1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pick of the litter

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by xBullSonx, Jul 18, 2016.

?

How will I know which dog os the beat pick out the litter

1. .

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. realistic

realistic Pup

and to the original poster as to what is the best pick of the litter this is an absurd question to which no one here can give you any real logical answer. As they don't know what line what traits you might want to look for. The pick of the litter generally means you get first pick of the litter and you pick what one you want the most. Just pick the one you like the most

2. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Oooohh noooo!! Just treat em like pups, then dogs later. Don't mention "the game" to stranger, us included! Once you learn better, do better! Go to dog shows and make friends. BE CAREFUL!!!!!

reddirt redneck likes this.
  3. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

Umm, ya dont, always let pups be pups, dont ruin one due to your impatience or ego.. Never , ever, discus "the game"unless its poke mom ...

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Amigo TDK also seemed to think enough of the Hank dog to incorporate him into his family of dogs. Figured he was worth mentioning with the others.

5. xBullSonx

xBullSonx Pup

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I got nothing against the hank dogs but I have way more access to Eli and bolio dogs, or both together so it just made sense for me to go that way. Never know what 10 years down the road will bring.

Allah Born and bamaman like this.
  7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I'm not line blind though and would, have and will breed to a good dog regardless of linage. Especially a dog known to produce.

8. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I didnt mention TDK as I was mentioning the man that campaigned hank,,,
    and the three great breeders that understood the Tobe ex Rose families value...

you know when I sought the Hank blood TDK was the first and last to come up and
    about ten years ago we aquired two sisters and later their brother Jimmy B from RDC & TDK down from his old louisainna smith family...
    the La Smith dogs were basically the Tobe ex Rose blood from Little Boots to some Carver dogs
    and we felt it would compliment our blood well as way back its basically the same as the dirty mary eli cross
    and if they leaned towards the Hank or Eli/Carver dogs we would have no complaints...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=201602

The difference in TDKs Hank dogs is they seem truer to the Tobe ex Rose dogs
    as opposed the funny style hank dogs the dirty mary family was known for,,,
    alot of todays dirty mary dogs are mostly culled of these traits
    and are similar in that way to the TDK line of old that really never surfaced...
    Jimmy sister was an exception to the line as she showed all the hank symptoms from running the yard loose for three years to the smarts...

As I mentioned I am blessed to have found a family that hasnt been culled of the bad signs,,,
    and what some might see as bad might have another dynamic most dont care to understand...

I like them for their subtle attitudes and smarts...

A line of Hank dogs I am interested in capturing for a triple hank family breeding,,,
    is crossing the dirty mary and little boots families to old captain america family...

as far as the three siblings and the pick of the litter I took what was gifted to me and what might have been the last pick
    ended up being the one I selected to breed back to our dirty mary dogs...

A gifted bulldog is the best pick and the mere good intentions and reciprocation seem to make for longevity,,,
    even if the dog is not up to standard a relationship is born that might last as long as it takes to create a family of our own...

TDKs second family might have surfaced with the junior jr dog that had alot of bolio blood,,,
    both TDK lines are great alone but the two combined made for something special...

If you look at the TDK family in the two lines of louisanna smith and junior jr. dogs of today,,,
    again its a very similar cross boyles created when crossing dirty mary to the eli carver dogs...

too much or you want more???

Granite Co., treezpitz and niko like this.
  9. niko

niko CH Dog

More more more.....give me more!...:)

10. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

to me what comes down to breeding is more the luck of everything behind the breeding...
    luck of the family manifesting itself,,,
    luck of the right special semen hitting those golden eggs,,,
    luck those are in the first litter as a second might never get a chance,,,
    luck if the breeding nicks with father time and mother nature,,,
    luck of health as you can test for everything,,,
    luck of being in the right hands at the right times etc...

There is no answer but those whom have bred a successful family for sometime seem to understand
    and its nothing you can explain besides luck...

I like Mayfields ideology but feel when ut was done and said the later mayfield dogs
    were no better than the first and actually to call it like i see it,,,
    they were worse...

So for me to value a mans ideology the family would have to as good as the base as in maintenance
    or better than base as their ideology actually worked...

after some luck,,,
    some can call it skill...

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I like your post Realistic and the above post is in response...
    I know mayfield culled very hard and admitted to having a low percentage as he was extremely hard on his dogs,,,
    Mayfield made it cool to have smaller percentages and a bigger culling standard...
    I personally dont think for one minute Mayfield inbred for the sake of the blood but for the individual representing the family...
    others that obtained his blood is another storey...
    The ideology is there which should make for the best family alive but???

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=173093. Not much around Elias , this guy had some in his dogs , as we know he got popped.

reddirt redneck and niko like this.
  13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Miles might have been a pit general calibre mouth and a throwback to that blood,,, smiley/jeep was a great catalyst...
    Mau Mau had some very fine alligator crosses and understood the importance of a good cross,,,
    not only the smiley/jeep blood but also the panama line crossed to the very game LUMBEE LINE (maxamillian cottons bullit cross)as well...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=151320

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=356977

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=185410

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=188192
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=244622
    a good representation of a succesful Mayfield linebreeeding top and bottom...

Mau Mau wasnt the ony one to have luck with the smiley and mayfield cross,,,
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=132
    one of the best breedings ever!!!
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=offspring&dog_id=132
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=71469
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=23198

as far as mayfield blood goes,,, the mau mau and MMM crosses are my favorite along with Jocko...

Mayfields Sunshine was a great producer and a prepotent dog that passed the blood well,,,
    possibly a toss up of brasken and rock were said to be the next best thing...

Mau Mau was not the only one to have luck with the mayfield and panama red cross...
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=493309
    The Duke dog was folded back to the Mau Mau dogs and on many accounts proved worthy...

Great dogs and WCC couldnt say enough about Mau Mau when i had my Deacon fix
    and told me he only had boyles dogs but Mau Mau also had some greats if I was interested...

I chose BB instead with no regrets but in hindsight I wish I would have chose both and tried to cross the two
    to try and replicate or simulate the redboy jocko cross...

I am looking for some masons smiley crosses if anybody has any,,,
    the man that had the bad man dog crossed to his old thibodeaux blood
    had some nice studs I should have bred to and have been jonesing ever since...

Bamaman thanks for the ped fix and reminder of what I was missing,,, lol....

niko and bamaman like this.
  14. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

15. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

16. c_note

c_note CH Dog

My question is this. Was Pit General really THAT good? The only ppl I EVER hear talk about him have, had, or want Mayfield dogs. If between 2-500 ppl saw this awesome animal, why doesn't anybody else talk about him? His story and the comments on him read "offense only" to me. No one mentions how smart or game he was, only that he was wild and could bite hard. He is ONLY mentioned in Mayfield threads.... He won 2 and was stolen, just like Eli. We still have Eli bred dogs, and General, at least his story, was better! Nobody wanted to stud to this hyena-mouth killer?? There are only rumors as to where he went and who he sired. If he was the "killingest" dog Don ever saw, AND double bred off a dog he thought the world of, why didn't he breed him between matches???

Thunder98 likes this.
  17. c_note

c_note CH Dog

On topic. I wonder if either Eli or General were the picks of their litter? Don said General was the cheapest dog he bought from Danny at the time, which leads me to believe he WAS NOT pick of the litter. Speaking of litters, did these dogs have littermates????? Same questions of Honeybunch. They all seemed to have showed up at 14-16 months old for their first roll. No mention of puppyhood or littermate activities.

Thunder98 likes this.
  18. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

World will never know C , after he was stolen that was it.When you got a killer the word travels fast.I believe Earl T said he was a once in a life time dog , not sure it was worded exactly like that.Earl had lots of good dogs so that statement carries a lot of weight with a lot of people.Danny and Don word did also.As many matches as those 3 men were involved in , and as many good dogs as they had its just hard to over look what they said and felt about General.

reddirt redneck likes this.
  19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

General or Eli being picks of the litter ?How many dogs did you see Floyd with that wasn't black after the Eli dog ? So even if he wasn't pick we see how good he was as he represented Floyds family.General well we know they were trying to replicate him also.Who can blame them ?

Thunder98 likes this.
  20. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Between the 3, they produced him too. Earl produced N, Spookie, and Snip. Danny owned all 3. Don owned 2 of the 3. Danny also said the N dog never quit. Randy Fox said he saw N quit with his own eyes in a roll to check another dog. Danny said he used N to check Tiger Dan and didn't remember how long it lasted. Danny said there was 2 other ppl there. Randy says there were 3 there when he saw him. Randy said the roll he saw lasted longer than 6 minutes. The dog changed hands too often to be a good dog IMO. Maloney had him and supposedly brought him back ASAP. I hate all the he said she said but this was waaaaaaaaay before my time! All I have to go on is first and second hand info. I feel like Danny didn't tell the whole truth cause his dog was bred on N. Just like Bullyson "was in shock" and didn't quit. All that said, I got a couple down from Bullyson through Maverick and Six Bits, or Six Quits as they call it around here. I would own dogs from either Bully or N. That's ONLY after knowing how they produced! I don't think too many of us would breed to a known quitter. I'm sure more dogs quit than we will ever know! I just like the back and forth with folks like yourself. No name calling, no actin like children, just exchanging opinions! I appreciate it!

You ever hear of Earl seeing Eli? I wonder what he thought, or would have thought, about Eli?

ELIAS'PISTOLA likes this.