1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ontario town slaps limits on pit bull ownership

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Marty, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Ontario, Canada -- An Ontario town has moved to restrict ownership of pit bulls, requiring them to be spayed or neutered and kept in secure areas.

The council of Powassan, 260 kilometres north of Toronto, has passed a bylaw compelling pit bull owners to pay $250 for a restricted dog licence. The dog must be kept indoors or within a fenced-in area, with signs alerting visitors that a restricted dog lives there.

Other requirements:

* When the dog is in public, it must be walked on a one-metre leash by an adult and muzzled at all times.
    * Owners must have liability insurance worth at least $1 million.
    * Owners who do not comply with the requirements face a fine of up to $5,000.

Powassan, with a population of 3,200, has 10 pit bulls. The town joins a growing list of Ontario municipalities such as Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga and Grimsby that have already enacted dangerous or vicious dog bylaws.

* FROM OCT. 15, 2004: Ontario moves to ban pit bulls

Though the provincial government recently introduced pit bull legislation, the bill has not yet been passed.

The proposed provincial legislation would:

* Place a ban on new ownership of the dogs.
    * Require pit bulls to be muzzled and leashed along with being spayed or neutered.
    * Enact new restrictions and penalties on irresponsible dog owners of all breeds.
    * Increase penalties on dog owners, who could face jail sentences of up to six months if their dog bites, attacks or poses a threat to the public. The owners could also be fined up to $10,000.

Attached Files:

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

screw them. when I see people slapping muzzles on their f*****g ankle biting dachsunds & chihuahuas & rat terriers & hell evern labs (as that is the breed winning in the which breed bites the most category in most states) then i MIGHT thing about it. until then, people may feel free to walk on the other side of the street, hide their children & raise them to be fearful, nervous (schitzo) adults, and definitely feel free to keep their f*****g sweater wearing leash attached fashion accessories out of reach of my dog (i'm sick & tired of having to grab hold of my dog cause some idiot likes walking their's on a 20 ft long retractable leash letting the dog approach anyone & anything).

3. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

that is the most honest thread i have ever read

4. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

damn that sucks