1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions Please

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by crossfire, Jun 30, 2004.

1. crossfire

crossfire Big Dog

This breeding was done for personal stock not will be for sale. I was just looking to get some opinions on the breeding. I personaly feel that this should work very well. With both parents being good proven dogs and inbred I think they have a better chance of passing on the traits that made them to their offspring. Guess we will know in due time but i really feel that there should be some nice animals produced from this breeding.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=120760

2. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Long as the parents are bulldogs I don't see why it won't work, good luck with those. As far as the Skull stuff, I hear they occassionally throw some blue dogs...makes ya wonder what might be in there somewhere lol
    BB

3. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm....I don't think you want mine...Good luck with the pups tho....

4. Onac

Onac Pup

bulldogs are where you find them. bulldogs that produce bulldogs is where you want to find yourself. good luck with those pups, for what it is worth i hope you have a high percentage litter.

Onac

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2004
  5. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Ohhhhhhh isn't that sweet, you mentioned me. Good to see you are still thinking of me, for I don't waste my time thinking of you :D
    BB

6. who

who Top Dog

DEAR READERi would like to offer my opinion.....after you test and CULL the litter get your best male out of the litter than breed him back to his MAMA Miss Shag Well....that right there will limit the GENE POOL...that way you have aLOt better %.....than you would from just inbreeding brother/sister breeding....
    Thanks
    Krispun Y

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  7. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

Anything is possible. I hope it works for you.

8. This is disgusting. Breeding a mother and son is a genetic nightmare come true. So, are you going to personally euth the pups with congenital deformities?? Or will you leave that to the local shelter staff, who usually perform this service for free (if you don't count the tears)?

Any college library with genetics literature will support this assertion. It is stupid to breed mother and son. So, you get one good pup, a couple of still borns and a few highly questionable genetic whack jobs...why? Just because you can.

If every person who ever allowed a litter had to take responsibility for EVERY animal that litter produced, we'd have no overpopulation problem and I'd be out of a job.

Eutopia.

BarbH

9. CRG

CRG Top Dog

why is it a genetic nightmare? it is done often and with plenty of other breeds beside this one.if you continuosly inbreed you eventually will have problems usally smaller dogs that are shy.but breeding a mother to a son imo is not a big deal as long as the breeder knows what he is doing.

10. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

“Breeding a mother and son is a genetic nightmare come true.”
    Says who? Obviously you understand canine genetics as much as you do this bred.<O:p</O:p

“ Any college library with genetics literature will support this assertion.”
    Could you show some facts that would back up your ignorant statements? I would be interested in see them ‘genetics literature’ you have been reading.<O:p</O:p

“It is stupid to breed mother and son.”
    Why? So when did controlling your genetic variables become ‘stupid’?<O:p</O:p

“So, you get one good pup, a couple of still borns and a few highly questionable genetic whack jobs...why?”
    You truly are clueless and not very knowledgeable about this breed much less canines are you? I hope for your dogs sakes, you at least know about nutrition (I doubt it though). Have you ever seen that first hand, by only breeding a mother to her son? Also where in the pedigree did it show him breeding a mother to her son?<O:p</O:p

“Just because you can.”
    Maybe if you were not so ignorant on the subject of canine genetics you would know the answer? Why would you speak and/or be disgusted over something you have absolutely no (zero, nada, zilch) knowledge of?

11. 1dogman

1dogman Pup

well said TEXSAS BULLDOGS !!!! A mother to son breeding will basically double up on the good genetics and the bad genetics of the dogs. The human and dog genetic codes are not the same. So, if you have two specimens that appear to have everything you want in a dog (WHich is why people line breed to begin with) and dont appear to have any serious defects than that can be a masterful breeding that would capture all of the good traits in those dogs or line. The MOST succesful breeders will tell you that and there has been extensive research done to prove it. Now dont sleep with your sister i by that.

12. wayne1967

wayne1967 Pup

Lady, you think wolves take a roadtrip when they go in heat looking and checking the family tree before they get it on? Thats nature in dogs. If theres a default in any way nature would cull them out too.

13. AC

AC Big Dog

14. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

I Think If The Mom And Son Are The Gamest 2 On The Yard Breed Them Nice Dog Ac.