1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Performance vs. Bloodlines

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Gangsta, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

Do u choose the dogs u like based on bloodlines or performance of the sire and dam?
    So your dog is 100% APBT. Do you really think that makes a difference in performance?

Athleticism and Game requires hard work. Can u really get a dog, never work it and still expect it to fully perform?

I choose my dogs based on the performance of the sire and dam, the direct sources.

I know what my dogs are capable of and others know the same of their dogs(or should), but do you really know what my dogs are capable of or do u just wanna state your opinion?

2. cheese

cheese Top Dog

You dont know what your dog is capable of until you see it go. You cant say off what you think or how the dam and sire acted. Do you own blue dogs?

3. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I choose from both, First i look inside my bloodline of choice. Then i choose from parents that posess the qualities i'm looking for ( Gameness,Wind,Ability,Mouth ext.).

david63 likes this.
  4. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

I can already see that u are one who is quick to make assumptions. Trust me, when I say I know what my dogs that I own and co-own can do. DO I OWN BLUE DOGS?:rolleyes: I got one and he's very up to par. Let me guess u think blue dogs are worthless? Poor child with a narrow mind needs guidance and to be shown the ropes. That's my prayer for u kid.

5. Attila

Attila Guest

What are we performing at? Pull, conformation, agility, obediance or what? I go for all I reckon. If you dogs are not 100% APBT then what are they? and why? I am not sure why you would mix breeds. But I will listen to your angle and try to understand. Actually I like conformation, breeding, and performance potential but if it doesn't fit the bill it is culled. This seems like a loaded question so I am interested to hear what you'er getting at with it.

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I am pretty sure those kind of dogs are made from mutts...yea I googled it and it says they are 93.5700% Mutt. Gameness is the only proper way to choose a game bred dog for performance. If you want other traits choose another breed or adopt... dont change whats already the main goal and trait of a breed. Thats like breeding Poodles to be game...its all backwards. Go for a breed bred for size and looks and whatever dont tweak a breed and call it something new or unique and claim its wonderful abilities preceed its ancestors...and standards...WHAT standards... when there is no such thing for a mutt...standards and abilities are all relative based on genetics ...especially when you compare it to what you have....a game bred dog is hands down more athletic and smarter and pound for pound stronger than any cross or mutt like that...100% out classes them on all levels....GUARANTEED. 100s of years of line breeding and crossing preceed as proof. The few generation of mutt mixing those dogs you like have representing them offer no leg to stand on...those statements kinda just flop around claiming goals from the real APBT as their own with no proof. No putting up or shuting up.

7. CB

CB CH Dog

Cant get no better of a post then that.

8. SApits

SApits Pup

I second that

9. Attila

Attila Guest

I will crack another cold one and hit the shine again. Ah ya I will toast to that. lol

10. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

Many here always talk about how an APBT will outshine any other bulldog. In your world maybe it's all possible, but in mine things change drastically as did those small bred APBTs' you still love so much. Just like the sayin that was once used as figurative speech. "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but it's the size of the fight in the dog". Weight along with stamina can be deadly. As far as cross-breeding with mastiffs and American Bulldogs. Call it a designer mutt if you want, but they make for damn good bulldogs. Every dog I ever owned was labeled a bulldog by myself. I don't like to classify my dogs as APBTs' although I do say they are related. The only traits I like from the APBT is the undying will to never back down(which not all have) and the structure. Dogs are culled regularly around here. The only difference between us is that you're trying to save and better your breed and I'm only trying to better mine. They've already populated just about everywhere, if not everywhere.

11. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

ya'll going to keep on and i'm going to get my secret weapon out and show ya'll the true gamebred

(my gamebred snapper) turtle

12. CB

CB CH Dog

How are you trying to better your breed??? By making them bigger and lower to the ground. I have never heard or seen a blue 85 plus pound dog in the pit before 1976 ive never seen pics of those kinda dogs around so how can they perform. The only thing that your dogs can beat our dogs at is a eating contest and thats about it. If you culled your fat mutts like the people in the game do then you would probably have 1 good fat blue out of 1000. Man thats alot of culling but i know you dont cull like that im sure if you DO cull then you do it to a small size pup or not the right color or some kinda bullshit.

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Your blind...there is millions more gamebred dogs than blues...always will be...soon youll see its all a fad...and when they come out with like 1000s of books dedicated to just blues and their wonderful qualities I will eat my words...your comparing your mutt to the breed it has to give thanks to for its own creation... and you have the stupidity to say we are saving ours but yours is already saved...what gives you that notion...go to Denver and see if your dog is safe...its a pitbull there too Einstein... and thats where you all screwed up...if youd have been honest and called it something else you would be in another class by now..and possibly safe... but swinging from the balls of the real APBT guarantees the demise of your garbage first...because as you brag about them being everywhere that just makes them the first to go...letting us time to disappear in the country where these dogs belong...because having a APBT is not about proliferating them everywhere....That is not where they belong or what they are used for. And since we aint all hanging out in the streets and public with our big dogs and bragging about popularity in the cities or whatever we are the safer and wiser...go ahead let JQ public think a pitbull is 85lbs of fat and blue and 40 inches at the shoulder...you can have the image and name...you deserve it oh messiah of the bluemutts...then we will be left alone with our real bulldogs out of societies eyes....and be watching your dogs try to be preserved and saved...talk about loyalty...Fanciers have loyalty ....Profiteers only promise it...peddlers pretend to have it...but only we know what it is...the love for the true breed...which is a game bred species of dog that deserves to maintain that quality without people like you destroying it...it is already rare enough to have a true specimen without people like you tainting it...I swear this phenomenon is like a virus...

14. Attila

Attila Guest

Not the secret weapon! Hey you feel like riding to Texas with me and comming back Sunday? I am leaving right after i get feed for the dogs and chickens. Maybe the sheep I will have to check. any way back to your regular station. lol

15. Gangsta

Gangsta Pup

It shows how narrow minded many of you are. Blues are not the only big bullies and when u post something be realistic. You and both know that we will never know who's dog will outperform who's. Shit-talking is useless cause it can go in one ear and out the other. Talk factual. BE REALISTIC. You haven't been to my city and I haven't been to yours but the baddest dogs over here are around 75+lbs and have left many challengers in the dust so to speak. Now I know to you that doesn't mean much cause like I said we haven't met and probably won't meet, but the disrepsect is what I expected from a group with many narrow mineded people. 1976? This is 2006 fool!

16. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i just got way to much going on right now,,,, but maybe one these days,,,,trying to get that damn concrete or site ready for it,,,, putting up a 30+50 and laying 2 separate slabs tying in the foundation on the two,,,, making it easyier to work and slick off(paddle down) gotta get this crap finished asap or i would,,,,,, u know how it is rome wasn't built in a day,,,, mine was,,,,lol i'll show ya a pick of my project,,,,it'll be in this post in a second

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2006
  17. Attila

Attila Guest

Didn't really start seeing them my self till later. It was some time in the late 80's that I ever saw one and wondered what it was. And now. I am still wondering what it is. did they add neo or what? I never studied them as there isn't anything much to study on. There are crosses in there but the papers are hung so you don't have the ability to trace the history very well.

18. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Are the baddest dogs around there 75lbs plus and blue...I almost regret the answer...where do you live??? I bet its easy pickings out there boy...man I been looking for a lick like this around here for a while....lmao....lol....hahahaha....quit your gonna make me earl....my cheeks hurt from laughing...ok im better...wait no im not
    lmaoLMAOLMAO...

19. Attila

Attila Guest

Is that the one you said got hit? Looks good if it is. It is cool figured I would ask going to get in on some of that hog action down yonder thought you might want a break from the slabs for a few days. Go talk dog and have fun chasing something and killing it.

20. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Ill go if you want to pass thru Iowa first...i got gas money...you got room for a 90lber purple nose brendle breed croc mouth cross I just created...its a good performer