1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by MR PITS, Aug 11, 2005.

1. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

Re: Outkast kennels "Pitfall Kennels"

That would be a great change of pace lol.

2. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I AM NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU. In fact I agree. The point that I am making s that it seems like a general observation that any dog that doesnt look like a game bred dog.. is instantly a mixed breed mutt. I disagree with that. Even within a defined breed you are going to get some variations. With pit bulls people are just breeding for those variations selectively. Not neccesarily adding in any outside blood... just selecting breeding paris based on those certain traits. the offpsring would then be much more likely to replicate the traits. Just like You want to have two proven game parents to increase the chance of game offspring. Adding in other blood isnt neccesary and from a breeer standpoint would do nothing but compromise the end result.
    temperments could go either way, you would be rsiking the bite inhibition, drive, determination, you would be bringing in a score of breed illnesses into an otherwise healthy and robust breed of dog.
    Size, mass, colors, build, they are all simply traits that occur naturally, but have been selective bred to be exaggerated. In many cases, there of course exceptions to every rule. If you go to Louisianna and states where they are bi on hog hunting, you will find mixing there, and many times it is accurately names but there are times when its not.

The registries have recently come out against merle dogs. Now is I dont know your guys feelings on this but I made some observations early on about merles. Its kinda funny that they first surfaced in the south and the other breed that is very common in the south is the Cathoula Leopard dog. CLDs, pits, and ABs are routinley cross bred into a breed called the cathoula bulldog. If you have ever seen one they are VERY pittish in appearance. The notion that merle was a naturally occurinf color didnt hold water because even if it was natural it would be RECESSIVE. But its not... it was coming out as a dominant gene. meaning regular colored dogs that were bred to merles were dropping merles. Which genetically is crazy. you would need two copies of the gene from mother and father in order for ther to be a chance of a merle dog being born. That meant that it had to be introduced to the dogs as a dominant gene.
    The thing that made me mad was they just made is a show dog disqualification and that they would register any NEW merle dogs... it did nothing to the mutts that had already been registered.

I am talking about this because Merles were never a thing in most blood lines. There were a precious few in the Razors edge line, but they never caught on. They tried to hype them into a fad color but these 3 lines had the integrity and wisdom to know a mix.

Just like the eddington blood... there are certain clean strains that were before whopper and other lines within eddington that whopper dont appear in that will show up on the occasional outcross. but we are very careful and cautious what blood we work with. Pedigrees are scrutinized thouroughly before any breedings are done.

Its not a wam, bam, pay the man ordeal. these dogs are representations of our programs, our yard, and our visions of the breed... and we take this very seriously.

3. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Dammnit, it doesn't matter what your vision of the breed is. The breed has a set standard and it is clearly against these types of dogs. If the dogs are not bred to this standard it isn't an APBT. It's that simple. Respect the dogs and leave them as they are supposed to be. You are ruining the breed if you are breeding apart from what the APBT stands for. If you can't breed them correctly, call them something else. Accept the truth and cull the crap and put some real dogs on your yard. Take that seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

APBT=gamebred

Staff=not gamebred

its that simple in my mind anyway..

5. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

its like if u sayin that a chihuahua could look like a pit in a course of less than 50 years.

6. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

The breed isnt used for matching and rolling anymore.. why must it be selectively bred to do so? I respect the standard and the aspects of it. But at the same time... it was written with the breeds occupation in mind (especially the ADBA). I am very familiar with the standards for the three main registries (ADBA, UKC, AKC) and The breed cant be what it was or do what it was bred to do, and to breed a dog for a task it can never participate in is crazy to me.
    I think its better to breed for a more robust and heavier framed dog and go do weight pulling, breed for a conformation and structure and go and hit that show ring.
    There are pit bulls competing in flyball... off leash with tons of other dogs running and barking and chasing balls... flyball. Pit bull rescue dogs and all of that... we need the positive press for our breed and these are things that a "water down" pit bulls do.

7. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

No its not, because chihuahuas dont have the size variation that pits do.

There are game bred pits that are over 70lbs and game bred pits that are 30 pounds. thats a huge variance.

8. SFK

SFK Top Dog

You know I really enjoy going to shows & watching a conditioned 35-40# bulldog pull it's heart out, compared to those 90# freaks who move with the grace & intensity of a trained elephant.

9. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

but u r sayin that pitbulls could have been bred to be over 130 pounds in time.

10. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

just because a dog is game bred doesnt mean it was bred to fight.

11. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

if u want big dogs get rid of ur pits nad get some dam mastiffs

12. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

That still doesn't make sense. Yeah dogfighting is illegal so it should not be done. But, ask yourself, do the majority of jack russells still chase animals down anymore? Do the majority of retreivers actually retreive? The truth is that most dogs do not do their intended purpose anymore. Do you see these breeders going out and disrespecting the breed and totally ignoring the standard because they feel it is a good idea? Nope. They love the dogs as they are and they don't feel that it is right to make it into something it isn't. It is not an APBT if it doesn't follow the APBT standard. Keep the standard of an APBT if that is what you are breeding and likewise if you are breeding Amstaffs. And the truth is, most of these mutts don't even fit into the Amstaff standard either. What is so hard to understand?

You claim that these big curs are good for the breed. Why? Because they can weight pull, flyball? Our dogs can do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  13. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

thats right tommy t,u dont have to breed game bred dogs to have a real pit bull that follows the standard

14. B

B CH Dog

Positive press? "Water down" pitbulls are THE negative press. These "water down" dogs that are commonly mistaken for APBT are the problem with the breed today. We need more "water down" pitbulls like we need a hole in our head. What do we need more for? ...to bite people and breed more unwanted crap dogs that end up in shelters? Yah, we need more "water down" pitbulls to end up in pet homes with unsuspecting naive owners with money burning a hold in their pocket and little to none knowledge on owning any animal, let alone a bulldog of any sorts. :rolleyes: They are often improperly contained, under exercised, and overly fed. These "water down" pitbulls with mastiff and other mastiff type bulldogs crossed have introduced guarding tendancies and human aggression which are both UNNATURAL and UNDESIRABLE tendancies for an APBT. What the hell does that do for the breed? Oversized, what does that do for the breed? What in the hell do any of these cur offshoots do for the breed? If the dogs stayed the way the people that originated this breed intended, we wouldn't be in the current situation we are today. In fact, there would probably be less bulldog owners and less "watered" down dogs out there putting a bad name out for the rest of the gamebred dogs that stick to standard and conform to both confirmation and temperment.

My gamebred dogs wouldn't bite a soul but they would unleash the fury on another canine. They are sporting dogs and they should remain such. This isn't a breed for the average owner and they certainly don't need to be "water down" to be the best they can be.

B

tommy3 likes this.
  15. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

$$$$$$$ is what i think of

16. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

now i know muhahhaa over grown

17. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

wut do u mean $$$$$$$ do u sell pups to make a quick buck???

18. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

Ok, this is to everyone. All I asked was what do you think of the dogs. Well it looks as though everyone is biting at each other. Now I am no dog expert but everyone has there right to a certain size, color or whatever you want. Not "if u want big dogs get rid of ur pits nad get some dam mastiffs." Why would anyone git rid of their dog that they love so much. I really don't think it is that serious, honestly. I also think that when the pitbulls come in different sizes, shapes, and colors it makes it more interesting, instead all just wanting to see the same size and color. Remember I am no Pitbull expert and I am not trying to argue with no one this is just what I see. SO EVERYONE CHILL OUT!!

<!-- / message -->

19. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

do u think a pitbull should be 150 pounds

20. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

A pitbull can be whatever the hell it wants to be. If someone has a 150 pound pitbull (and that would be a first for me) then no one has the right to tell that person that that is not a pure bred because its out of standards. If they bought the dog as a pit with papers and all then just let it be a Pit. Remember No argument!!