1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old game Bred Bull terriers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Box Bulldog, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

In modern times, but they all come from fighters!!!!!!!!!!! Bullbiting, rating, dog fights racoon ecc.. are those show for looks in your opinion?? Cause imo was to put some bet and to See a Good dog...
    Game dogs (EBT, staff, bull&terrier ecc..call it what you please) came from you and in the other colonies in the same way!!! then you can say what you want but this is history..

2. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

The Bull and Terriers used to create the Bullterrier were fighters, the Bullterrier never was I'm afraid. That's not to say they've never been any dogs with gameness or ability but has a breed they don't really have either.....

3. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

I give up...

4. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

The apbt is a bull and terrier. More terrier than bull even. In fact they have a decent amount of ebt and even a dash of show bulldog all from the 1900-1930s. No offense to Stratton, but his original bulldog theory is unproven and based on minimal proof.

5. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

He's actually right. I am a huge enthusiast of the working ebt and I even I will admit; in the past 10 or so years there have been less then 5 who'd have a chance in the fast lane. The best of which was never campaigned simply because he was HUGE. I hope in the future more folks will get to working them.

6. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

The APBT existed before the EBT or the British Bulldog.

7. proof pleaz ?

8. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Form follows function not the other way around. You don't create fighting dogs from show ponies. That's the simplest and easiest answer. I'm sure others have the time to go more in depth.....

9. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Yes man..And the second World war was before the first...lol

Attached Files:

10. that's not proof just a guess at best ;)

11. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

IMG_20160829_19701.jpg IMG_20160829_8206.jpg

Box Bulldog likes this.
  12. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Simply wrong. I've been studying the subject for years

In order of creation it is

Molosser

British pugnace

Small fighting mastiff

Bulldog

Bull and terrier to improve fighting ability. These dogs were imported to the US and regardless of what you say there is overwhelming proof they outcompete dang other breed in the USA.

Bull terriers were in the 1860s and staffords have been around with that name at least that long as well.

Apbt in the USA were bred with all sorts of things to improve and Etc. one of the two most prominent crosses are with English bulldog and English bull terrier ( hell apbt were registered as ebt and interbred freely).

13. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

An educated guess, fact is the Bullterrier was a cross between the Bull and Terrier (APBT) and the English White Terrier, Dalmation was added to the mix and maybe Pointer and Whippet. It was created for the show ring, why and how on earth would you use this to breed with your fighting dogs?

14. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

You really are clueless, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier isn't as old as the APBT, neither is the EBT.....

15. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

One could make a claim that the Bulldog is older than the APBT but I'm highly doubtful.....

16. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

The Americans didn't add anything to the mix, the APBT is the same breed that was shipped over all those years ago.....

17. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

IMG-20160829-WA0001.jpg IMG-20160829-WA0000.jpg

18. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

When America was Discovered british people was fighting dogs from centuries

19. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Roberto? Care to take this one buddy? You know the mixing best lol

20. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned