1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

petes parks

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by FelonyForever, Jan 6, 2006.

1. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

pete sparks once went on the johny carson show with a pitbull pup. i thought that was intresting. good positive televised press.

2. C.L.

C.L. Pup

I remember reading an article in an older AGDT mag that said Pete was on of the founders of these "BIG BULLDOGS" we see so comonly these days. It said, "Pete came up with an idea to satisfy newcomers who liked large dogs. In the 50's it was very rare to see a dog that weighed over 60lbs." The article gos on to say that Pete crossed a larger pit with a mastiff, so he came out with a 150lb dog that looks like a giant "PIT". He put "papers" on the pups he gets out of this half-bred dog that are 3/4 pit and 1/4 mastiff. These dogs are the ancestors to those big dogs that are being sold to the public. I found this article in an old AGDT mag from 2001. The author of the article was an "old dogger" by the name of Scotty Nelson.

3. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Scotty Nelson is still around actually, he spends most of his time in the Phillipines and S.E Asia. I've read a bunch of letter by him and not sure if I'd believe everything he says 100%. I've seen a pic of him in a Swaztica T-Shirt next to his Asian wife, which I really don't understand..LOL.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Hmmmm ... I don't know if what you say is true or not, but that might explain the pic I saw of Pete Sparks w/ a Bandogge.

Check out the link if you'd like to see the pic:

http://www.chimerakennels.com/originoftheswinford.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  5. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

That's a pretty interesting pic ABK.

6. C.L.

C.L. Pup

Yeah, thats the same pic thats with the article.

7. Yes, however, the dog in the picture was bred by Swindworth.