1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Performance vs. Bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Gangsta, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

OO OOOO CAR RIDE, I WANNA GO! LOL

2. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

This has never been about blues and I'm not irritated but you must be trying to make me fell that way if you suggest it. Anyway, I'm just trying to get my point across that the dogs I prefer are going to continue to be around like many other breeds. No need to bash other dogs cause that just adds to the immature reputation of the ones trying to make the breed better as a whole

3. runt

runt Big Dog

I'm not bashing you man,all I'm saying is bloodlines, size, color have nothing to do with a good dog,its in the dog thats it plain and simple,I just perfer not to own blues,but I love true to form ofrn and they get talked about here to,so you just have to learn to say or ask what you want and let the rest roll off your shoulders.:cool:

4. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

THATS A STATEMENT THAT YOU CANT LIVE UP TO.

AS YOU SAID-
    "I HAVE NEVER CALLED MY DOGS APBTs'. IF ANYTHING I HAVE SAID THEY ARE RELATED."

HOW CAN YOU BE MAKING OUR BREED BETTER AS A WHOLE WHEN YOU HAVE MIXED MUTTS, AND ARE EVEN TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE ONLY "RELATED".... MAKES NO SENSE TO ME...

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

[​IMG]

My pit bull can beat up your pit bull.

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

yeah but hes half Gnome...thats unfare...

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

You are KILLING ME!!!!BAWAHHHHHH

I'd like to see this "pedigree" of some of these dogs this guy has. The more I read, the more I believe they are made up. Seems to be scared to say where he's from, wont show a pedigree, no picture,... Hey, have we all just stepped into the twilight zone? NA NE NA NU NA NE NA NU, Wake up Gangsta, show me the money!!!
    J

david63 likes this.
  8. CRG

CRG Top Dog

then go to mutt.com

9. asaj

asaj Big Dog

Sorry for posting out off the topic. Im here to learn about Pit bulls, if I would like to learn about Am. bulldogs, I would go to a forum that talkes about that!
    If I would like to learn about Spain, you dont see me traveling to Germany!

10. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Exactly and if you want to breed performing game dogs you dont start with mutts...you go to the source...Thats like trying to mix the right African American genetics to get a White baby because your convinced it can be done...well maybe so....but you dont see anyone doing it..lmao. I really think there should be a ban on people who breed these mutts calling them APBT....I am ashamed to talk to someone and hear them say I love Blue Pitbulls...I usually say there is no such thing...but I am usually to disgusted to explain further...... but it sure is a dead give away how diluted peoples view of the APBT has become....it is all about the money and the name...like buying 100 dollar Jeans for a tag when a used pair of 5$ Thrift store levis will out last them 10 fold..and be more comfy...lmao...

david63 likes this.
  11. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Sadly to say, a lot of californians think my blue mutt is a real apbt.. look how its changing the image. I went to Venice Beach and saw many blue mutts like mine.. When I asked them what breed it was (just testing them) they said it was "purple ribbon ukc registered blue american pit bull terrier" Come on now.. The mass amount of BYBs breeding these giant mutts are ruining the real APBT. My blue mutt is a great dog, but no way in hell am I telling anyone he is a real apbt. Thanks Game Dog for all I have learned.. For reals.

12. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I dog must be tested to be sure it is true GAME. If u want a dog that can work, get an American Pit bull terriers. Want a dog for looks, get an American Staffordshire Terrier.

13. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Gangsta- ur dog isnt a performer, it ISNT pure bred, it isnt a working dog, it isnt athletic. Get it straight.

14. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

I don't know why I bother, but here goes:

"Mouth" and "muscle tone" have nothing to do with why a lo-rider dog like yours will never be a performer. Accept it and love your dog for what it is. The reason you never see (or saw) matches between Gottiline dogs and real APBTs is simple - the lo-riders would get killed.

We see professional wrestlers or bodybuilders with incredibly muscular physiques, but you don't see them fight heavyweight boxers. The wrestler is bigger and looks all bad; the "boxers" you see in boxing movies are huge, typically bodybuilders, that's what the public imagines a boxer to look like.

But if a bodybuilder or WWF wrestler were to get in the ring with a semi-competent heavyweight fighter, the pseudo-athlete would get his ass summarily kicked. Yup, and that is even though the wrestler is probably taller and can bench more than any boxer. First round knockout.

15. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Im laughing in my head thinking about Goldberg getting smacked around the ring by Sugar Ray Leonard or something....but your totally right... your putting a "Male Soap Opera" star up against the real deal.....and I think the boxer would win everytime....Jab,jab, right hook, Jab, Uppercut...its over......

16. my dog will make it to the food bowl first
    [​IMG]

17. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

okay now i've had it,,, i'm breaking out my killer snapper,,,, he whipps his spiked collar around and takes out the opposition,,,,but he only has one nut ,,,the last one he lost in his last battle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lmao,,lmao,,,lmao,,,(my turtle)

i know i ain't right,,,,

18. gator

gator Big Dog

All a person can do is breed the best to the best and hope for the best to be produced which is not a guarentee. All we can do is make the proper breedings and do our part in the culling,raising and schooling process.If you are doing these things eventually you will get what you are breeding for but if you skip any of those things you are wasting your time...

19. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Gator has it right! These dogs are performance animals based on performers! Culling hard is very important when breeding, and "Best to Best breedings" are how the APBT became what it is!

YIS

20. Road Dog

Road Dog Pup

Folks that are just wanting a large flashy dog to walk around with should buy a 180 lb rottweiler. Most game dog fanciers are looking for something a little deeper. Comparing the two types is like comparing a flashy street car to a full blown race car. One is loud and the other is fast.