1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Peta workers arrested for felony animal abuse

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by TrubsDiary, Jan 21, 2006.

1. TrubsDiary

TrubsDiary Banned

I just found this... thought i would share it:

Two PETA employees arrested in N.C. animal-cruelty case
    AHOSKIE, N.C. — Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals were charged with animal cruelty for allegedly picking up dogs and cats from shelters and dumping their dead bodies in the garbage.

Police said they found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to the activist group, all from shelters in the state's northeastern corner.

Investigators arrested the two workers after staking out a garbage bin where animals had previously been dumped, police said yesterday.

PETA President Ingrid Newkirk said the workers were picking up animals to be brought to PETA headquarters for euthanization. Veterinarians and animal-control officers said the PETA workers had promised to find homes for the animals rather than euthanize them, according to police.

Neither police nor PETA offered any theory on why the animals might have been dumped.

PETA spokeswoman Colleen O'Brien said the organization euthanizes animals by lethal injection, which it considers more humane than gassing animals in groups, as some counties do.

Police charged Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of Virginia Beach, Va., and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of Norfolk, Va., each with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals. They were released on bond.

A message left for Cook at PETA headquarters was not returned. A PETA spokesman said he did not know how to reach Hinkle.

2. these are the same ass holes who torture pitbulls, and dump them, then take pictures and sensationalize the shit through the media...if i EVER come across one of them, i'll probably go to jail myself!

3. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

instead of pressing charges on those fools they should put them one by one in the ring with us.aint nothin the law can do to teach them anything!

4. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

It made me very hypertensive to hear that information being publicized,and I'm hoping the same information is being broadcatsed to society. To those of BSL and all the SPCA's that don't give "pits"(or any relative dog for that matter)a chance need to see that the true crime and law breaking is going on right in their face,and what will the punishment be for those who participated in this low act of hatred, We are the supporters of a animal companion and I will always stand up for the APBT and it's relatives.

5. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

That's weird, doesn't PETA know what people who work for them do?

6. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog