1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this Kibble Feed Wanted

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jman11, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

Just thinkin....

Buffalo Deboned, Chicken Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Turkey Meal, Canola Oil, Sweet Potato Dehydrated, (preserved with mixed tocopherols - a source of Natural Vitamin E and Ascorbic Acid, a source of Vitamin C), Yeast Culture, Natural Dried Chicken Liver, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lysine, Guar Gum, Sea Salt, Alfalfa, Salmon Oil, Choline Chloride, Acai Berry Dried, Blueberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Venison Broth, Zinc Amino Acid Complex,Chondroitin Sulfate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Natural Venison Flavor, Chicory Root, Marigold Extract, Rosemary Extract, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Enterococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Natural Celery Flavor, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Natural Color (tumeric), Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

Before Grain Buffalo Dog Guaranteed Analysis:
    Protein 32.0%; Fat 15.0%; Moisture 11.0%; Fiber 3.0%.

Any thoughts?

2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

seems pretty good, im not a huge fan of potatoes in a dogs diet but i'd be willing to give it a try
    Whats it called?

3. jman11

its the Before Grain Buffalo..... the recipe is pretty similar to Innova Evo RM..... thx for the response.... for the price I might as well feed em BARF....

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea but i think the protein level is a bit lower than the EVO. Either way im right there with u, i'd love to feed raw but i just don't have the time right now, hopefully the new Canidae ALS ingredients don't ruin what i got going on right now, otherwise i'll be shopping around for a new feed ASAP

5. Good but not good enough to cost more than Canidae, Chicken Soup for the Dog lover's soul, etc, etc.

Their selling point seems to be the Buffalo meat which seems fine until you notice it is whole not meal meat. So, after removing water content, quantity would be left further down the list of ingredients. So, in essence, the true ingredient list to evaluate is this (just showing 50% of kibble): Chicken Meal, Potato Dehydrated, Turkey Meal, Canola Oil

Canola Oil is not as good of an alternative as other options but certainly is cheaper for the manufacturer. If it is not cheap, try something else. I would pass.

6. jman11

Thanks for the info Rocky.... I am in limbo now... as the feed store I frequent has raised the prices for Canidae already... but has not finished off there supply of the old formula... so they will not put the new formula on the shelves for a week or two.

the BG stuff is REAL expensive... but when your not feeding 10 dogs, it might be an option:)

If I was going to feed the Before Grain stuff... i would definitley mix in proportionate amounts of the canned Before Grain Buffalo....

here is the ingredients for the Canned Before Grain Buffalo

Before Grain Buffalo Can Dog Ingredients:
    Buffalo, Water for Processing

Before Grain Buffalo Can Dog Guaranteed Analysis:
    Protein 6%; Fat 6%; Moisture 76%; Fiber 1.2%.

I like adding canned food with my kibble, because it copies the composition of raw... which is much more moisture than kibble has........

7. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Personally, I don't like the protein to fat ratio. Fat gets used for energy, and with the protein that high, it would probably just shoot through your dog unused unless they were very, very active.