1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Over/underrated Producers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Oh ok. Imo Cochran bred some good dogs. I will leave it at that.

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Well, I think Shorty Cowboy is a good candidate for the wall. And yes, hype, numbers of times bred, advertised hoopla does play into it, especially on the minds of the young who don't know the ins and outs and all the makings of real quality. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I see no reason for ROM, POR and all of the bullshit initials. they entice some yet mean nothing to me, partly for the reasons you gave above, and partly because it increases the size of the platform for fraud. I know of dogs I've been very fond of that would have those initials behind their name if someone would have given those tags any credence. Therein may be part of the beauty of this thread.

Dogs produce the entire gamut of quality from poor to outstanding. Some are better than others. If a dog produces well, he should get his or her due acclaim for it. No initials are necessary. This thread has shown dogs and owners who in their day had no silly tags or initials after their dogs' names. A dog was just the kind of producer it proved to be. That's how it should be. That's one thing I really like about the thread.

3. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Both of them. Lol

4. Polar Ice

Polar Ice Pup

Righthand Man, he's behind some very good dogs and part of some successful bloodlines. It would have been hard to shine on a yard that at the same time had Deacon ROM, Rocky ROM and Ch. Reno. In spite of that RHM got bred to some decent bitches and did leave his mark.

5. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Very underrated dog Polar. I was wondering when some Boyles dogs would show up.

I don't know how I left out Jacksons Wolfman. Handful of breedings and at least 2 great dogs.

6. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Great point TD

7. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

8. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

9. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Saint, thanks for telling us of a dog or dogs that few have heard about. That's the true meaning of unsung. It's Bru's thread so it's up to him which dogs go on the wall. LOL Such a wall will surely end up gargantuan. Obscurity and quality are not always commensurate.

10. BOTP Kennels

BOTP Kennels Big Dog

Bru told us all to make a wall tho lol

11. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Har Har Very funny!lol
    If it was "my" thread TD I would deduct u points for using words like gargantuan and commensurate. And spelling them right. We are supposed to be uneducated low lives or did you not get the message. A pitbull is a poor mans poodle!

12. IMO, Colbys Dime is very underated. Along with alot of pure colby bulldogs that were not giving the credit due to paper hanging by many Great Breeders in the past and a few in the present as well. JMO.

13. Mashamplan

Mashamplan Big Dog

BUFFALO BILL'S LEE LEE
    She is virtually unknown outside our country and even in our country she isnt well known and yet she put out good pitdogs in the few litters she dropped. Her litterbro was a good one as well, Ch T-U, and her sire was the fabulous GrCh PW. She is basically a Yellow/Saloon/Stomponato dog.

14. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Deacon overrated? You got no clue...

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

funny dog world,,some do better than others with different lines/fam's..producers.one gets great dogs,,other ends up with crap....

16. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

lol That took a lot longer to get disputed than I thought it would. IMO He was a good producer with the ped to back it up. He was a popular dog from a popular kennel/owner and was bred a lot. I think other redboy studs could of produced the same when bred that much and I think he did not produce near as well as his sire or grandsire. I also give a lot of credit to Assasinator. Not knocking him I just don't think he was a "super" redboy stud to quote his owner. Just a solid producer of gamedogs from a long list of the same. I guess I give more credit to the redboy family than to Deacon, wrong or right. And by the way if I didn't look forward to a good discussion I wouldn't be on a forum discussing things. So lets try to keep it about the dogs and not get personal like some of the other hens on this site. Ur not the only one who has "been there" so yes I do have a clue no matter what my opinion is. Cheers

17. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Assassin and Assassin II. Maloney's Toot. Steinberg's Diamond, PP's Sable, Grider's Chatter, Rorex' Black Lady. Just a few more I think are candidates for the wall. Known yet a little unsung.

18. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Please look at Deacons offspring and what they accomplished and what they in turn produced and make the case he was overrated.
    Name a few stud dogs of the 90's that matched his record. The fact he was bred alot shows that the dogmen who bred their bitches to him knew what they were doing, it wasn't like it was a fluke.

19. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Pitman, don't go throwing one of my few good ideas around like that. The wall was my idea. Just has to be approved by Bru because it's his thread. HAHAHA

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I've never fed a dog off Deacon but I have seen more than a few, and know of more than a few. I'd be damned hard pressed to consider him overrated one bit. I'd have to very much agree with the disagreement to that one, Bru.