1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Pat Patrick's yard raided

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by shadyridgekennel, Feb 19, 2008.

1. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Don't live your life in FEAR thinking that anyone is going to be after you or your dogs. You haven't done anything wrong and there isn't anything to worry about with the list and names of the people. I mean it's list of people having their dogs registered with a club that shows them other wise how are you suppose to show dogs?

2. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I was a little nervous too when I read TL Williams was in that raid but I have nothing to be nervous about LOL
    My dog's are well cared for and none have scars or anything.
    I can only hope this doesn't create problems for the AADR shows.

3. Ratler123

Ratler123 Big Dog

WTF no sh*t you can't train out their fighting instinct, but not because they are from a line of fighting dogs but because they are APBTs... the ignorance of society. The instinct cannot be completely blocked, but a fight can be prevented with proper care, so there is no reason to fear their ancestry

4. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

You might not have anything to worry about but some of us do. Some of us have treadmills, springpoles, breaking sticks, ect. It doesn't matter that the dogs are not fighting dogs and well cared for, they only care about making a case and turning every item owned into dog fighting paraphenalia. Basically when they bust you they link just about everything you have to dog fighting even though it doesn't have anything to do with dog fighting, like was the case in TN. They just speculate. Bolt cutters were used to steal bait dogs, some how medication used to treat distemper is used to train dogs to fight.

Even some casual owners should be aware they can be investigated simply for owning a Pit Bull. Even if you are found innocent it won't bring your dogs back if they decide to PTS before trial. This happened to one person. They only had 2 dogs and no fighting equipment. Just 2 pet bulls living in an apartment, but both were killed, the owner was found innocent but the dogs were already dead.

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

This is true. And the things they don't understand, they make up stuff about. Treadmills aren't for exercise; they're to run the dogs to exhaustion. Springpoles aren't for recreation; they're for jaw-strengthening.

I remember reading an article where they said that breaking sticks were "wooden daggers used to goad the dogs into fighting." It was a joke for a while, where I kept jabbing Loki with our stick and saying "Fight, damn you, fight!" Then other people will tell you that the breaking sticks break the dog's jaw, but thankfully I haven't heard that monstrosity from the media yet.

6. did yall see this link? they have been described as "people-friendly" its soo fucking unreal that they are doing this. just look at these dogs and common sense tells you they are well cared for and not fought. its complete and utter bullshit.
    http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/ss/related/77569

7. BAU

BAU Pup

OK, so the lead spokesperson for the HSUS is John Goodman, aka JP Goodman. This guy is an admitted former ALF (Animal Liberation Front) member and founder of the CAFT (Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade). He is on the news videos put forth as the "expert" in this case. Now he is head of the HSUS' Animal Fighting Issues division, wtf. So the law enforcement down there think an ALF member with PETA ties is a credible witness and investigator for this case. Nice, fair and objective, huh? Just do a Google search on him and you can see what his real views are.

8. Well, if you go to this same thread on ROM you will find a suggestion I made for anyone nearing "postal" state of mind. :D

9. Good post BAU. You are referring to John Paul GOODWIN. He runs the "Fighting" division for the HSUS. He was not only the founder of CAFT and a member of ALF he was the spokesman for ALF. He is a criminal with a record, he is listed on the FBI domestic terrorists list. He is an EXTREME ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST/ZEALOT, with a demented agenda. Who will stoop to any means, to get that agenda enforced! And this is the type of "person" that Arizona Law Enforcement has aligned themselves with! That says allot about the merit of these charges! It's all complete BS... And abuse of power.

Typical HSUS scare tactics. They are trying to get the "Game dog community" in flight mode. They are trying to dismantle any support systems in the community. I suggest stay united and stay strong! No one has done anything wrong! There is nothing Illegal, about owning, & breeding pitbulls and registering them with the AADR! The AADR is not a fighting dog registry. There is irrefutable proof of this!

This is an outrageous unjust travisty, that has happened to some great people in the pitbull world! And these people are in need of our help, in times like this! All their assets have been siezed! They took all their funds, and left them with no resources! If you want to do something constructive and help this situation, get resolved victoriously! Then Please donate to their legal defense fund! I am going to try and find out who is representing them and then I will post it on here...

10. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Banned

Well where do I begin here? It seems that the level of passionate feelings is high in this thread and they should be. When are we ever going to stop the madness that is going on with our breed today? The trouble is, the passionate feeling being expressed here are the same old things said every time somebody gets arrested for dog fighting. Let’s cry a river for these poor innocent folks who are being railroaded by the law! What ever happened to the last pair of folks who this site was crusading for when their van was stopped? I may not post much here, but I’ve read plenty. Where are they now? From my understanding one has plead guilty and the other one, well if anyone could tell us the fate of that one please do. The same people you all claimed were such good guys and stand up individuals are now in jail and apparently informants. Or at least one of them appears to be according to law enforcement. Oh yeah, silly me! You can’t believe a thing those law enforcement folks have to say! They’re just all out to arrest people for no good reason and kill all the dogs. Some of you may want to lay off the reefer. I hear it makes you paranoid. The fact that they turned shouldn’t surprise any of you. Mike Vick, another one of your heros, did the exact same thing. It was in public print he agreed to cooperate with investigations. Yep I forgot again though, you can’t believe that if the cops said it.

Pat Patrick is a fool. Pure, plain and simple. His brazen advertisement and basic snubbing of his nose thinking he was untouchable got him exactly what he had coming. Is everyone going to send money to these folks too so they can cop a plea and squeal? There are plenty of dog men just as successful, with dogs just as fine who have never had to advertise like a fool for it to be known what they had. It seems that some of the dog men though have decided that selling a few thousand dogs a year is an easy living, so why not pump up the hype if it helps to line your pockets. Blue breeders get bashed regularly for pumping out the shit eaters they do, yet if your name happens to appear on peds like certain dog men of today, it is fine that you put thousands of dogs out into circulation because it is quality stock. Yeah that’s bettering the breed for sure!

<O:p

I read saying on here like, “close the circle”, and “wake up and smell the coffee”. Yes it is indeed time to do these things. Maybe somebody should send a memo to folks like PP, TG, and others who are peddling off thousands of mutts per year. If there were that many people that should be in the circle, we would have no problem getting matching back on the books as legal. Our voice could not be silenced. So where are all these dogs going? To anyone with the money, that’s who. In the end that’s all it’s about to them. The money. Anybody that can’t admit that is only fooling themselves. Yes they want to, and do produce quality dogs. Nobody needs or should produce that many dogs though, no matter what the quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
    215pitts likes this.
  11. cheese

cheese Top Dog

I really couldn't have put it any better!
    What are they all getting charged with anyways? What laws did law enforcement get to enforce?

12. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Well Buckaroo I can't speak for the owner of the van involved in Chicago's incident but I can speak for the other one and he has not cut any deal or copped any kind of plea. He is still fighting for what is right and will at the risk of his own freedom continue to see it thru. So while some may turn please don't be so quick to judge them all.

Bullyson likes this.
  13. Great response..............

14. dizzle0021

dizzle0021 Guest

I believe they were refering to BB. If I am not mistaken.

15. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

Wow that brings a whole new light to the situation. I never thought of that.
    I don't own treadmill or anything BUT my dogs are chained a few feet from each other. I have a fenced yard but neither will stay in it.
    The thing is NEITHER of them are mine LOL I am keeping them for other people. They may have to come get their dogs especially since the male is AADR registered.....

Maybe I'm just panicing for no reason but I just got a bad gut feeling about how this is going to go as far as the AADR registered dogs.

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

As I've said before, show me a shred of proof where it says one of the men in the van were informants. The article, simply said, they found information because of that arrest. To assume one of the men, was squealing is unfounded, when all the info they needed would of been in the travel log they confiscated.

Calling someone a snitch is a very strong accusation to make, better have some solid proof!

17. Suki

Suki Guest

couldn't agree more......

18. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I think people should be given the benefit of the doubt until a trial is over. Again let us not rush to judgement. Everyone knows what is going on but how many people are man or woman enough to stand up to the establishment and tell them to F#ck off

19. Dixiegal

Dixiegal Pup

Maybe you can help me out here because this is something I just don't understand - why in the world would one person have 60 dogs? I can't see 2 people being able to care for that many animals properly, let alone one. And it doesn't sound like they had enough $$ to hire yard hands. I mean, pit bulls aren't some different species - in the end, they're just dogs - they need socialization, stimulation and attention as much as any other breed. There aren't enough hours in a day for somebody to give enough attention to 60 dogs.
    Sorry for the rant, but that always gets me.

20. Aurora

Aurora Pup

Views like this held by the general public is why this breed is in danger .

1. It doesn't matter WHY they owned any given number of dogs as long as no law is broken .

2. Animals need 3 things , food , water , and shelter to survive and not be mistreated . If the animals are in proper physical condition then no law is broken .

3. These animals are not children . One's opinion on how an animal is mentally stimulated or emotionally balanced has no bearing on the LAW at hand .

HSUS are masters at propaganda . Propaganda as defined by Webster's dictionary " Ideas disseminated to support a doctrine " . Wake up people , the HSUS , peta , alf etc. are using this front to line their coffers .

We as a nation need to worry about our own backyard instead of looking into others . This is encroaching on everyone's freedoms