1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paper Hanging!

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by misterdogman, Jun 21, 2005.

1. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Ive learned along time ago people are people when they have a chance to make money they will. When its time the pay the rent there gonna sell that pup even if its not bred the way the ped says . If you didnt see the breeding theres no way to ever know unless you take that dog on maury not to bash on every breeder cause there still honest dogmen out there just seems like thier becoming extinct

2. peppapig

peppapig Banned

if you can prove a dog is paper hung by someone you should name and shame.some decent dogmen have been blamed for for it......but also a shit loads more little wanker peddlers have done the same!for anyone to paperhang then it surley must be purely for cash result of litter selling!!.....papers might not make the dog better or worse.....but it certainly helps to sell the pup if the papers are flashier than what its history truelly is!!!!!

3. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

not always peppa, maurice carver would hang papers as he said he would sell a man a cake but not give away the recipe.in short if people knew how he was breeding them then people could copy him.

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

this same thing is has been done with horses and just about anything that u can get registered but the plain and simple fact of the matter is and has been stated in this thread does it really matter if u have a dam good game dog that u are satisfied with? well in my opinion thats all that matters in the long run

5. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i can see the rationality in that sunbeam matey...the sneaky fucker..lol...but...if a suspicious mind heard of such things after buying....you would have to wonder wat the feck your feeding.....fair enough carver has put alot canines out there worth thier feed...but if hes intent on breeding true bulldogs..which history says he has....surely how hes bred them should come into it??.....but then again..:rolleyes:..like ye have said before.....the pedigre doesnt make the dog.....:p

6. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Carver hung papers, but it was no secret. From what I read, he also had alot of scatterbred dogs too. The papers don't make the dog, but without papers your dog is classified as a mutt unless you bred them yourself. Buying a pup with no papers is the same as buying a pitbull pup from a shelter. If I buy a pup from a shelter and he grows up to be a good game dog, does that give him the right to be bred and his pups to be sold?? Without legitimate paper work, I don't want anything to do with it. JMO

7. Wood23

Wood23 Big Dog

I have heard of alot of dog men that has done this Joey was breed several times after his retirement by a guy he was placed with and an offspring of Joey was put on the papers so that McNasty would not find out about it.

8. I think a registry means nothing more than someone paying to advertise their dogs. Since we are not in this to sell dogs and rarely will sell one, none of our dogs are registered.
    Should we ever sell a dog I will write up its pedigree on my pc (my handwriting is ilegible) and have it printed out and signed and that is as far as I will go. The pedigree is just a tool although a necessary one so I do feel that a person should know how his dog is bred. Plus I'm a camera fiend and I have pics of all our breedings and whelpings, as those who know me already know lol.
    Currently our brood bitch has no papers although her parents and littermates all do. I have no plans in registering her in the future. Our 2 litters off of her also do not have any papers and no plans in the future of registering them.
    Should we ever sell a dog we would like the person getting it to be someone who saw one of ours compete and liked what they saw. What we would try to avoid is someone wanting a pet or a show dog.
    The type of person we would like to entrust with one of our dogs would be content with a pc printed pedigree since they would have seen what they were getting.

9. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Everyone does what suites them best, nothing wrong with that at all. But for me, if a dog competes well and has a litter or is open for stud, i still wont breed to it or take a pup from it without paperwork. I dont sell dogs really either, and a person who breeds with or without papers can still peddle their dogs if they choose, papers can't change that. I feel more at ease when i have certificate in hand and all the details of the certificate match the dog. It allows me the option of doing different things with the pups to get them exposure. JMO

10. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

To many focus on dead dogs way back in the pedigrees , when you should focus on the first three generations top and bottom of the pedigree. The only true way to know a ped is 100% true is what you breed yourself.
    Carver was never on his deathbed telling about dogs not bred the way they say , the reason being Carver had a heart attack right on his porch and that was it. Its also a known fact that many dogmen hung peds on various dogs over the years!!!! From a good few of these dogs the families came about. History is good and without the past there would be no present , but just as we move forward in the modern world we do/should do with the dogs.

11. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Good post!

12. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

@ Purepit19, so are you saying if you dont have papers oin a dog you wont bred it. IMO you could be missing out on the best thing you might have I got one right now that is producing high caliber dogs ( I have a idea of how he is bred) and I dont have his papers we dont make a habit of just selling dogs. But to dimiss a dog due to lack of a papertrail I dont know about that................. I know a dude that is real good friends with the guys from Krazyside, and he told me the truth behind CH.Nino its no bigge to me but you never know if you werent there anyway and that goes with any dog you buy.

13. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

What is your opinion of someone who hangs papers on their dog just so they can show it in the ADBA, and do not intend to breed it?

Surely that can't be as bad as completely forging it's ancestry and breeding it to every female that enters the chain spot? lol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  14. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Yes, I will dismiss a dog that doesn't have papers. I'm not saying that paper dogs are better or worse because there is no such thing as the best dog. You may have a great dog unpapered and that's fine if your happy with it. I personally spend alot of time with my dogs and thinking about what they will produce when bred. I would like to better my chances as much as possible by having a pedigree and breeding accordingly. Breeding is a crap shoot for the most part, and I feel that knowing a dogs history will give you a better insight on which routes to go breeding wise. For every great non-papered dog out there, there is another great one with papers. I'd rather know what's behind it to get an idea what's going to come after it. JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  15. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

yeah, I don't know of breeders of any other kind of performance animal that aren't eager to pass on accurate pedigrees -- to keep the history true and to help others breed better animals. Pedigrees can certainly be a roadmap to helping one get to where you want to go, to bettering an animal.

I dunno -- it seems to speak to me that many breeders of these dogs of the past and today aren't all that interested in helping others improve the breed or even the true history. You mess with peds, you mess with history. They just want THEIRS and the hell with everyone else.

Dreamer

16. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

NO PAPERS NO PROOF ...so whats your point !!! what in what some back alley bullshit ???? ......get real u see this is the shit everyone /anyone SHOULDNT DO !!!

17. ROSE

ROSE Banned

Hanging papers is still HANGING papers. like you stated eariler, they do not INTEND to sell but, if someone saw the dogs ped. and liked it, offered that person say $800.00 to breed to him they wouldn't turn it down fake ped. and all.

18. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i agree with this 100% good post

19. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

20. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

you would be the guy lookin like the fool when everyone finds out, IMO