1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

outcast pit bulls?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Flavor4real, Apr 23, 2004.

1. what's up,..

just wanted to see what y'all opinion to the outcast pit bulls are? ....
    other question: my cusion breed two dogs they are step bros and step sis.... they have the same fahter.... any problems with that tight breeding??

2. KnOck

KnOck Big Dog

1st there is nothing wrong with breeding half brother to sister. Alot of game dogs are bred this way. 2nd are you talking about OutKast the rap group? If so, they got some good lookin dogs if your into blue dogs. IMO they are well over priced and not gamebred...and game bred is what I'm into ;)

3. MMK

MMK Guest

knock i like the way u think, u beat me to the punch about the blue staffs (no such thing as a blue pit)
    MMK

4. ... yes, i was talking about the outcast pit bulls (rapgroup) ... I've seen those dogs and they looking pretty good, if i go to another breeder webseit then everybody there is getting mad about the outcast pits. .... they say they not reated the right way...

I heard if u croiss brother and sister, that u will get wild pits. is that true? they say that those breed are biting everybody and are un conrollable.

I'm new with this, so if i catch the wrong words i still hope that y'all see what im saying. I got my first pit, A blue brindle and he's already 15 month old and is strong as hell and big for his age.

I heard about weight pulling, how can i train him on that? what do i need? I mean i walk him since he was 4 month, 1.7-3 miles, 2-5 times a week and he got strong muscle. he pull the shit out of me, without gloves,...no chance.. lol

5. MMK

MMK Guest

this needs moved to the amstaff forum, as there is no such thing as a blue pit, only blue staffs. it is quite possible that they are more human aggresive than gamebred pitbulls are for the simple fact that they are bred to just look good and they dont care about man biters and just keep them to make money off them.

brother sister breedings does not produce wild dogs (most likely) but it would be more of a brood stock breeding. but inbred does not mean man biters in fact some of the best dogs are inbred (father faughter or grandfather and grand daughter usually)

about wieght pulling i think this would be better in the staff forum for similair reasons or better yet ask about the wieght pulling in the conditioning forum.

better yet i think i might be able to help give you guidence if you message me in the chat room in real time

MMK

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2004
  6. yeah, ...i know that here is no such thing as blue bloodline or so.. they told me blue is the name for the coat.

My dogs mother side has a few differend bloodlins, something with wallace,wachun, or so i don't know,...

Socan i say if someone breed borther and sister, that they aclt wanted to keep the bloodline ? or how will u say it?

and something else about the bloodlines, how many diff. bloodlines are actl. out there and what bloodline means what? like bloodlineone crossed with bloodline one = aggressive dogs ?? or is this complet wrong what i ask?

what does gamebreed actl. mean?

7. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Blue is just the color of the coat correct, blue is actually a dilute of the black color gene, it is definately NOT something to breed for unless you are just interested in making a buck. Its mostly found in UKC type show dogs. It is NOT common in a PURE gamebred dog, but I have heard that some of the Boudreaux' dogs will occassionally throw a blue, not sure how true that is tho.

Yes, many folks inbred to preserve a line. When you dog has all the traits you want, you can inbred to lock in those traits. Inbreeding will intensify the GOOD traits but it will also intensify the BAD traits bringing the bad crap to the front as well. As mentioned before, inbred dogs usually are for brood type stock, but then again brood stock should face a tougher test than your other stock as thats the stock you build your line with.

There are MANY bloodlines out there, too many to count. You cross a bloodline into another bloodline if you feel the blood you are running is missing something, so you cross into a bloodline that normally carries the trait you are lacking. Bloodline to Bloodline won't make "aggressive dogs", a bulldog tends to be dog aggressive by nature, and if you are thinking human aggressive, a human aggressive dog needs to be culled and culled quick before a newspaper article gets written about him.

Gamebred...the willingness to continue no matter how tired, sore, hurt you are...this is the one trait that seperates THIS breed from any other breed that we know about. There is a good article on gameness here on this forum, take a look for it, its a good read.
    Hope this helped somewhat...
    BB

8. gator

gator Big Dog

Breeding half brother to half sister may or may not do you any good. Line breeding is the only way to preserve the best of your line of dogs, and it has been done for years in all breeds. I don`t like brother and sister breedings and won`t make them because chances are things wont work out the way you want just my opinion. I as most people do go father back to daughter or son back to mother. This does 2 things it magnifies the good traits of the dog which is what you are looking for but it also does the samething to the bad traits so you have to be very selective in your choices to accomplish your goals and of course this won`t happen over night. Line breeding is the best way to go to establish and maintain a good bloodline and of course this is just my opinion.

9. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

Same way I feel !!!!

10. MMK

MMK Guest

i think the easiest way of explaining gameness to people new to the breed is to have them watch a rocky movie and point out how he is getting beaten horribly and is tired and out of breat but wont stop till he wins. that is how i explained it to flavor4real in the chat.
    MMK

11. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the blue pits...
    Yes staff's are bred for the color all the time and they look real nice, if that's what your into and there are some Game bred blues as well...There has been Blue Colby dogs..There has even been a blue pit Ch, CH. BLUE...Some Heinzl x Colby cross's came out Blue also...I also know some breeders out in Texas That bred a Pure Bolio bitch back to her Son (Bolio x Jeep cross) and they got 2 Blue dogs in the litter....To say there are no blue pitbull dogs is just not true.....YIS

12. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

You are correct, it can happen...but its not the norm. Normally, blues = staffs, but then again, there are exceptions to every rule...
    BB

13. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

LOLOLOLOLOL

14. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

My black Jeep/Rascal X Boudreaux threw a blue pup the last litter he sired , and his brother also threw one in a litter about a month ago.

15. I agree about the in breeding. that is how you get rid of some traits and emphasize others.

16. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I've got a female off of a blue dam thats deep game ..infact, she wasnt the only out of the litter that turned out good. Her brother has been siring some bad ass dogs ..I crack up because not once has anyone ever said they are am staffs when the see them in action.. nor would anyone ever suspect they have and "blue" in them unless they see the pedigree

Its all on what you're breeding for. there were blue dogs way before the Am staff was ever invented..now they may not have been as game as some like..especially with the Blue Poll dogs as I've often heard that the brindles were better than the blues (the scottish dog that was a founder of the modern APBT) so maybe that plays a roll

but to say a dog with blue in its ped is crap, well, everyone's got their opinions. Base the dog on its abilties (hell..little thirty five could have been from blues and no one would ever have known,,)

Blue bully had a good top line on his sires side. I hear not only was he good looking, he had some spunk to him..(but thats only what I hear.. i dont know for sure)

17. you will find that the true pit bull had no blue in it. it is a known fact. when you see blues, that usually comes from a cross of an outside breed such as the great dane.

18. Ask someone who is a "member of the corp" you will find they agree with me.

19. there is no such thing as a step brother and step sister. that would have to be half sister or brother.

20. B-I-Z

B-I-Z Big Dog

uhm.....are those your dogs? I've seen a couple of them on a breeders webpage before......