1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pat Patrick's yard raided

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by shadyridgekennel, Feb 19, 2008.

1. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

Thats a lot of poop to scoop! I it when the antis say "living in their own feces". Makes it seem like there are turds under foot, and the critters cant walk w/ out makin a squish. Propaganda, I like that. Why not use some against that HSUS 'expert', the ALF member. There has got to be some skeletons in that S.O.B.s closet. If he is half the 'upstanding' citizen folks say he is, there is some secretary walkin around w/ a harassment suite waitin to be filed.
    As a community though, we as dog owners need to start striking first against these people's agenda. With the amount of money some of the larger figures in these animals are making, some kind of political clout, smear campaign or propaganda needs to be taken before these people can ban, shoot, gas, or legislate all domestics out of existence. As long as they can pull the liberal media's heart strings, more money will be given to them. You notice all the HSUS banners in websites now? "it only takes 2 hours to poison a dog, but one minute to report it" In our microwave society that is a perfect time frame for someone to fabricate a story w/ no proof and cause you no end of trouble.
    Im sure out of all the game dog fans out there, someones brother, cousin whatever is a lawyer or a person of influence lookin for a cause. How bout keep your laws off my dogs?!
    Im a bit low on the totem pole to make any kinda waves, yet. However, there are plenty more established people who can.

2. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

I wasn't referring to anyone breaking the law or not - I was asking a question. I'm not talking about the law - I'm asking how someone can take care of 60 dogs.

3. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

Well, unless they have figured out a way to make each day 48 hours long, then I'm sorry, but I say that's BS. No one out there has reinvented the wheel.

4. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

I think this whole raid and taking the dogs was a scapegoat. These six men and 150 dogs were just a casualty of war. The real prize here were those AADR files. The dogs and people were just a "legitimate" way to make that happen. Be ready for the sh*t to hit the fan. I'm ready to pack up and head south.

5. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well the answer is quite simple, it is a word that seems to have disappeared to most of the up and coming generation. It is a four letter word, and the weak can never accomplish it. It is quite simply called (are you ready?)
    "WORK"!!!!
    In our lazy society, this term has morphed into a different definition than older folks understand. Now work is considered going to an office and sitting on your rear end and getting fat and lazy, or maybe work is sitting in front of a camera for 1 hour a day. When people say, "them dog breeders are making money of the dogs back", they are showing their ignorance. Keeping up with a yard is work. Earlly rise, maybe an hour lunch break, then over at dark. That's how a yard is taken care of. And many folks will mentor 1 or 2 folks at a time, who come and work the yard first to learn how to care for the animals, then are usually given their own when shown to be worthy of owning such an animal.
    As to the statement insinuating that the police are just enforcing laws, wake up! Most of the laws now are unconstitutional, and the folks that are in office just wipe their rearends with the constitution. And it is not just with my dogs. Heck, everytime they pass a law, they throw something in there with it that is crazy. EX. With the hate crimes bill, if it becomes law, says that I cant(because I am a preacher) preach against "alternative lifestyles". Which in common tongue basically means, I cant say that murder, child molestation, homosexuality, thievery, or anything else that the bible says is sin, is a sin. First offense, would be a $5000 dollar fine, 2nd would be 10 yrs in jail(proposed).
    What I see from this is that now you are not being arrested and convicted on what you ARE doing, but what you MIGHT be doing. So I recon in 5 yrs, you get mad, raise your voice, and your busted for murder because you MIGHT have killed the person you got loud with.
    I have been saying for a while that we should have joined with the bully, pet bull folks, but the bashing just kept continuing. I said "a house divided against itself will not stand", but I might as well be whistling in the dark.
    I myself have been against the law before, and for someone to say that whatever the law does is right and just is a person who believes that Mary Poppins is alive. Once they put their eyes on you, well, if you dont have deep pockets(which now they sieze your assets so you cant mount a defense), you are lost in the system.
    What Suki posted brought tears to my eyes, but I see it in action all around us, in every aspect of life. I see it in the street, and I see it in the church, people talk, and dont do. I spoke to some well off people once, and they asked if they could help me, I said, yes, please get some bibles for me to take into the prisons. didnt ask for money, just bibles. You should have seen the heads look in the other direction. Now, not all church folks are like that, but many are, and I dare to say that this is the attitude of most in out country.
    I for one believe that our country will fall. not from outside forces, but from within. Heck, from what I understand, there is already money being printed called the "amero" for when Mexico, us and canada join. Do a search, you'll see. It is all being lined up.

I have just been sitting back in the woods pondering, should I get out of the dogs, but when I go out back, and see the smiling faces of them, and how happy they are to see me. And hear "Alligator" go to greeting me with his high pitched squeal, I say to myself, how could I.

So I go my way, talking to as many people as I can, shaking heads, and enlightening people on the wonders of the greatest dog that ever hit the planet, the American Pitbull Terrier, and with that human touch, I have seen many attitudes changing, and once they change, I am sure they effect others in their circles.

thing is this, My grandfather had them, my father has them, I have them, and I desperately want my children to have them, and my grandchildren, should the Lord tarry in His return. I get along with people who have them as pets, I insult some folks who breed them, cause sometimes we dont want to hear the truth. I can get along with the bully breeders, and of course the little game dogs are where my heart is, which does not mean that I pit my dogs, I just simply admire the heart they have.

As to the title of this thread, it seems to me that their lawyers should investigate that fella you was talking about, and rip him a new one on the stand. As to the fate of the dogs, I hope sue is right, and that they arent pts, only time will tell.

As to the registry, I have always suspected that one day all registries that register our dogs will be raided. They are just waiting for the right time. Maybe by the ADBA going all breed might have been the one thing to keep the fed out of their books. I dont know. Only one thing I do know for sure, one day all of this will come to an end, and I hope that I am ready for it when it happens.
    Later

6. Aroura & purplepig excellent posts!
    Who cares, how many dogs people had on their yard! Terry Williams didn't have any, but that didn't stop them, from raiding and destroying his home!

The main point here is people are being persecuted, by an extremist org. with the help of our law enforcement agencies! This needs to be stopped!

If you want it stopped then we all need to help with the people involved defense fund! If you are unwilling to do that, then you might as well send your money to the HSUS, because that is who you are helping!
    We have all read the news statements! "Your dog is in good shape"- YOUR A DOG FIGHTER! "you own a break stick" (which every responsible pitbull owner should have)- YOUR A DOG FIGHTER! and so on! We all know what BS, these claims are. Now the claims need to be shown in court what BS they are. And that takes a compident lawyer in court, which in hand takes money!

So please donate to their defense fund:

Roberta Jensen, Attorney
    RE: Terry Williams defense fund
    5912 E. 22nd St.
    Tucson, AZ. 85711

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  7. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

I've been around this breed and Am bulldogs since I was in diaper's...I've grown up with a great respect for bulldogs and this is uder and complete bullshit....It does matter if the had 160 dogs as long as they were cared for properly. My Ol Man and Uncle had upwards of 80 to 90 dogs when I was a kid and they found time for them each and everyone in a 24 hr time period.....Hell I spent most of my summer's working with them as well. I would say we all come together and put the commie(sp) bullshit to rest or we'll all be next because these idiots will say anything about anyone. I've held back on posting in this thread but I just couldn't anymore cause I'll be damned if anyone walks in a takes any of my dogs.

8. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

My post was off topic and had nothing to do with the case at hand. Beyond that, I can WORK as hard as anyone else. What I cannot do, nor can anyone else, is stretch a 24 hour day into 48. I don't have to know anything else to know that. Owning 60 dogs means that most of them are going to be neglected and unsocialized, unless you dogmen have invented the Evelyn Wood method of speedy dog care. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Clean your own house - then go after HSUS.

9. kinggatorpits

kinggatorpits Big Dog

I didn't see any dogs in any of those pictures that look human aggervise or DA so how the F**K are they being neg?

10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well, from what you just said, you do not know what work is. I know you think you do, but you dont. Not by my definition. Heck, on the farm, we had 11 pastures of cattle, horses, hogs, and the dogs, plus during crop season we had tomatoes. So if you think taking care of 60 dogs is impossible, you are clueless!!! And this was back before the big round bales where around, and we cut our own hay, and had 6 huge barns we filled with the hay we cut and baled ourselves. We wormed and vaccinated every animal ourselves, and of course had to feed everyday.
    Now, maybe YOU cant handle that kind of work, but that dont mean there is not folks who can handle it, and still have a life.

11. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

No, you answered my question. Sure, you can feed them - no problem. But dogs aren't livestock. And we're not talking about a farm situation - but never mind. It's no use. If someone wants to have 60 dogs kenneled up all day, go for it. They'd be better off in a shelter, under those circumstances.

12. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Just because someone has 60 dogs doesn't mean they can't give them a quality life. I have seen people with only one dog neglect it with hours to spare. Time isn't the issue, the QUALITY of the time is!

Dred Lok Kennels likes this.
  13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I'll start a new thread to reply to this statement, we have drifted too far from the original post.

14. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Dixiegirl, You view 60 dogs as to many to give proper care: socilazation, neglected ect.

How many dogs would be maximum for proper care before they should be sent to the shelter? Whats the limit in your opinion

15. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

Why would anyone that understands the dire straits this breed is in all over the world keep BREEDING and BREEDING and selling them to whoever and WHERE ever?

You guys have got to be aware of the absolutely horrific conditions many of these dogs are ending up in!

Dreamer

16. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Why are we even discussing the man's breeding practices? Last time I checked, there is no concrete definition of "backyard breeder"- nor is there a law that dictates just how one is supposed to run their breeding program.

For the record, I do think that mass-producing our dogs and selling them off to the public is one of our biggest problems today. But this thread isn't about that... It's about just how easy it is for these organizations to target, and eventually destroy, a person's life, hobby, and dogs.

17. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

That was a facetious comment, but my answer would be based on the fact that there are 24 hours in a day. Pit bulls, being terriers, need exercise, don't they? For one person, it would take 15 hours a day for me to give each dog only 15 minutes of attention, and that's if I did nothing else. 60 dogs is a ton of poop, pee and everything else to clean up - so add another 2 hours for that. You're now at 17.

I just don't think it's possible without an army of yard hands, and the person in question didn't have any, to my knowledge (I'm not referring to Patrick). You can say that 5 minutes of "quality attention" are all the dog needs, but I'll never buy that. You don't have to be an expert in anything to know that a dog locked in a kennel 23.5 hours out of every day is neglected. They're social animals, not cattle. Sorry - my opinion.

18. Suki

Suki Guest

just to clarify, granted 60 dogs is a lot of animals to care for, but here at work, (for an example) we can care for up too 100+ med-large dogs and do. (and it's school vacation week here, so we have close to 200 hundred dogs now)it is the animal care attendant's job to ensure that each and every dog is watered, fed, medicated, if need be, and then taken out. each kennel staff member is required to take care of these dogs. it's their JOB!!!!!! they are played with, socialized with, have clean bedding when required and YES, all within an 8 hour shift.
    easy work? no f^&ckin way. it's god damn exhausting, but impossible? hardly... and yes, it's done on a daily basis, been here 3 years now and see it 365, so, gutta strongly disagree with you here. is it the "best, most suitable" suitation for everyone? perhaps not, but inhumane, neglectful or undo able in an 8hr shift, or even in 24 hours? hell, freakin, NO, or i'd have to start firing people...
    having a large amount of animals should not infer that the animals are neglected. MANY owners/kennels have help, who have CHOSEN to help. i sincerely wish people would not assume about the condition of animals, due to the amount of numbers owned. it's this very mentally that's slowly bringing about the demise of this great breed....

19. Suki

Suki Guest

not sure if it's too late...
    is it really, ever????????

and while i agree with your thinking, my feeling is, if we all sit around and do nothing

then
    nothing gets done...

and again, i included that letter to make a point, ONLY=there IS strength in numbers

20. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

these dogs are much happier on chain spots then spending their days in kennels, I'll give you that.

Dogs in kennels are not exercised the way dogs are running their chains spots throughout the day, in fact most of them exercise more then the dogs that spend 1hr day at the dog park.

Dixiegirl, Would you feel better about the situation if the dogs were chained out vs kennels?