1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Owner told to hand over pet tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Tiara, Dec 9, 2005.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

Yes I do, However I do not sell to the public nor do I place my dogs. I'm not here to network or advertise my stock.

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

chinasmom.. you cannot take ground hamburger and make it Filet mingon .. Sure, maybe there are some "pet dogs" that are exceptional.. however again, most breeders dont breed their dogs because they THINK they are great.. they breed them because they have proven to be great.
    You think you breed once and a bloodline is created? It can take years and years of culling litter after litter to get a good solid bloodline..

Everyone is kennel blind..meaning we all think our dogs are great and that our dogs have proven their greatness to us.. But unless the dog has proven itself against others (like in show, weight pull, hunting) then it is just a biased opinion. Its true, no one can tell another what to do.. but you need to look the next dog that gets put to sleep in your shelter because no home was in the eye and explain why it doesnt have a home yet you could breed and take away homes...
    My feelings on the matter would be quite different if you were breding show. weight pull or competition dogs ..but you didnt.

3. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

I have a petbull and just because I love him and like alot of the characteristics and traits that he has does not mean that I am going to breed him. Actually, on the contrary I am going to get him neutered as soon as I can. I do not think that you should breed dogs that you cannot prove their ancestry. I believe that there are enough dogs that don't have pedigrees in this world. I would never want to be responsible for puppies that just ended up getting euthanized because there wasn't enough place for the dog or there weren't proper homes for it. If I would find out that one of my dog's offspring were euthanized it would just break my heart. I prefer to leave the breeding to the professionals. Just my opinion.

4. Suki

Suki Guest

It's ALL and will ALWAYS be about being held accountable. If you can't be liable, in every sense of the word, for your pet, plain and simple, then you shouldn't own it! Place the blame where the blame should be placed. If you can't render satisfaction in regards to your pets, then buy a damn fish!!!!:D

5. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

I completely agree with you 100%

6. adam4by4

adam4by4 Pup

The future should remain exactly as it was in the past. If a dog is human aggressive to the point that it hurts someone, put it down. Many years ago thats what they did to try to rid the breed of this trait. Some still have it but irresponsible ownership is also a problem. I wouldnt even want a dog that I couldnt let run across the street to the neighbors in fear of him/her hurting another person, or so untrained that whenever it sees a dog which will be a common thing most likely it will try to destroy it. Thats just pure laziness. If this guy cared so much as to tattoo the dogs name on him then he should have trained him to accept everyone and respect him enough that this kind of thing would only end in finding the dog at the pound without anyone or thing hurt by it in the mean time!

7. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

chinasmom- Have you done a search on petfinder yet? There are over 6,000 Pit Bull or Pit Bull mixes that need homes. Seeing dogs on petfinder that says they only have two or three days to live or knowing that Ohio doesn't even give them a chance to be adopted out makes me want to cry. But maybe it's better because those dogs won't make the headlines due to poor breeding.

simms- Not every PET Bull owner is irresponsible. You are VERY right in your signature that the circle should be closed. It might save the game dogs but the damage is already done to the Pit Bull name. I have three dogs (wouldn't necesarily call them Pet Bulls as they will have a job when they are old enough) and they are liscensed, microchipped, have all shots, and are kept on a tight leash so to speak.

8. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Same here. My dogs, all six of them, are very well kept and cared for. If everyone on this forum wants to be so noble and adopt a dog they know nothing about, then why is the first question out of thier mouths when someone shows us a dog is " How's he breed?" Could it be they would like to breed them?

9. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

chinasmom- Because by asking how's he breed and getting a ped means at least the person has a track of what is being bred. Not just throwing two dogs together because they CAN and WILL breed. I have fostered and rescued, doesn't mean the dogs I place are mean if I notice one with a temperment problem they get put down from Min Pins to Great Danes.

10. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

Not always.. I doubt a serious apbt fancier would buy a pup from someone;s "pet"..Most ask that question because thats just the first thing that pops into people's heads when they see pup for sale and want to buy and want to look like they know something... look at how many people cant even read a pedigree on here yet they have dogs and want to breed ... or they call them "American x Brendall" , Gator mouth or spell names wrong.

People who know what they are doing research bloodlines first then look for kennels or breeders that offer that bloodline.. they dont surf peddlemypup.com or look at pictures, then ask "hows it bred" because if they truely cared how it was bred in the first place they would have researched and purchsed from reputable breeder /kennel..

And I bet you that most of the purebred apbts in a shelter were sold to someone who asked " whats its bloodline "

True, we all are curious to what bloodline a good looking or acting dog is and ask that question alot out of curiosity..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2006
  11. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

how many people ask that of other breeds when they get one. I see it with the pits because people wanted to be sure of a dogs lineage at one time now they ask bcs its the cool thing to do. i hear ppl around me all the time spew some random crap out about their dogs blood line. oh hes eli, boudreaux, chinaman.
    or hes tiger x gAtor. Pure bred Brendell is my fav.
    No opinion on the above situation just my observances of what i see going on around me.