1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

phished on myspace?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marty, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Ok I have been told I have been phished but I can sign in on my old password whats up with that?

I've looked and looked and can't find where to change it :o

Myspace help Please :eek:

2. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

You've got mail ;)

3. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

edit profile, account settings (top right), password tab and voila

4. Suki

Suki Guest

go under settings and password.
    should be able to change it

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Michelle has been Phished too

6. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I just made a myspace account last night, have no clue what in the hell i'm doing. What does phished mean ?

7. Suki

Suki Guest

In computing, phishing is an attempt to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. eBay, PayPal and online banks are common targets. Phishing is typically carried out by email or instant messaging,[1] and often directs users to enter details at a website, although phone contact has also been used.[2] Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to fool users.[3] Attempts to deal with the growing number of reported phishing incidents include legislation, user training, public awareness, and technical measures.

8. Suki

Suki Guest

so, if you get those, "oh my friend has a crush on you" or any other stupid "questionable" message, do NOT open them. effs up your account
    also
    if you're already signed in, and you're, say, wanting to see someone's pics, so you click onto them, but it comes up that you gutta sign in again, DO NOT=that's how people get your password and screw up your account.

9. Marty

Marty Guest

Well I got my password changed so hopefully that will fix mine, if not let me know and I'll just delete it ;)

10. Suki

Suki Guest

yeah, i don't want any "cooties" from yah!!! ;)

:p

11. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

yeah...old man cooties are bad, they get you all infected.

;)

glad you got it fixed.

suki - thanks for the def. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  12. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Thank you so much Suki, I appreciate it.

13. Suki

Suki Guest

n/p you guys :)

hey, so Colbydogs, where are yah on there?
    enclose your link, ok?

14. Michele

Michele Guest

I sure did. I thought Marty had sent me a comment...but didnt...i had to change my password. I also changed my profile, comments and picture so that you need approval. :)

15. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

yeah, i got that message also, so I changed my password as well.

16. I tried that fer a coupla three weeks and jumped over board. That has got to be the nastiest and hatefulest place on the net.

17. Mr.Billfold

Mr.Billfold Big Dog

I got phished also. I cannot blame Myspace for what the people on there do.

it ability to network and so forth is very good. Just avoid the stuff you dont like.

Myspace is like the planet, full of idiots. Don't let them dictate what useful purpose Myspace can have for you, if you desire.