1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

opinion

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by red eagle, Nov 11, 2010.

1. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I'm sure its possible.

2. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Makes you wonder where the old dog whisperer gets his pupils from. It IS tv......and they do have a cast and a script and all. :rolleyes:

3. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I hope you are not implying that I believe in Ceaser :rolleyes:

I just simply know that they are DOGS.

4. Chump

Chump Banned

I am sure there are dogs you can't control DA in. I am also sure that MOST DA dogs can be controlled if you start working them when they are young.

5. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

No P4L, that was just a random thought I had. I still don't see the need to take a breed bred to fight other dogs and then try to train it not to. Seems like confusion to me.

6. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

I am not trying to train them to not fight, simply to behave.

7. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

I guess if you need to try train them, good luck.

I wouldn't know as i don't need to train them, i dont hog, or take them out in public, let dogs be dogs.

8. Chump

Chump Banned

Oh, but hearing a hog squeal and watching a bulldog work is FUN!!!!

9. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

MISSAPBT really like the dog i your avatar how is he/she bred if you dont mind me asking. Also I think the dog in your avatar before was also a looker. Neway, I also dont think you can train out hundreds of years of selective breeding maybe tune it down but not turn back genetics. And, then again why would you want to......:rolleyes:

10. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

oh yea and tuning it down depends on the individual dogs. These dogs are smart they would behave when you are around as soon as your back is turned its back to what there genetics and drives tell them to do

11. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I agree with most in that DA is part of the breed either accept it or get another breed. If a bulldog wants something bad enough there in not enough training in this world that's going to stop him from getting to what he wants.

12. easyboss

easyboss Big Dog

All the training in the world won't mean jack when his instincts kick in, you
    Can't alter his / her genetics, its deep down in their make up and when its
    triggered ( instinctively ) they will do what they were bred for.

Yes u can control, and that's the key word, but u can never eliminate that quality
    from a game bred dog.

13. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Not too sure, just a awesome picture! Maybe a dog called Shooter? Sorry, my old avatar is my bitch (patrick/redboy) as a pup.

14. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

kool really is a nice picture caught the dog raising dust in his chain spot prolly being loud as all hell lol. Thanks for reply