1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

PA show June 9th 2007

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by 215pitts, May 29, 2007.

1. Can you explain to me how they do these treadmill races? Will they have fun events?

I have never been to a show and would like to start with my older dog (avatar). He is not registered hence my inquiry about "fun" shows. I am sure no one will doubt he is 100% APBT. In fact, i would like to go and pick up my 1st place ribbon. lol

2. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

The treadmill race is broken down into 2 classes. Males vs males and females vs females. They run for 2 minutes. Then the 2 winners of the first round go back for a second 2 minute run, male vs female for overall winner. The dog who runs the farthest in 2 minutes is the winner. They award a ribbon and or a plaque. There will be fun shows. Usually Best rednose, best conditioned, judges choice, best brindle, best black, etc. Your dog doesnt have to be registered to compete in the fun shows but he may need an ILP number since this is an ADBA sanctioned show. Call Jacki to find out for sure. Hey, if you think your boy can get a first place ribbon, bring him out.

3. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Hey, where is BoiBoi aren't you going. We talked about this a few months back :D. J/K I can't make it my male tried to climb out the kennel and hurt his arm according to the vet. He'll miss the show as well....I'll be missing it this year guys.

4. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it to this show 215pitts. There will be an AADR sanctioned show at the same place in Sept. Hopefully we will see you then.

I just got the flyer for this Saturdays show with all the info:

THE PENNSYLVANIA BULL & TERRIER ASSOCIATION

June 9th, 2007 (rain or shine)

TWO ADBA SANCTIONED APBT CONFORMATION SHOWS!

Two shows to be held in one day

Champion’s classes to be held only if pre registries exist!!!

SORRY, NO WEIGHT PULL WILL BE HELD

AWESOME AWARDS FOR ALL CLASSES!!!!!

Dogs must be registered with the American Dog Breeders Assoc

to compete in the sanctioned classes.

Fun classes are open to all dogs!

WARWICK COUNTY PARK, POTTSTOWN, PA

Registration from 7:00 to 9:00 AM (thru out day)

Sanctioned classes cost $18.00 a dog per class

First show starts at 10:00 AM SHARP!!!

Fun classes include:

Fun classes cost $10.00 a dog per class

Judge’s Choice for both judges

Treadmill Race (starts at 9:00 AM)

Junior Handler

Best Red Nosed Dog

Best Brindle Dog

Best Conditioned Dog

Raffle and 50/50 raffle

Public restrooms on site

Beautiful playground on site for the kiddies!

FOOD CONCESSION ON THE PREMISES

All non-food venders are welcome- MUST SUPPLY OWN TABLES-we just

ask for a small donation to our raffle!

ALL DOGS MUST BE CRATED WHILE NOT COMPETING AND ALL

ADBA RULES WILL BE IN EFFECT AND ENFORCED!

For more information contact: Jacki 610-473-8530

Kathy 215-782-8943

DIRECTIONS TO THE SHOW:

FROM POINTS SOUTH AND WEST:

Take Pennsylvania Turnpike to Downingtown Exit. Take Route 100 North to Route 23 West (right before Pottstown PA). From the intersection of these two routes you procede approximately 3 or 4 miles to County Park Road and make left (look for dog show signs). Park entrance on left.

FROM POINTS NORTH AND EAST:

Take Route 22 East thru Allentown, PA, take Route 309 South to Route 29 South. Route 29 South will run right in to Route 100 South. Take Route 100 South to Route 23 West (below Pottstown, PA). Follow directions from above.

Exact mailing address to park for MapQuest: 382 County Park Road, Pottstown, PA 19465

MOTEL INFORMATION:

Hampton Inn 610 363-5555

Holiday Inn at Morgantown 610 286-3000

Inn at Morgantown 610 286-5521

Holiday Express Pottstown 610 327-3300

CAMPING INFORMATION:

Warwick Woods Campground 610 286-9655

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

lol yea i wasn't sure if i'd have time to make it out to the show because i got a lot going on saturday, but it looks like im gonna come out for like an hour to see some dogs and then i gotta head off and do my thing. Sux it had to be this weekend cause i would like to stay longer but hey thats the way it goes. Hey scratchin ill look out for u so i can give angus a pat on the head

6. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

I will be there.I am planing on taking lil vader. And a few of my friends will also take the trip with me.

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

hey BoiBoi..we will look for ya too!

8. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I woke up feeling sick so I stayed home :(. Of course I feel fine now ...

Hope everyone has a great time. Post some results up when you all get home

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

We had a great time. Angus did good. He won the treadmill race for the third straight time! In the morning show he got a second place in 3-5 males and in the afternoon show he got a third.
    Good to see ya BoiBoi and Mason! I didnt bring my camera so hopefully BoiBoi will post some pics of Angus.

10. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Congrats!!!!!

11. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

I took a pic of Angus and posted it.Cong. on the mill he was on fire.And on the show.Hope to see you there next year.Or in the Jersey show. Cesar

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

hey thanks! I dont think there will be a Jersey show in the fall but there will be another show in Pottstown in Sept. Hopefully we will see you there. Did you show lil Vader? How did he do?

13. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Glad to see everyone had a great time at the show. Again, I wish I could of been there but all the dogs that I was going to show where injured. Next year we'll make them. Congrats to Angus!

14. bigcespits

bigcespits Big Dog

Yeah im planing on going in sept. Yeah I showed vader in the 4 to 6 months old class.But we did not win lol he was to tired I guess the heat got to him.But I hope in sept.The weather will be better so im planing on showing him then.YFIS Ces

15. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

hey scratchin good to see you there, i got pics of angus on the mill but i had to leave right after the first judges pick which sux but what can i do. I'll post up the pics from the show soon, and Mason i hope u got what u needed bro

oh yea and by the way it was hot as all hell that day, i only stayed for like an hour and a half but i got a nice burn on my head, i couldn't imagine the people who stayed all day, thats crazy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  16. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Congrats on your wins - so how far did the winner go on the treadmill?

17. MASON

MASON Big Dog

Yeah I got what I needed and it was a pretty good weekend, Cutty earned his CH title with a Best of Show in the morning and 1st in the evening! It was great talking with you and everyone else that was there, excellent weekend.

18. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Congrats to all that won, especially Cutty. Great job!

19. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Angus ran 3.060 km which works out to 1.90026 miles in two minutes.

20. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

That's pretty good - a little chocolate female went 1.99 for the win at our last show.
    Our boy went 1.53 OTC for 3rd, and 2nd went 1.78.