1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Other breeds you enjoy?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hardhead, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

ive just been looking over the post's, seeing some pix and reading not alot of what these other dogs can do ?

my apbt can hunt, retrieve downed pray, pull down pray, kill prey, they can and are willing to dig under ground for pray, they can swim on surface or under water, they can climb tree's, they can run as fast as any greyhound cross and for a longer period of time, they will do anything i ask of them even if it kill's them trying, they will protect me if called upon and will always be a loyal friend, lol...why would i bother to even look at another breed.

if there was one dog inparticular that i might show some interest in, that would be a Colby Bandog.

[​IMG]

Colby Bred Bandog Brittania B, UCD, SchH 1, HC, WDS

Britt, is the winner of the highest title in weight pulling offered by the international weight pull association, the "working dog superior" or WDS. @ 51lbs she pulled 2,175 lbs for most lbs pulled per body weight at an IWPA-sanctioned pull. She also earned the HG, or "Herding Certification," which means she showed aptitude for stock work. The "B" is a German obedience title offered by the United Kennel Club, and Schutzhund (SchH) 1 title includes following a human scent and indicating dropped articles such as wallets, complex off leash obedience done in the presence of another dog and police K-9 type bitework, where the dog must find and guard a "bad guy," stop him from escaping, and charge him from 50 yards away during the "courage test," biting and holding the bad guy until the owner arrives. she scored 97 out of 100 points for her "protection work," outscouring the other breeds. She remains, however, first and formost a loving pet who adores children.:D:D:D

2. masta of game

masta of game Banned

patterdale and a jagd terrier

gamecock, just want to own one... dont know much bout the history of gamecock though. yes i know it says breeds

3. Yes, when I found the pic, I thought I've got to post that one. I love Dogo Canario, a friend of mine has got one : perfect pet dog with kids and family members and their friends but gets nut to strangers and other animals no matter the size!!! This breed too is not to be handled by evry one, could turn into a weapon of mass destruction!

4. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

It's legal to hunt deer where I live. Thanks for the info!

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

umm, thats not a bandog (except in name) that is a colby APBT. she belonged to dianne jessup and she adds the titles boldog or bandog to her dogs. again-that is an APBT not a bandog

6. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

VALK: Those grey/apbt crosses are something else......What is the weight on some of those you posted? Do you own some of them? I bet that thing can all some serious ass!

7. koening

koening Top Dog

Beside the APBT , i'm a fan of American Bulldogs , especially the standard type , Presa Canarios , Staffybull and some sheepdogs from my country , Shepperd dogs from Bucovina .

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

My dream competition dawg - Red and HOT..........

But APBTs will always rule in my heart!

Attached Files:

9. Nova

Nova Banned

This is my other breed that I deal with. My Girl Honey Bee

[​IMG]

10. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Fighting? Yes. Hunting? No, last time I checked. There's a whole thread full of boar hunt video links lurking around here somewhere

11. Robert223

Robert223 Pup

Your post makes me search for boar action threads now!:D

12. They range from 35-75 pounds I think, depending on whether they take more after the greyhound or the APBT. I don't own any myself, but I've met a few, and boy can they run!!! They run nearly as fast as greyhounds but with more stamina, and they're stronger and tougher all around.

13. smokey024

smokey024 Big Dog

I have always liked German Short Hair pointers. I used to work for a guy who had a working Weimaraner that was a great dog and I wouldnt mind having one like it and the a Vizsla is another breed I also like.

14. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

love those gundogs too bro specially the gsp

15. The only ones I could find were on boardogs.com, and I don't know how to post links. They're in the video galleries section. :D

16. Alot of these Bull x Lurchers are your averagge Fat pet staffy bred to a Greyhound..

But you do get the Game Bred Pits etc bred to one. Your best off with atleast a second generation cross tbh.

Butch

17. I like the ones from game bred dogs myself, for obvious reasons. :D

18. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Chihuahua:D

Viszla
    Husky
    jack russell terrier

19. hoovereport77

hoovereport77 Big Dog

we have a husky bro and i guess its more of a cat than a dog and i guess they're not that smart lol. despite that though the kids love her :)

20. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

my other fav breeds are catahoula, beagle, and bloodhound, haven't owned a bloodhound yet, but the best nose of any breed, smart, and nice looking, i want one so bad..... would like to try to breed a bloodhound with a greyhound to see what kindof hunting dogs they turn out to be, would be some hellish deer, coon, or hogdogs...