1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by MR PITS, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Re: Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

Ok thanks for clearing that up!

2. GaDog

GaDog Big Dog

Diesel, as far as Rap goes I could give two cents. MY comments are aimed directly at the videos in the past and I can not name the artist or the song titles, that have shown the breed to be a "thug" dog. It is irresponsible for a role models to also not think of the results that useing an animal to help sale a CD. They may not be my role model but like it or not they are to some kid out there. If they do not like the responsibility then stay home and do something other than get rich and make others want to be like them. The kennels in question have been slammed by others long before today. Selling animals to rich folks dont make them good dogs, just good marketing. Good marketing dont make for good dogs just high volume sales. The question was what people thought and I said what I thought about their dogs, and their practices. Do I know them personally, hell no but know folks who do and who keep up with their operation. I dont have to know them personally to see what they are selling. I do not have to be a lover of hip hop to see what some young men are doing with there dogs, and hear why they say they have gotten into the breed. It aint a black and white issue it is an issue of responsibility.

3. Crazy Fox

Crazy Fox Pup

And just like every black guy isn't a hip hop thug, and every white guy isn't a country loving hick, not every dog called a pitbull is one either. Might look like one, might be stereotyped into thinking it's one, but definitely NOT.

Many of these "bully" breeders who favor the "large format" dogs HAVE put a little Mastadon, I mean Mastiff ;) or other large Bully breed in there along the way to increase the size, or they have put stout Staffs into their blood to get this big "chesty" squat sort of dog, but they won't admit to this, they will still call it a pure-bred pitbull. Then the non-educated person starts to think that these big lippy heavy ass dogs, or short squatty f'ers are supposed to be what a true game-bred pitbull should look like.

Which is an insult to the game-bred pitbull.

I will say this. Those big lippy heavy ass dogs are NOT game-bred APBT's, nor are these deformed bowlegged looking short squatty ones (except for CERTAIN game-bred pedigree lines that did throw this conformation fault, which serious breeders have been trying to select AGAINST as it affects the athleticism of the dog and its ability to get its job done). So why try to form fit them into the same category? Go create your own registry if you wish a dog that is OUTSIDE the standard for a game-bred pitbull. And if you must call them a pitbull, then so be it, some registries will allow you to believe it's so, but damn sure don't start thinking you've got a game-bred pitbull. Because when a game-bred APBT stops being selected for the criteria by which is has been selected for all the years it has been in existence (and in some cases, these dogs are now being selected to be NON-DOG aggressive), that is when it CEASES to be a game-bred APBT, regardless of what your paperwork says.

So the dogs might be equal, as far as being dogs and someone's right to own one, just like men of all races should be equal...but though they may be EQUAL, they are DEFINITELY NOT THE SAME. And unfair, along the same lines as you stated, to put them all in the same class or category.

Let them all be, to each his own. Just don't try to say that your dog would be as much of a game-bred APBT as mine if you select on a different standard. It simply won't be.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2005
  4. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Crazy Fox- who said that? I have emphatically stated the differences. I dont think that any one could argue these are game dogs. like I said its laughable to even suggest it. Our dogs havent been bred for gameness in generations... decades of selective breeding for other traits have virtually elimated tem from being game. They are hot and extremelty driven.. but not game.

If you reread that last part of my post you will see what i mean. not trying to compete or replace game dogs. they are the best at what they are bred for, no question. but since what they are bred for is no long in practice, we bred for other reasons now. "non-game" pit bulls... they are still pit bulls as well.

5. Re: Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

lol. i like how this kennel refers to their pits as "the rare blue pit." i could list off over 200 kennels that sell blues in Cali alone.

6. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

just because the real APBT is game bred doesnt mean they are specifically bred for fighting.i bet u non of those big ass mutts could do thejob a pit does now a days,like catch a 400 pound boar.

7. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

That kills me. Rare blue... thats an oxymoron in itself.

8. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

surprised they dont call them Cobalt ....

but wait? IS this verified that Outkast actually does own this kennel ??? I mean, if he did, why isnt there links to the music...

Seeing as the kennel was established by 2 differnt people...

9. Re: Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

I will state my 2 cents aswell,it not much but it is point blank, and i dont care what animal rights activist has to say,(peta,alf,etc...) The pit bulls were bred to Fight, thats there only purpose in this corrupted world,and pathetic country we call the land of the "free" There gameness was highly admired, as it SHOULD BE TODAY aswell, Dog fighting was a gentlemans sport,as was cockfighting, neither of the 2 sports harmed anyone or anything. The dogs are animals and the gamecocks are fowl, they should never have the rights a person has, that is just WRONG, when you stop thinking of animals etc as people then your on the right track.(read the Bible) if you dont beleive me. any animal i own is MY PROPERTY, thats right property, i can here the negative comments now, but its true.and if this is the land of the "free" i can do what ever the hell i wont to do with MY property. and no one should be able to take them from me for any reason.(but they do) theres the corruption.
    My point out of all this is that these big bulky hogs with bulldog heads are no more than big oversized CULLS, they should have been done away with when they showed no gameness. there not called PIT bulls for nothing. a non game "pit bull" is wothless, there not called "show bulls" or "Weight pull Bulls" and were never intended for that purpose. you can get mad at me if you wont but this is my opinion.i still have the right to voice my opinion as far as in know, ask me tomorrow and it might be different.
    I would trust a good bred game dog not to bite people more than one of these oversized cull dogs anyday.

B likes this.
  10. BlackSeal

BlackSeal Pup

those poor dogs:(

11. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

thats the way i think of it the dogs were made for fighting its like us we fight all the we want but we dont get any laws,dogs might like fighting if they didnt like fighting they wouldnt do it. they are as smart as we are u can ban my for discussin dog fighting the only reason yall dont do it is because of the law yall talkin about the land of the free and yall dont even do anything about all this,if people were responsible enough to and bred these dogs right there would be zero pitbull bites.

12. B

B CH Dog

Great post! I couldn't agree more. Had to give you some rep points on that one...

B

13. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

even if i liked the oversized type dog, i wouldn't like those dogs. they're just flat out ugly too me...

14. Re: Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

Thanks BnD,

Thats my Opinion, as well as alot of others. They just dont voice it or are scared they will be looked apon badly for it, but i was raised to speak my mind and speak my mind i will. I could care less what anyone thinks of me, only god can judge me. after all the Bible does say man has dominion OVER animals, no were have i read animals are equal to man. But so much for that one lol

15. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

16. lytegray

lytegray Pup

Fair enough.

17. lytegray

lytegray Pup

About as rare as the after effects of ethnic dining!

18. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

havent seen one of those dogs in a few years,might have to buy one.lol

19. Rasp

Rasp Pup

Hey Marty, didn't you put up a "blond" joke the other day? Hair colour - it's a racial trait. No different than the colour of your skin or the shape of your nose. Could be interpreted as a slur against white people. To be honest, I don't know why the subject of race needed to come up on this thread. It was about Outkast, Pit Fall Kennels and their irresponsible breeding practices, that's all. Sometimes it's like tip-toeing on egg shells not to offend somebody's sensibilities.

Defend2daend. I think you have misinterpreted what LonerKennels was saying. It is true that we should not be incorrectly stereotyping dogs. But we must not be ignorant of why and how a breed was developed. In part, a dog's personality can differ as much as it does physically from one breed to another. Our dogs were selected not to show human aggression under the most demanding conditions - a dog that will attack a bull, could make short work of us. On the other hand, a breed like the Doberman does not need gameness. But he does need to be fearless and to able to show aggression towards humans when called on. So whilst a Pit Bull cross can be a great dog - it's just not recommended you do it in the first place.

Rocksteady. http://soundcheck.spin.com/features/magazine/2004/01/bitches_money/ I think it's pretty safe to assume there is a good connection.

20. jawbones

jawbones Top Dog

Well now, "Rare Blue Pits" what a laugh. "Breeders of the Real Pit Bull Terrier."

All these people have done is what they are notorious for doing. They add some color, some bling bling, make it shine, then lie out their A$$, all for the mighty dollar. they have no respect for those who left the legacy, they don't even care, just gimme mo money sucka. That is their real motive. No pride for what the APBT really is. If a people or person don't know where they come from, how will they ever know where they are really going.:)

yeah I know, I'm reading way too deep into it again.:p

Oh yeah, before I get accused of being a racist. "These people" in this post is refering to those who are ruining the history of the breed. BYB's

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2005