1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ott's CH Bullet

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by BigTazz26, Apr 7, 2015.

1. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Well at one point the Ruffian dogs were diff than they are today..... I don't doubt that there are or could be some good stuff off that still around

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

3. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

That's a good point Cajun. I was just curious...... this is the well spring of APBT knowledge so I figured I would ask. I just thought that the Ruffian Blood was more so the Am-Staff or Am-Bully type dog ? I would could only assume they would be lacking the true APBT characteristics.

4. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Okay,Rowdy was bought with the intention of being a weight pull dog. The guy that had him had a Frisco bred prospect that got off his chain and got into Rowdy's spot and got killed by him. Well, Rowdy had to pay, so he asked his Father in Law to drop Rowdy in the square and then he could go home because he would be stopped in short order by a real rough one that he had. His Father in Law agrees and shaked his head as he walked back to the house. The rough hard mouth barnstormer couldn't get ahead and was getting wrecked. Rowdy ends up breaking him down and is picked up if memory serves me correctly. Now, O thinks he has a serious match dog and goes looking to stop anything willing to get in the square with him. He made a name for himself at a dog show and I'll just leave it at that. Anyways, he campaigns the dog and wins with him fairly easily three times. He hears about a dog by the name of Ch Wrangler that is making a name for himself on the East Coast and contacts his owners to try and set up their next race. Wrangler's camp tells O that they can have Wrangler as long as he can bring 10K for the bet. O didn't have that kind of money and said that he would go for 5k and that when he wins he didn't want the purse. Wrangler's camp said no way, but we will go into you with a different dog and if you can beat him you can have your shot at Wrangler. That's all O needed to hear and it was set. He shows up in Wrangler's back yard and breaks their front legs and their prospect takes the count. Now he is ready to take on Wrangler, only his camp backed out and doesn't want any part of Rowdy. So Rowdy was now a 4xw and word had gotten around and he gets a call from a local fellow that had one that he thought could lick Rowdy. O was tipsy and told him that if he thought so to come on over and show him. That is where the otc win comes from. Someone killed Rowdy and some other dogs on O's yard by throwing them over a fence while they were on their chains and they hanged. He was a heck of a good dog that deserved more than he got.

5. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

That was for memory, and has been 9 or 10 years since Rowdy was hunting.

6. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Talk about the ones ya don't like turning out to be your best.....there's some irony for ya.

7. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Indeed Mudville!!

8. BigTazz26

BigTazz26 Big Dog

Are guys still running Ruffian Blood in the fast lane ? Examples ? I figured they would not be able to keep up with a real [] dog. Thanks for the insight Judge.

9. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Thanks judge, I enjoyed that read.

10. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

You're welcome Saint, and BigTazz, hell no nobody with any common sense uses that line in the fast lane. Rowdy was a diamond in the rough and a once in a lifetime type of dog. Dogs like him aren't a characteristic of that line of dog.

11. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Thanks for sharing judge

12. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

Interesting story.

Sad though that it's always the dogs that pay.

This isn't the first time I've heard of a Ruffian dog (and remember, the entire Am Staf breed is pretty much Ruffian crosses!) doing well. No way to predict it...how surprised might we be if they started getting looked at regularly?

13. Rowdy Boy

Rowdy Boy Pup

purchase the back issue of the pitbull reporter that has that curr bred mother fucker on the cover.the whole story is in there. when we first bought that dog we got him as a started weight pull dog. after a yard accadent occurred and he almost killed my 7xw i decided to get him hooked! he went into a devistating chezt dogthat broke his sternum in the first mins of the show. he killed that chest dog in under 30 WITH A BROKEN STERNUM!

14. Rowdy Boy

Rowdy Boy Pup

2&3 and 4 were equally as impressive and i dont mind saying it...CH Rowdy is the BEST dog i ever saw go. he is the only hound that i say could never have been beat! his 5th was otc into a "catch weight" rowdy was 52 lbs. the catch weight was 120 lbs.rowdy made him quit in 36. that was the otc. i should have never done the otc deal as it wasnt fair to rowdy and i think jellousy got rowdy hung. go to youtube and look up ch rowdy tribute.

15. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You ever breed him?

16. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Rowdy's sire also produced dogs with great confirmation, such as GR CH II LIL Boys Tyson. I have some of this blood crossed.No complaints here. Good ones are where you find them.. Great info and glad to get the real story -

pm sent Rowdy