1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

PAnacur wormers for Equine..What can you say?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by BFKENNEL, Sep 20, 2006.

1. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

Anyone uses this wormer? I saw this large toothpaste type of packaging in an equine drug store that has a label of Panacur. Just want to know anyone uses this type of wormer and what would be the safest dosage in administering this wormer..

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2006
  2. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

i use panacur on my yard. this is how i use it. i let it hit the top base of the tube for each dog

3. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

Thanks sir but what do you mean you hit the top base of the tube?

4. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

if this was the tube

________/////////////////panacur/////////////////-------

nipple lenght (solid black line)

5. Attila

Attila Guest

I have used it. But I just put a dab on my finger and give it to the dog. Not sure the exact amound but it will worm even them nasty tape worms out. If I remember correctly there is a dial and a plunger. I know it don't take much more than the dab size of a japanese beetle. The green one not the tiny purple one or the large redish one. I remember seeing those there in the Philippines on the rose bushes.

6. dog-man

dog-man Big Dog

I used to use panacur, but found strongid, is a lot better all around wormer, use it like this , 1 cc per 10 lbs of dog, just get one of those measuring syringes , give one dose daily , for 4 days straight, and your dog wont have anymore worms.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  7. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I use Panacur as well, can't think of the average dose at this moment. But it does work well, and I found a place to get it for cheap.

8. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

I use panacur as well and I to use the scale of 1 cc per 10 lbs of body weight. I do a 3 day cycle and it has worked for me. Strongid is also a good wormer.

9. hbergms

hbergms Pup

anybody ever use safeguard

10. BamaBoy

BamaBoy Big Dog

Yes, I've used safeguard, panacur, and strongid. All work well...I've taken to rotating them a month at a time. The past two months, I've used zimectrin gold with good results also.

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I use pyrantel wormer, but I do use this stuff called Zymectrin Gold for horses. It has ivemec for heartworm prevent, and it also has the stuff in it for Tapes, both types. It comes in a paste. Each notch on the plunger is 50# body weight.

The good thing about panacur is that it is hard to harm the dog with overdose; bad thing is that you have to give it 3 days in a row, twice each day I believe. Pyrantel is a one time dose.

12. The Panacur (Febendazole) wormer for horses is not that great of deal money wise.

The dosage for dogs is 10 times higher than needed for horses.

Horses require 5 mg/kg and dogs require 50 mg/kg.

So a fifty pound dog would need 500 lbs worth on the horse wormer syringe....

Many people underdose their dogs this way and are not effectively worming them.

It is actually cheaper to buy the 22.2% Panacur granules in the 1lb jar to do your dogs.

13. d-phi931

d-phi931 Pup

I got the safe-guard for horses at the feed store today and they told it was the same as panacur(is that true). anyway i was reading this post and someone said they think your suppose to give twice a day over 4 days is that true i know it's suppose to be given 3 or 4 days straight but twice a day is this true. Also is this a good wormer for hooks, round, whip, and tape worms somebody let me know please. thanks