1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Body?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BlueCrush, Dec 21, 2004.

1. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

I seen some very nice game dogs on here. Most of which are slim and lean like this bitch

[​IMG]

Is that a prefect body weight? Just some questions from you know who lol

2. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

I would have ,just a few more pounds on her.JMHO

3. crossfire

crossfire Big Dog

From the looks of the pic she looks close to show weight. i try to keep my dogs trim and in the winter i will add lil weight to them. The ideal body weight is all an opinion and realy just depends on what you will be using your dog for on how trim/fit they need to be.

Attached Files:

4. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

it depends on what you're doing , but she is at a good weight from the look of the pic. would look even better if she had a little bit of muscle on her

5. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

True......

6. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

What would a good weight pull APBT range/build be? Bigger = better or leaner?

7. crossfire

crossfire Big Dog

well that goes to what you prefer. since it is by weight classes you want to come in as light/strong as you can. you dont want them coming in like you would for a conformation show in my opinion but not just come in hog fat either.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2004
  8. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

I seen some lean looking pullers out there before, also big thick ones to. I guess it depends on what you like. Me I like a good fit lean looking dog. Pure power you know? Like Chinaman.....man he had the perfect body to me.(not in a weird way) But hey thats just me, depends on what YOU like and want

9. princess_koka

princess_koka Big Dog

I think that dog needs to eat. I really don't like skinny pits. I like the ones with a little fat on them but not too much.

10. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

Well thats you, not to get smart in anyway. I also like thick ones too but I'm just hooked on lean ones like in the pic above.

By the way, do you have pitbull?

11. SFK

SFK Top Dog

IMO that dog looks like it's been "starved down" I don't mean that it's malnurished, you can't see the hip bones pokin' out or the vertebrae. However, you don't see the muscle definition like you would in a conditioned animal. There are a lot of people who think you can make them look good without putting in the work to get them in shape by just feeding them a lot less. & I know that in a show most judges can easily tell the difference.

12. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

I’m going to have to agree with SFK. The dog has no muscle tone or definition, dull lack luster coat, and has what appears to be her hipbone protruding (never supposed too). She is a nice looking bitch. Add some weight to her and let her gain her muscle mass back, and then draw her down correctly. She’ll look a 100% better then.

13. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

I have a bitch that I havnt been working due to snow. I feed her extra, but she dosnt put on weight... Ive wormed her... up to date on shot.. all that... very energetic dog... works herself on the chain... but her hip bones can be seen a little... is this just due to muscle loss?? why wont she get chubby for me?

14. Vador

Vador Big Dog

Good point Tex. And just like any athlete you can tell those who have put time into they're bodies and made an effort to condition themselves for stamina without the extra weight.

15. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Are you just adding more food to a single feeding? If so split your feedings into morning & evening. I've always had better luck with them like this. Because they use more of the nutrients in the food. It also cuts down on how much you have to clean up. Also if weather's a problem get yourself a cheap elec. tredmill and work her on it slowly.

16. mutt

mutt Pup

most dogs when there a certain age stay slim and goofy lookin until they get a certain age then they fill out...but dog u need to feed her purina one or sumthin..

17. Roland64

Roland64 Pup

She doesn't look good to me. She reminds me of a skinny guy I knew that never worked out. From all outward appearances he just looked small but when he had his shirt off he looked like garbage w/ no muscle tone or definition. A well conditioned dog should look like a lean boxer (pugilist not the dog), who can be just as light or lighter as that bitch in the pic but w/ definition and lean mass. She needs to put on some muscle definition. I don't think she is a result of being in keep. JMO though I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2004
  18. Marty

Marty Guest

I just noticed this, but look at the muscle structure of the hind legs of this dog

http://www.game-dog.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=68&c=34&cutoffdate=all

I think this is what they are talking about ;)

This is a good example of defined muscle mass V

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2004
  19. princess_koka

princess_koka Big Dog

Yes I have 4 and they are all healthy and NOT starved

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  20. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

I'm going to have to say she has a nice structure but is a little thin with no muscle definition. She almost looks a little dehydrated as well but it could be the picture. Like others have said build her weight up a bit then more exercise to get the muscle tone. Good luck!