1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pet food poison may have been intentional

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by ChiaPit, Apr 20, 2007.

1. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Pet food poison may have been intentional

<!--Start Left column--->[​IMG]

(4/19/07) - For the first time, investigators are saying the chemical that has sickened and killed pets in the United States may have been intentionally added to pet food ingredients by Chinese producers.

<HR>Also on ABC13.com:
    <CENTER>Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com</CENTER><HR>Food and Drug Administration investigators say the Chinese companies may have spiked products with the chemical melamine so that they would appear, in tests, to have more value as protein products.

Officials now suspect this possibility because a second ingredient from China, rice protein concentrate, has tested positive for melamine. So has corn gluten shipped to South Africa. That means there is a possibility for another round of recalls.

The FDA's top veterinarian, Stephen Sundlof, says finding melamine in so many products "would certainly lend credibility to the theory that it was maybe intentional."

Melamine, which is used to make plastics in the United States and as a fertilizer in Asia, contains nitrogen. Nitrogen can appear to boost the level of protein in products.

The revelations have led the FDA to expand the number of products it is testing as they enter the United States. So far, those inspections at the border have not turned up any melamine in wheat gluten. Tainted wheat gluten used by Menu Foods is suspected in sickening hundreds, if not thousands of pets.

Some of the tainted pet food has apparently made it into feed for hogs. Federal agencies are trying to determine if it was actually fed to animals and whether it may have reached the human food supply.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

1 person likes this.
  2. atilla's been saying it was on purpose all along! sometimes the conspiracy theory isn't just a theory huh! :mad:

1 person likes this.
  3. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

This is the worst part....

Some of the tainted pet food has apparently made it into feed for hogs. Federal agencies are trying to determine if it was actually fed to animals and whether it may have reached the human food supply.

I think there are alot more problems to come...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  4. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

so they were trying to hustle us on products... or were they trying to take us out on the sneak?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  5. Attila

Attila Guest

what have I been telling you folks? No kidding it is an act of terrorism!

6. Attila

Attila Guest

I have been. yes I have. Some think I am crazy but fail to friggen understand just exactly what the hell I retired from. I am not paranoid, I know!

7. you know I have to agree weith atilla I still think it is PETA

8. Attila

Attila Guest

They have the power and the money to do this evil and much more. I firmly believe they have a hand in it. They are one of the worst terrorest organizations I have ever seen. Hand in hand with Jihad in ranks of evil. trade infedels for pet owners the rest of the theory is the same.

9. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Holy shit. I have had my suspicions that it was done on purpose. I am afraid to even feed my dogs anymore.............

10. Suki

Suki Guest

no kiddin, huh?!!!!!:mad:
    kinda like waiting for the next wave to hit!
    disturbing!!!!!

11. i think we need to stick a foot out and trip them the next time.

12. game_test

game_test Top Dog

this is what happens when you give your country away to another for profit.

13. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm with Attila........it's PETA

14. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

simple resolve fu## the china imports and we start making our own sh##.

15. Attila

Attila Guest

PETA JIHAD flip that coin heads or tails it still is the terrorest coin.

16. I don't think it was terrorism...I think it was GREED.
    Melamine makes whatever it is in look more protein-rich, because it has a lot of nitrogen. The machines that analyze pet food for the info in the "Guaranteed Analysis" (look on the back of your dogs' food bag if you don't know what I mean) are measuring nitrogen content to tell them about the protein amount in the food. soooo...the Chinese companies supplying the tainted ingredients *could be* adding melamine in an attempt to charge more money (for more protein-dense product).