1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ozzie Stevens Book

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Bigfoot, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Pup

Does anybody know if he still has a book coming out?

2. erik440

erik440 Pup

Last I heard from a very good source he could not come up with the money he wants to put the book out in color and he wants the book to be a big book but all in color :D

3. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

preorders maybe to help raise the funds?

4. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I've heard about this book for years.
    anyone can self publish a book these days.
    I don't know os but i have all the respect in the world for him.
    I'd love to read it and I'd pay good $.

5. lilboom

lilboom Banned

I'd love to read it too! I agree with the pre order idea to help raise the funds

6. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

he told me that he wants the book to have the photos with color not black and white, and that it was very expensive. he also told me that the book is more than a decade in the making and has stories on the greats of his day up until recent. I offered to help but he is a proud man as you know if you know him.

7. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

bodyshop. last time i talked to him, he is short a few pennies......

8. letsmakestuffup

letsmakestuffup Big Dog

tell him to publish it at www.lulu.com you can then place an order with them for as little as one book at a time once he has the order and money so he wouldnt have to lay any money out upfront.

9. RRL

RRL Top Dog

I'll buy it if it's ever released.I'm sure it will be an excellent read.

10. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

This was about Ozzie's book.For your information Angus was suppose to go into Jeep not Homer .Homer was brought in I believe with 3 weeks work.You are right they should have paid the forfeit but they didn't want to pay out $10,000.00.Ozzie I believe was told if he tried to pick up Homer he was a deadman.

11. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Ozzie was talking about writing a book back in the late 80's.The book would sell without a problem among game dog owners.Ozzie is a wealth of knowledge and contributed to game dogs on all levels (matching,conditioning,handling,breeding).He owned some of the best and beat some of the best .His book would be a treasure chest if puts half of his knowledge in it.