of ignorance.
    The fact is you don't believe because You don't know that's all there is to it and that is all that needs to be said there you don't know what you are talking about because you are not familiar with those dogs that's not an insult to you either.
    What i do find silly though is you attempting to talk about them like you do know when it's blatantly obvious you don't possess much knowledge on those dogs.
    The dogs that are left are not lacking anything they don't need other blood at all.Will the crosses work absolutely no question it will produce exceptional dogs but again it goes back to what i said you don't know those dogs to talk about them like that we are talking about a small amount of dogs left in existence they are never going to be spoke about in big detail with the other lines of dogs because there is a handful left all of which i'm pretty sure will never be available to the public. but like i said that does not make them inferior. There is good and bad in all lines/families.

They are already in the right hands some of them anyway but of course that is common sense if there is only so little left they won't last long with idiots there is not really a need to even mention that same goes for any line of dogs in the wrong hands.
    This all goes along with understanding breeding to you they appear as a very inbred family of dogs getting tighter and tighter until there is no quality left and they are all ruined and too inbred i can see this is what you think because you don't understand breeding.

The fact is yes they look tight on paper however there is different sides of the family which have diversity from one another those types when mixed up create dogs full of hybred vigor
    it's not about inbreeding if you only inbreed you would end up with a freak line of dogs.
    Family breeding is not just inbreeding you have to outcross within the family to keep them strong too.

A very basic example of outcrossing within a family would be 2 guys get dogs from 1 breeder they start off with lets say littermates they breed their dogs in a family separate from eachother for a number of years and have their dogs.Well 20 years down the line the back of their pedigrees might look very alike but the dogs will have difference enough that you can breed those 2 together and get the same effect as a total ourtcross but even better because you are not compromising your genepool.
    This is outcrossing within the family.
    Don said himself the best dogs he ever seen came from those types of breedings.

here is a very good example of it
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=9187

ok so as you see on top you have sunshine a very heavy bred tudor dog with his mother being from niger x snip a brother sister breeding and then taken back to the sire to produce him
    now that is the purest of earl tudors breeding.
    Sunshine was then bred to georgia who was also very heavy bred dibo blood from tudor through the tobe rose stuff those were very good well known dogs that produced and played a part in producing numerous good dogs.

just a few dogs off the top of my head down from the tobe rose stuff not thinking too hard here
    but ch peterbilt booger red ch jesse gr ch hank ch jimmy boots ch ranger i'm quite tired atm so i know i'm missing some here but that combination is so highly under rated

That breeding there with georgia is still staying very pure within that line but because they had been kept apart for a while it keeps things fresh this has always been the case in dog breeding.

What i'm saying to you is the desired traits will not be lost with the right breeding.Those dogs still have the same producing power today that they had 30 40 years ago.

Unfortunately a lot of the great options as in other good solid families to cross with have faded out.

There is frozen semen however from a few dogs of that period of the 70s and 80s that are very close to some of the original foundation stock that is always a breeding option that can be used at some point in the future.
    I hope the mayfield dogs do stay going and strong like i said not many left but i believe what is left is enough to keep them going strong.

8. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

what more can I say than I like your dedication,,,
    and finally someone with longer posts than mine...

The Tobe ex Rose breeding and the many forms of it are something I am most fond of for many reasons...

I just had a discussion with the man that had the ch moe dogs from battendorfs stock and mentioned how this blood might compliment
    the aligator blood he is a fancier of...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=4663

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=4664

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=7602

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=28128

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=7605

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=84441
    looks more like a throwback to the thick black aligator/soko blood to me...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=82464

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=36127

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=508017
    I like this family of tobe/rose,,, bolio/tombstone,,, blackshine,,, and a touch of mayfields/aligator/cleo...

9. realistic

realistic Pup

some nice dogs there of course i missed some like fred t but there is loads of others too no doubt tdk had some great foundation stock.
    some of the handsome jr stuff is said to not be bred right fwk's partner stole a whole yard of dogs from keystone basically never gave them back he said they were great dogs first and won with several of them and then when they fell out called them all curs lol but it was around the same time that handsome jr blood went to the us so i would say there is a good chance that is actually a keystone cross which is ironic because he actually owns a dog called keystone lol .fwk is also a proven liar and between the 2 of them all those dogs vanished some went all over europe and there is multiple ch's from those dogs with fake peds.I believe karma will catch up with scumbags like that.

all of that blood is all linked together and all of it is linked heavily to don mayfield

he bred crosses of the tobe rose stuff he bred bolios sire zeke he made tombstone famous and of course niger or blackshine as you call him was his dog
    he handled alligator and was involved in some of those breedings

it's a shame that a lot of the real alligator blood has died out maybe there is some left i don't know about but i don't consider hammonds dogs real alligator dogs.
    Battendorf had some very nice dogs in my opinion.

As you know also tombstone has a false pedigree don maloney even admitted it on recorded audio that he was sired by toot and out of tudor's baby this is why he produced so well
    he broke his word with tudor though by selling pure females so after this tudor cut him off and set up the big match between him and don.

10. treezpitz

Good read. I love history lessons.

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Good read and opinions indeed...

The Black shine I was referring to was Carvers and the son of the eli jr ex sister brendy breeding,,,
    plus the sire of stompanato and rascal whom is linebred in those peds as well as n!##er aka forsythes black shine...

I dont know about finkle winkle and stolen dogs but I do know the junior jr dog sure produced...

If what you say about the junior jr dog is true that they were stolen from keystone
    I would presume they were of mayfields blood making those breedings even more mayfield than shown...

Bonus for the mayfield fans I guess but Rushin Bill and TDK seem to like the junior jr ped just fine so,,,
    for the sake of not changing history,,, lets just act like thats hear say...

I wonder if mayfield liked the tobe ex rose cross as he hated the eli dogs so much???
    or perhaps he understood why tudor had a similar value to the tobe ex rose dogs as he had that old black henry phenotype n!##er...

do you have any peds of the old mayfield dogs crossed withe tobe ex rose family that mayfield put together???

12. realistic

realistic Pup

They were mayfield crosses some with tonka blood some with peterbilt blood regardless they were stolen by underdog and his partner was fwk so it all makes perfect sense this is not even up for debate it happened ive seen fwk try and sell crosses from that blood too.
    So yeah this part is not heresay and they did not have a lot of handsome blood left at that time at all which makes it even more suspicious.
    and then those dogs vanished into thin air so i would say yes there is a very good chance the dogs sent to russian bill were mayfield x tonka blood or mayfield x peterbilt and carver blood.

I don't know how you consider someone lying on pedigrees and stealing dogs a Bonus to the mayfield fans as you call it this is a joke surely?
    That is of no use to anyone what so ever.

Mayfield didn't hate the eli dogs he bred eli himself he just did not like the direction those dogs were going being bred to untrue bred cur dogs.
    It's a fact floyds dogs were quitting left and right before eli he could hardly even win.

It's also a fact he lied on the pedigree of blind billy earl tudor himself said floyd made that pedigree up
    so floyd stole a whole litter of dogs put his own peds on them and then bred them back to his own cur bred dogs and this created a line of a lot of rough curs who quit when things got tough
    don just didn't like the direction they were bred in that's all as they were bred away from quality.

There was quite a few of them on peds online i'm no longer a member though so i can't look but i'm sure you can have a look yourself.

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

thanks for the good chuckle and schooling Treezzzz...

14. treezpitz

What is it you are referring to, Eli?

15. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

just seeing if your sleeping,,, zzz...

treezpitz likes this.
  16. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Elijah is so vain he probably thinks you are talking about him. LMAO

bamaman, ELIAS'PISTOLA and treezpitz like this.
  17. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

As you know also tombstone has a false pedigree don maloney even admitted it on recorded audio that he was sired by toot and out of tudor's baby this is why he produced so well... (a realistic quote)...

in mayfields book he says something completely different about Tombstones linage and i bet you cant share what you are speaking of...

you do handle your self in a better light than most mayfield fanciers but when you live by the gossip its hard to believe whats truth...

Every thread dont need to go to mayfield vs boudreaux pile,,, so add something that hasnt been said,,,
    move on or start a mayfield vs boudreaux thread to make your work feel worth while...

18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I love Don M and what he did for the breed, if your not competing in the fastlane it really doesn't matter how well bred they are .Much , much respect to Don M.
    Bottom line doesn't change , its about winners ! Dogs that can win .

Allah Born likes this.
  19. realistic

realistic Pup

Maloney said on record like i said it's in one of mayfield's audio tapes my friend may have it soon so if i get it i will post it.
    Saying anyone else lives by gossip lol ? Surely even you can see the irony of your statement here when this whole thread has been me basically saying to you that you live by gossip because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You blatantly said that you judge those dogs on what others said and by numbers You have never seen one I mean you probably don't even own a dog. So who are you to say anyone lives by gossip when everything you know is learned by reading books not actual experience.
    You are no more than merely a second rate copy paste author.
    That's the truth and you have to realize how absurd what you just said is I mean you can't actually be serious lol. I just don't know how someone can be so delusional.I mean what you said is just totally absurd it is one of the most preposterous things i have read recently.

I'm sure anyone else reading this can see how much of a hypocrite you truly are.

Just in case anyone missed another classic statement of yours >>
    This right here again shows you have no idea what you are talking about and the very fact in some other post someone mentioned you had some ties to american bullies or something well maybe you should stick to that area or go get some real dogs and come back in 10 years and then maybe we can have a conversation.

I'm not trying to insult you here either it's not an attack i just don't know how one can be so delusional you're either a troll a cop or totally insane.

I don't even really know what else to say to you it's pointless really a waste of my time.
    bye

Saiyagin and treezpitz like this.
  20. realistic

realistic Pup

Elaborate bama what dogs did you mean can't win or was that just a general statement
    thanks