1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paper Hanging!

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by misterdogman, Jun 21, 2005.

1. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

BGFU, to have the insight to see that gives me a lot of respect for you. A lot of people wouldn't see it that way but the real dogmen do.

2. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

very important story mrdogman!
    hope some learn from it.......

PS- BGFU, how is Mamma Cass?? ;)

3. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Cassy is doing fine! The old belly is growing good right now just hope she ant setting me up for a false labor!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2005
  4. preme

preme CH Dog

some say old honeybunch was a crenshaw dog why no one talks up her littemates?:rolleyes:

5. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

lots of good info here, keep it coming:D

6. Caos

Caos CH Dog

bred dogs not papers!

7. Ja-net

Ja-net Banned

Someone once told me that if you look at alot of heavy inbred Honeybunch dogs you wont see no black colored dogs. Wasnt Bullyson and his siblings black? Things that make you go hhhmmmmm lol.

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I have known FR for quite a number of years. I like FR. But somehow, the death bed story strikes me almost funny.
    First, I don't believe FR was anywhere near MC when he died. Second, I can tell you without any qualms, that when MC made a lie, he didn't hide a thing about having told it. He would literally stand right in front of you and belly-laugh about having told it. He didn't give a shit, I promise you. To MC, it was all just a game, and part of THE game.

I have quite another of his angles in my mind about any last stories or truths he may or may not have yielded. It would be more like MC to have told yet another deceptive tale on his way out just to have one more belly laugh at us all before he went.

TDK

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

i would be paper hanging is far more rampant than we would like to know. if you have bred everything in your dogs pedigree for three or four generations, then you know what you have for at least three or four generations. Beyond that you just have to take peoples word for it.
    an example of the true worth of a pedigree:
    Ayoung guy down the road gets into the dogs. he buys from some reputable breeders. the lady down the road had a 'pet bull' that she cant keep in a pen and refuses to chain out. she gets loose and comes straight to the chained dogs. he complains. she says will you take the dog for me. gives him the papers. if you name a blood line she has it in her ped. you cant go out of your way to make it any more scattered. take her hunting, and she is the deal....now she is Ch. Angel (3XW). 36min (RIP), 42 min (RIP), 58 min (RIP). so papers are worthless for the most part. and good dogs are where you find them. s.

10. cameron

cameron Big Dog

it wasn't carver frank was talking about it was a friend of his named tommy shire who he also stated helped steal dibo with tudor(he stated he cut the rope)

11. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

hell even hand written peds are hung. Ask.....well you know.

12. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Easy there Mac.. or this thread will dissapear..lol

13. art

art Big Dog

think that is ture jeep dogs buckskin and not black :cool: but them m.caver dogs are stemrollers :rolleyes:

14. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

LOL LOL LOL LOL OLO LOL oLO

15. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

I think that in EVERY single line today(except 1) the dogs have hung papers in their pedigree, every last one (-1)...

The ONLY line that doesn't you may ask?

DNA'p Colby dogs.

16. cameron

cameron Big Dog

u know for certain not 1 of them colby dogs are hung throughout history?

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have to agree with cameron. DNA is that has only recently been started to be used. If Colby DNA'd ALL his dogs from beginning to end, yes, you could make that claim none of his dogs were paper hung. But he didn't. Plus, he got dogs from other people as well & who knows what they did. As a result I don't think you can say for sure there is ANY line who is 100% free of any paper hanging.

18. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Sounds like Bobby thinks Colby had first dibs on dna technology.... Bobby ,you have to admit that was one ignorant statement...

19. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I can see it happening a lot more back then considering the top kennels.breeders were competing with one another in the box. If dog A and dog B produce me a real good one and I know you got the same ingredients down the road, why would I not make dog C the father? I'm winning with my dog and you are then 'experimenting' with the next breeding trying to duplicate my good one. And then if you stumble upon something with what I sold you, well, I already know the true ingredients so I can copy what you did with the true make-up and still win in the end. Sort of like having the cake and eating it too.
    The reason for hanging papers back then was to protect what you were winning with, and winning being the primary purpose of breeding better dogs. It was competition. The competition of today is to sell the most puppies, so papaer hanging is more rampant today than it was years ago because of the $$$ involved.
    I hate it either way, and disagree with it wholeheartedly, but it is a problem with an easy cure so it is no real problem other than for arguments sake. I don't dwell on such things as this. s.

20. yrrej

yrrej Pup

Exactly. The last 2 generations matter the most. in the old days, many people used to paper hang dogs to 1) be able to sell more of the popular bloodlines and 2) to confuse anybody who bought their dogs so they would make the wrong breedings. Gameness has a lot to do with the right breeding. The reverse was also true. people would paper hang a dog with apparently poor breeding, although it was actually from respectable parents, and 'let slip, the 'bad breeding' in order to drive up the odds and the purse. Anything is possible in the world of gambling....