1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

p.carver black shine x carver's orphan annie 2

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by deadrabbitsoc., Dec 22, 2011.

1. deadrabbitsoc.

deadrabbitsoc. Big Dog

2. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Well,,, it isnt inbred thats for sure. Isnt really line bred either. If you are going to try and call it line bred, its very loose (Maybe the top could be considered loose line bred Loner.). Anything past 4 generations, and you are searching for a name to put on it. I would just call it a grand son of Virgil, and leave it at that. Thats not bad, he was a great dog and by far the best dog within atleast 4 generations of that pedigree. How many generations back is black Shine or Orphan Annie 2 anyway, 7 or 8???

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

buddy you going back 20 some odd generation lol. that dog ain't even geneticly relevant to them dogs. "these modern dogs are just tudor/hinzel crosse" i think erl t said that in a interview. so you can call it whatever you want.

4. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

LOOSELY Linebred Wilson's Nina underneath Inbred Bowling's Loner by way of Virgil back to his dam... But like the post above me.. A grandson of Virgil at best.

5. deadrabbitsoc.

deadrabbitsoc. Big Dog

icepick so are you saying that a dog 7-8 generations back in a pedigree make them irrelevant to the pedigree? so this pedigree wouldnt be redboy cause it shows up once in the first four generations?

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=215442

6. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

thats diff cause just about all them dogs if not all r redboy family dogs.I think that would be a linebred redboy dog.although im sure ben b could explain with more certainty

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

genetics work one way & pedigree are read based on someones opinion. read pedigree from right to left & think what dog would give the biggest genetic contribution & is most generally recognisable in recent times? i read that breeding as decon dogs. to prove it as fact you'd need testing so without fact it's opinion based on the depth of the individual understanding of genetics & how to apply it to a pedigree. but don't harp on papers or pedsonline because if you don't breed them yourself you just cant say for sure.

8. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member