1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pedigrees

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by R-M-C, Jun 17, 2012.

1. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Moderator

That was a very good post JT. Thanks.

2. bulldogkennel

bulldogkennel Banned

very nice post my friend

3. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Yes good post jt,

When I first found this site I was very nieve regarding SBTs, I thought all sbts were game but after alot of reading and listening to people in the know I have come to realise this is not true. People who own show sbts like myself should accept that they are nothing more than show dogs, the problem is the general public still think they are just as dangerous as the apbt so there is a lot of negative attitudes towards them.
    Thanks to jt and others for educating me, I look forward to learning a lot more.

4. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

All dogs are dangerous , it dont matter if a Pitbull or Stafford or a Chowor a labrador bites you or savages you , it hurts just the same . I was never a fan of dogs being shown lied down with kids or a gamedog sat with a baby , thats the Stratton logic of thinking and is wrong . Ive owned dogs for working ALL my life and had a few that were hot around people , howevor i never let people around them and certainly never bred from them to sell to the public , and when they showed aggression to me then i culled them regardless of how wellbred they were . All the sporting breeds be they Bull breeds or hunting are bred from generations of dogs bred to fight or killl or hunt and one has to remember that when you let old Spike or Judy play with your children , how anyone could allow ANY dog of any breed to be alone with a child is beyond my comprhension , over the years weve all seen the tradgedys that can occur with dogs of ALL breeds , tradgedies that should never happen . Its the same with those who let dogs lick there hands and faces , whats all that about ? If you take any dog on the park it will sniff every post and turd it comes across , lick every spot were another dogs pissed , and sniff every dogs arse it meets , thats how dogs communicate through scenting and marking , watch and youll see im right , then remember that the next time you let your BEST friend lick your face

5. R-M-C

R-M-C Pup

Some great experience posts on here, you can see it shine through. That last post JT is so very true, humanizing dogs is my pet hate. A dog is a dog is a dog and should be treated as so. Provide a warm draft free bed and the best food you can afford and he wont do you wrong. As soon as he does then he has over stepped the mark and should not be around you and your family again.

6. Gregp

Gregp Big Dog

On the Rock,s and JT Good Post,s

7. sega

sega Big Dog

i agree with jt on almost every subject other then a dog licking yr hands, ive had dogs lickin me with there ass tounges for years n im alright

8. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Hey Sega a dog licks its genetalia or asshole in order to clean it , they also sniff were other dogs urinate and defecate as a way of sensing or scent marking , this is how most canine diseases are caught and spread such as kennel cough , parvo virus , leptospiras or weils disease and all types of canine worms . If you allow a dog to lick your hands or your face the dog can transmit these parasites to yourself and this can be dangerous , especially with roundworms that can cause blindness , as for letting dogs lick your hands for years thats foolish and certainly unsanitary , howevor thats your choice , ask any veterinary surgeon or medical doctor they will say the same as ive told you