1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paper Hangin

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by johnynuckle, May 4, 2005.

1. I think i have two pups that have hung paper work. I've tried to contact a guy who has a litter mate to these two that I have. I e-mailed the guy he did respond telling me that his pup is acting good said he was born in jan. When i replied to him & said my pups were born in july of the same year out of the same sire & dam & sent him my contact so we could talk about this strang breeding he never replied, so I e-mailed him again still no reply! What should I do.

2. sixkiller

sixkiller Banned

ifn he doesnt reply go to the dude you got your dog from,,thats what i would do

3. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

Actually... Is it possible they breed the bitch on her next cycle to the same male and you have pups from the 2nd breeding??

If his pup was born in Jan then the dam could have come back in heat and been bred in May, making your pups be born mid to late July.... Very possible if they repeated the breeding as soon as she came back in heat. Some bitches are dead on coming in heat every 6 months, and some have cycles that are longer or shorter than that...

I'd talk to the person you got your pups from and straight up ask him.

4. Kay

Kay Big Dog

I was thinking the same thing. In fact it is possible for him to have had another litter by her since your pup was born. I agree with everyone else, you just need to talk to the guy.

5. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

Actually... Is it possible they breed the bitch on her next cycle to the same male and you have pups from the 2nd breeding??LOL SEEN IT MANY TIMES

6. 440rider

440rider Guest

is paper hanging something that occurs often?

7. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

it happens, dont know how often because it never happend to me, BUT IT DOES HAPPEN,
    the question you should be asking is how to prevent such a crime from happening to yourself

8. GYD04

GYD04 Pup

I think the biggest thing is trusting the person you purchase your dogs from. Because if you don't trust the breeder you will never treat the dogs the same. Look at how many foundation dogs have questionable ancestory...it happens all the time. Papers aren't everything, but trust is.

9. 440rider

440rider Guest

I Know it happens first hand, i just wasnt sure how often. Any advice on how to prevent it? Before I do business with anyone I like to get to know who i'm doing business with first. I try and do my homework as much as possible. Any advice anyone?