1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

one nut

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by thedude04, Apr 26, 2006.

1. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

at what age should the nuts of a dog start deciending and would one start falling and the other start a little later or does that mean that onley the one well fall and what are the heath proplem with one not decinding

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

If by 9-10 mo. of age, the dog's testicle(s) has not descended, then he needs to be neutered & the sooner the better. A dog's testicles need to be kept at a cooler temperature than body temp hence why they are kept in the scrotum away from the dog's body. If one, or both, is retained (usually in the abdominal or inguinal area) then not only does that render the dog sterile, but the chance of testicular cancer absolutely skyrockets. The condition is termed "cryptorchid". Also, this condition is genetic & is a major disqualification for a dog of any breed as it is a major health issue.

Now I will tell you that crypt neuters, as we call them, do cost more as it's not just a "snip snip" procedure but one in which the vet must make incisions in the dogs abdominal and/or inguinal area & must search to find the testicle(s). The vet will also do a check of all the surrounding organs to make sure there is no sign of tumors. However, the small price increase is well worth your dog's life.

thedude04 likes this.
  3. Great on the info Miakoda!! I've never heard of that before.

4. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

ya wow thank u so much that was a great response i went to the vet today and they both fell i was really worried for a min well most of the day and night iv only had him for three days and his 12weeks so i wasnt sure if he was still to young to have his nuts drop btu i feel a lot better knowing his alright but i well be postin his ped soon so every one can give me there opien on him i know hes not quiet a pit bu i dont know what eles to call him i know its of topic on my own topic but scince miakoda answerd it so beautifully i figerd the quetion couldnt be answered any better thanx agien

5. its all good man, same thing happened to mine...one dropped then the other later on....kinda tripped me out for a minute....

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

:) No problem. It's not uncommon for one to not have dropped at the age of 3 mo. Hence why we usually give them until 9-10mo. before doing any kind of unecessary surgery.

I'm glad to here every turned out ok.

7. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

thanx agien every one hes doing great now hes the laziest dog iv ever owned he has his moments of energy but the sec i stop walking he sits or layes down telll im ready to go but im happy with him i think he well make a good pull dog or show dog now that i know he has two nuts lol miakoda thatnk u agien i think your answer was the best most to the point of the question iv ever seen on the forum