1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old-time winners that got along with other dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bahamutt99, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have heard that McGee's Panther (1xw) enjoyed the company of a female dog that accompanied him on his workouts.

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Well son, I check my hardware twice a day. And as far as standards of containment, most that see what I do think I go overboard!! I had a bolio dog that I got off Patricks yard that his neck was just as fat as his head. I double collared him, penned him, no matter what I did, he got loose and killed something. Maybe them yards you are talking about...well, I just wont go there. I do however do not believe that statement, unless you are talking about yards of beagles.

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I agree, accidents happen. But that, of course, is a side-topic, and I don't believe in casting judgement over accidents that folks have made a reasonable attempt at preventing.

Again, my thanks to everyone for sharing what they know. Some of this is jogging the memory on dogs I'd heard about before and forgotten, but a lot of it is new to me. :)

4. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Sorry bout the hijack, just rubbed me the wrong way. Ignorance is bliss!

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Purple Pig...To insinuate that someone has beagles because they don't incur many chain wrecks or otherwise kennel accidents is truly absurd.
    You've had dogs a long time? You've been around long enough to judge these sort of things? If so, why does it seem as though it was you merely a year or so ago, asking about first one dog/line/uses for meds/how to worm/ and all the like? You have gained some shake n bake experiences in a very short order.
    I'd be either very careful how you deem someone's dogs as beagles if you don't even know who someone is talking about, or be willing to back up your disrespectful claims.
    There happens to be many doggers out there who manage their gear and security very well, and they have incurred very few accidents but for faulty made equipment and the like, over many, many years. Is it your style to diss their dogs if YOU can't manage yours as well as they do?
    I consider your post a catcall. Cheap. Unwise and unknowlegeable.( edit )
    Now, you might come back on here, beating your fool chest bout all your bad dogs, but that would complete the cycle of your style, it seems, by your quick to judge post. So do that if ya like. Try some class. It won't make your dogs any worse or better either. But it makes YOU look a tad more credible.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  6. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

And I would consider your post inflammatory.

Argue with the post not the poster.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Are you the postmaster, Colby? I think what I said was in line with the nature of the slam he posted. I think your monitoring of freedom of speech is what's imflammatory

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  8. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I dont see anything that could be considerd inflamitory
    I see a dissagrement.
    The thread may have went off topic,But Imo everyone in dissagrement has kept it pritty Civil. no namecalling ect.
    There is usaly alot of usefull information that comes from threads where there are good ol dissagrements.
    jmo Big Game

9. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

As a matter of fact I am the postmaster.

And for your freedom of speech ? Think again,

Rule #6
    6. Argue with posts, not the poster. Debating topics are good, but arguing, flaming, or bashing between members or of any off-site person, site, or kennel is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Firm and direct constructive criticism is encouraged and often necessary, outright insults are not.

Being part of this site is not a right it is a privilege, if folks cannot follow the rules then they will be dealt with as to how Marty would have us see fit.

As for your post yes I did find it to be inflammatory towards PP directly with this

So there we go.

Now please continue the thread as it was intended.

10. MASONDOGS

MASONDOGS Pup

This is all crazy lmao... What a board...

Back to the topic, it is crazy to have many accidents on a yard. It show carelessness. If the said dog that PP stated got out of his chain set up and got out of a kennel after that, then obviously there is a kink in the way he contains his dogs...

11. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Quit with the instigating, stay on topic.

12. KIWEED

KIWEED Banned

i have to totally agree with TK there ..ya here the term learn by ya mistakes but sum people just cant

13. KIWEED

KIWEED Banned

sorry masondogs lol
    :D

14. Marty

Marty Guest

I see whats going on here now! :rolleyes:

And I think I can solve the problem if need be :mad:

15. MASONDOGS

MASONDOGS Pup

What is going on Marty...TDK answered back to an attack on me, that was all...There is nothing goin on except people trying to post and share some common knowledge...Do you think it is ok to have multiple yard accidents? Surely that isnt something you learned from Irish Jerry?

16. Marty

Marty Guest

There's going to be no problems on this site, I can assure you of that ;)

And no it your doing things right you should not have yard accidents...

But they do happen :confused:

17. Marty

Marty Guest

I already took it down... "death to the mods" ;)

18. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Thanks again to those who participated in the spirit of the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.