1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OVERworking...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by mrk, Jan 9, 2012.

1. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Hell i didn't even really read the very last part about disposing of the dog to be honest but yea im going to stick with what i said for now HAHAHA

2. Look I don't think the problem is with asking the question, the problem is the "disposing" of the dog shit. I mean come the fuck on. You act like a fucking retard, you get treated like a fucking retard. That's the way I see it, and always will. Oh and yeah...^^^^^^^^^THAT'S RETARDED!

3. mrk

mrk Pup

I just want to take the time thank everyone for their feedback...whether it was positive or negative! ...eventhough I felt some of u "Dogmen" should of answered/carried yourselves more professionally. But hey, at the end of MY day...I've learned from my mistakes & also learned somethin new. Peace & Love

4. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I agree with this ... These dog's are very resilient and can bounce back easily from just about anything. Was this the very first time you ever had her on the Mill? What speed's was she running on? Did you start her off slow and gradually work her up? And how old is she? In any event NGK gave some good advice on recovery and how to introduce her back to the mill keep it positive and encouraging. But always pay attention to your dog when you are working them.

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Professionally??? Lol, its not anyones job or obligation to help you. I would just take advice however u can get it. And out of curiosity how old is the dog? U never said...

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

That's what I asked him as well I am wondering if this is a young dog maybe I am wrong but I get the feeling this dog probably has never been exposed to the mill and her first time was not a very pleasant one based on the handlers lack of experience with working dogs. I would be curious as well to know how old the dog.

7. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I honestly am disinterested in anything about the ops dog. Anyone who considered disposing of a dog because it won't run an emill is just dense.

8. AGame

AGame CH Dog

well if he would have studied up on how to do it the right way this never would have happened as i said an E-Mill is the most dangerous type you can overwork one fast if you don't know what your doing but the disposing part come on idk what is up with that i reckon he figures he has to use a mill to work his dog because good ole fashioned hand walking isn't good enough or he is to damn lazy one

9. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I agree agame. This guy is just going about everything the completely wrong way. I have had dogs who won't run an emill at ALL. I have a few who when first starting they will run for a few minutes then look around like "oh shit" and just stop running altogether like the saw a ghost. It takes work and dedication. And you can't just throw them on for an hour the first day. Plus some like I said will never run an emill.

This guy needs to get a clue. Learn to use the emill properly before putting the dog on it, or condition using something he understands better. No one can mess up hand walking.

10. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Hell i had a dog that would not run on any mill not even a carpet mill or a slat mill he hates them so it is a lot of hand walking and i would tie him to the back of the quad and run him all over the farm hell it worked for him and boy did he ever have some wind poor fella was chasing the tractor one day while i was bush hogging the pasture and a rabbit run out in front of me and he chased after it and i ran over him i tell ya what that was a sad sad day i felt like shit for a week

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i don't know any an "experienced" person that would even answer this dumbass question with a straight face? disposal probably would do the dog a favor because this fella sure ain't.

12. mrk

mrk Pup

First of all, fuck all u Lames! What??..U punks think yall experts because this forum gives yall alil "title" under ur name?? Ha ha ha! Fuckin losers! My question was ANSWERED and APPRECIATED well before yall brought ur negativity! And as for bein willing to dispose/get rid of a dog that I THOUGHT was ruined..is My business punks! Where I'm from, if u don't WORK..u don't EAT! It's funny, I ask a simple question about OVERworkin..and get over 500 views! Evidently, there's others who were wondering the same shit. And there's even more people viewing simple shit like "feed" & "collar" threads..and I get talked about?? Ha ha ha! I'm called an idiot for seeking information.. smh.
    Ima just leave u guys to continue to talk urselves. Ha ha ha!
    Oh and P.S. Gone and report me! I dnt give a shit. Ha ha ha!

13. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

Flush the turd!

14. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Your a damn moron you calling us lames we aren't the ones who needs to learn how to work a fucking dog and just because you overworked it on a damn mill you think you would have to cull it?? that's the funniest shit ever and wherever your from you need to find someone who does know how to work a dog and give the hound to them because you deffinately do not need it and hell we do not have to report your dumb ass if you think they aren't watching everything types on this website anyway your trippin they know everything said and we will talk to each other about how fucking stupid you are until your disrespectful ass is banned you do not earn respect by disrespecting people back you be the bigger man and explain yourself instead of throwing a lil temper tantrum like a lil 8 year old girl which you very well may be

15. mrk

mrk Pup

Ha ha ha! Yea yea yea... U guys are so funny! Yall wanna demand respect..but'll jump on everyone's thread just to criticize em..like yall are experts. Ha ha ha! "Flush the turd"...good one!

16. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Hey wait now! Not everyone was rude to you some of us "DID" try and help you bro and some even defended you. Listen 99.9% of the time these dogs fail not because of the dog but because of their handler. If the dog is not running on the mill and was before than you have to start looking at yourself not the dog. Culling a dog because it quit running on the mill is not going to solve the problem if the problem is you. I asked you some good questions about the dog you were working that would give others a chance to help you and take you a little more seriously you never answered them. Either you want help or you don't. But know that the dog is not going to do any better for you if you don't do better by her first!

17. mrk

mrk Pup

Now..did I or didn't I not thank everyone for their comments, whether positive or negative?? U say "some of us DID try to help u bro".. this is true, so what makes u think I'm referring to yall?? I'm talkin about the people leaving the NEGATIVE comments. The same people u see in EVERY thread..spreading their NEGATIVE 2cents. True enough, my reasons behind culling a dog may not be the best..& yea, I should of gotten more knowledge on the e-mill before tryin it. But ain't nobody finna talk to Me like I'm an idiot!

18. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

was about to say i feel you on the negative comments but then i saw the post about culling. lmao

19. NGK

NGK Top Dog

So many different people with so many different ideas, the newbies are going to believe almost everything they hear nowadays and most of the information they gather is bad advise. People talk about culling dogs that quit, some might think quiting any work related activity constitutes quiting and so based on their ill gotten information think they are doing the right thing...

Years ago the media blew up about Pit Bulls and they made up all kinds of grotesque stories about feeding dogs gunpowder to make them crazy, rubbing hot sauce in their eyes to make them mean, feeding them puppies and kittens etc... because of the medias "suggestions" that these things made dogs tougher or meaner some new owners of the breed did exactly what they had read thinking it was the right thing to do to acheive their goals of making their dogs fight. Many of us who know the breed knew better than to follow this advise as we saw it as obsurd but not all did. Do you blame the fool who made this shit up or the fool that followed said advise, or both?

I think those of you who read this and know the moral will get it right away yet others will ask themselves "what the fuck is this guy rambling about", honest information will always help the newcomers learn better than negative bullshit.

NGK

20. mrk

mrk Pup

Thanks again NGK for the guidance and positive information.