1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

opinions welcome

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by feastodg, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the one that got away

2. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Personally, I would look at the dogs before picking the girl up. You can always have the dog shipped at a later date. Or if she's willing to take you as you are along with the dogs, try to include her and see if she wants to and go look at the dogs on the way back if they are worth seeing again.

No matter how great a person is, these dogs are my passion and my life so if they can't handle that, they aren't the person for me. That being said, I can't tell you how mand times we have fought over who gets to pick out the next dog so I guess I just got lucky LMAO.

Good luck with both prospects!

3. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

:) thats a good one lmfao

4. bigboy69

bigboy69 Pup

You answered your own question in your opening post. You will put the dogs in front of her again. I wouldn't waste the trip. Well, maybe to see dogs.

5. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Seriously man, if you have to ask.........

6. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

Well here is another woman's opinion, since I can't speak on her behalf entirely since I can't claim as to how she felt about the 7 years you guys had endured with one another or what had exactly grew the both of you apart which, I can assume in this case the dogs may be the only major cause I would feel more then something if I knew of an ex who would travel across country just to work things out with me. If the dogs were the only cause that lead for you or her to find your way out, then of course it makes for no right judgment to engage with something that only brought negativity to the table. I am sure the same goes to speak if she were to commit with the same situation towards you. With something as serious as your situation you really should take the exact right course otherwise you and I know you will end up finding yourself at another dead end once again or lost. Obviously matters like these takes time but once you're ready to prove something from your gut you shouldn't be considering anything and I mean anything to weight the odds down in your favor if you're really as serious to retrieve someone as special as she may be to you.

If the only reason is the dogs here that she cannot bare to be with you if you ever decided to prove to her that she is the only one for you, you had your decision to make during this time that she had left. If you are not contradicting yourself and you see even the slightest chance of her accepting the dogs back into you and her's relationship then take matters slowly with that process but for the beginning of this chapter you need to face the first final conclusions of whether or not you two can return into a relationship with one another. Then unfolding can begin but for the most part of my opinion here....you should take things slowly in order to achieve your results yes you are doing more then a bight thing for her to travel all this way for her but if the dogs need to be a role in that still, then maybe it's not time for you yet but you cannot expect more then one result from the beginning it's nearly the same theory as working with a dog correct? you can't push them to much otherwise you'll ruin the dog from the get go but within time if taken in the right actions they'll build to be what you expect them to be well, she may need to build with you rather then take things in a hard matter from the start. Good luck hopefully I was was able to provide you with even a hint of a thought to consider here you seem like a strong willed man to do this for her but you need to breath and make sure your acting upon what's best for yourself as well.

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Yeah,,if you have to ask what is the right thing to do, then you shouldnt get back with this girl. Forget the girl and go see some dogs.

8. Alma

Alma Big Dog

I've never been one to go backward.. It ended for a reason.. seems that that reason is still there.

Good luck in your decision. :cool:

9. I'm never been a big fan of going back to where I've been before. Also, you said that she was recently engaged as well. I would never go anywhere near her again. Just a thought.

As far as having a mate and being with the dogs. It takes a special type of woman to be able to be second fiddle to the dogs. They are out there but really hard to find.

10. popper

popper CH Dog

i agree , thats why i thinki have been single for a good while..... and if i do like a girl , they seem to shun the dogs so then i become not as into the girl as i once was

11. I had a girl years ago that loved the dogs. She had other issues of course but the dogs were always well taken care of. As they say, hindsight is always 20/20.

12. boogieman

boogieman Big Dog

man leave dem damn dogs alone lol

13. popper

popper CH Dog

i wouldnt say they so much shun the dogs as they really tend to cramp my style and that tunrs me off.... i enjoy my space and freetime with my dogs

14. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

i say have ur cake and eat it to!GET BOTH!:D

15. Yeah, I would hold off on the dog thing for a little bit then. If she left last time because of issues with the dogs you will really be taking a gamble on if she will even come home with you or not if you go down and pick up dogs at the same time. She will feel pretty used, I promise you that - even if you are just a resourceful person. Also, if she heard that you said you see the trip as a wasted opportunity if you don't get a dog - she might be pretty damn upset.

Good luck to you, I hope it works out.

16. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

Go be with your woman and send me the dogs:D