1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this pedigree

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by briarpatch, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

i mean, if you dont mind the camelot stuff then yes the pedigree does make sense, but IMO...honestly who the hell in their right mind would have taken a nicely bred dog like Thebeau's Red Hot Starburst or Red Ninja Turtle to that Kojack dog, seriously look at that sumamabitch lol :eek:

2. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

you have alot of good dogs in that pedigree but i would not line breed that camelot stuff too much. i think the pedigree is well put together and you obviously know what your looking for in this breeding and as long as you present them the right way its all good.

what you have to look at is the bad traits that are also being line bred for example the duke threw out many man biters and to cover it up they used the dogs in protection sports. they are good and loyal dogs that are eager to please but at the same time are genetically too big and run out of wind quickly for hog hunting.
    the hemphill/wilder blood there is very underrated in what it can do now, but those that know will tell you that those dogs are full of drive and determination.
    personally i would cross that female to a tight redboy stud, keep all the pups and cull hard.
    they are your dogs and as long as you have a plan i can say that your doing a better job than most people these days breeding.

3. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

I'll keep the best and cull the ones that dont cut it.

4. cheese

cheese Top Dog

So these camelot dogs are advertised as xxl dogs but its just for marketing:rolleyes: Who cares if the dogs are that big or not? I wouldnt deal with someone that uses size as a selling point. If its a lie thats even more telling of the ethics this guy has just my opinion.

5. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

lucky for you .22 shells are cheap. course with them monsters you may wanna use something bigger. its funny you say you will cull the ones that dont make it, cause they are all not gonna make it. if for some reason some do, you didnt do something right. that ped screams bs garbage!! shush can you hear that? it just did it again.
    i dont care how far in advance you planned this tragic breeding. you need to read a book and do bob barker a favor and have your dogs spayed or neutered.
    j

6. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

LMFAO! ^^^^^^^^^^ That is funny.

7. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

I would like to do something like that with a female off of this. I am breeding away from the "camelot" type. Xl dogs are not my cup of tee. I already have a male off of "Jubilee" and she produces very standard OFRN type dogs , so does the stud.

8. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

As the duke has been dead for many years I am not dealing with the person fusging the facts now am I?

9. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

you know the sad thing is that the people I have met so far with that type of blood are snobs. just like alot on here will overlook a good dog because of a non famous or non game pedigree.

10. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

also the person who bred the duke was not the one who had him at the time he became "famous" for his size. It was the Dbag that got him after Saderas had him that was claimin phony stats.

11. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I am just wondering...
    Why have you decided to breed your dog?

Show? Weight pull? Etc
    Hogdog is not a good reason to breed animals.

12. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

If I am doing this do produce more dogs I can hunt with, why isnt it a good reason?
    The pup I have off her now is going to be shown confo. Which is new to me but he will do good. I have only ever had these dogs to use hunting. However as it is soooo important to so many that they have legitimate titles I am venturing into Show and WP this coming season. I will actually (hope) to be at the NC show on the 31st with my pup. It will be a good experience for him and I .

13. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Just doesn't seem like a good reason to bring more dogs into the world.

How many dogs do you need to hunt with? Dont must people use a single BULLDOG and a group of catahoula dogs? :o

I guess I dont see it as a good reason because even greyhounds can hunt
    [​IMG]

14. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

no not always. we use black mouth currs and pit bulls. if we go on a big hunt we take several dogs, cause we hunt all day and will swap em out , so not to put all the stress on one dog. also like I stated I am aiming to use the ones I keep also for WP and confo. They'll be correct enough to do it.

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

there is no guarantee on that, ever.

16. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

What do you mean by "correct enough?"

17. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

no its good structure is never guaranteed. nothing is ever guaranteed. i could be wrong but the components are there for me to be right.

you dont see it as significant b/c there are other hunting breeds? like the APBT was the only fighting breed. shar peis and akitas were matched back in "the day" . doesnt make the sport any less significant.

18. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

What are you talking about? I never said it wasn't important, I just don't see the point in breeding an APBT for souly hunting. Especially in this day and age because of all the extra pit bulls running around and clouding up the shelters. Also I dont see the point in breeding a useless Camelot dog... big, useless structure that will never win at ADBA/UKC or even be a good weight pull dog because the hips will give out like an twig holding up a semi truck.
    ;)

19. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

If that's what you like & you're keeping them close... Then go for it.

20. briarpatch

briarpatch Banned

make your assumptions without knowing or seeing any of the dogs in person. did you not read how small 90% of the dogs in that pedigree are. man some of you are stubborn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.