1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old game Bred Bull terriers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Box Bulldog, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Differing opinions on The White Pit Bull Terriers and the English Bull Terriers - Dog Fancier 1923

June 1923 – Dog Fancier

upload_2016-8-26_15-6-0.png upload_2016-8-26_15-6-7.png

Aug 1923 – Dog Fancier

upload_2016-8-26_15-6-48.png

OCT 1923 – Dog Fancier

upload_2016-8-26_15-7-29.png

2. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

You've got to ask yourself this, if the Bullterrier was in any shape or form superior to the APBT, why is it obsolete in the dogfighting world....

3. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

When Armitage stared with dogs The apbt was a young breed. The ultimate fighting dog for excellence. But at that time There was many fighting Bull terrier. Remember all dogman in past try to cross all Kind of breeds before The apbt was Born... The first egg Head was born in the 1917 and was registred like an official breed in The 1933. 1600 great britain was in India and animal fighting show was legal. In over 300 years no Bull and terrier in India? I don't think so...This is my point, Not gull is The Best, i'm Not crazy lol...coloniers take dogs in India before The hinks sons put dalmatian blood and other shit inside. The Apbt is The Best, i know this otherwise i own a German Shepherd lol...

PlugUgly likes this.
  4. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Cause any man with a dream and with the ambition to be the best dogman try to do better and better! I know it's obsolete!!!! What i'm saying is: for me the old English Bull terrier and the gull is not the best and never will but are not the shit You are talking about.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  5. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

They Gull terr type of Bull terrier ,,only came about when dogs shows got started ,,with breeders like James Hinks ,,breeding fighting dogs to terriers ,,for the pet , and show fanciers ,,,it was this type that traveled to India ,,mixed with local breeds ,,to become the Gull Terr,,,

bluedoglover and Robertosilva like this.
  6. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Here is Walter Komosinski's dog Mut. I don't know about you but I see heavy English Bull Terrier in this bad boy. med_4fab2aa563517.jpg

italianpit likes this.
  7. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

8. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

I'm sorry but You are wrong, in India pakistan ecc is a typical custom to fight dogs and in great bretain become outlow any animals show in The 1835...these dogs came into usa by the British But in India never arrived?? Only show bulldog where fight dogs is a local traditional? America state was The chosen one? Game bulldogs from England and irish in usa and only show bulldogs in India?

9. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I don't think paperhanging is something new. Walter probably took a lot of dog secrete recipes to his grave with him. He culled his whole yard when past away.

italianpit likes this.
  10. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

11. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

She sure looks like a bull terrier type doesn't she? And as for Mut his head, legs, feet and eye shape sure look like he has a good chunk of bull terrier in him. Who really knows what the past generations were but I know one thing they were both fine dogs I would love to owned either one.

Robertosilva and italianpit like this.
  12. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

All the long face , slanty eyed Bull terriers are from show dogs ,,they ware invented as show dog / pets...

mixed-grill likes this.
  13. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

14. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

sorry my last reply was meant for this post ...

15. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Let's put it like this, if you want to breed game bull terriers, be my guest. In fact they are a breed which I love dearly. But there's no need for gull terr! You want a good ebt search Wales, Greece, France, Italy, Russia, and even Australia. There, if you are smart, you will find gamey bull terriers of good size, good mouth, and athletic ability. No need to add in glorified bull lurcher! If you are actually interested in old Tyme bull terriers give me a ring, but starting with a gull terr is giving yourself a set back you do not need.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  16. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

1600-1835 show/pet Bull terrier Vs bull...You are right my friend lol

17. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Earliest recorded Bull and Terrier crosses where just turned 1800.

Dustman - Benjamin Marshall (1804)

Benjamin_Marshall_-_Dustman_-_Bulldog_and_Terrier_Mix 1804.jpg

Trusty - Lord Camelfor'ds (1806)

Trusty,_Lord_Camelford's_Bull-and-Terrier_(c._1806).jpg

Fighting dog by Edwin Landseer

Brutus by Sir Edwin Landseer (1818)

Fighting Dogs Getting Wind by Sir Edwin Landseer 1818.png Fighting dogs getting wind Ladseer 1818.jpeg

Little Billy by Thomas Landseer

little billy.jpg little billy2.jpg

Jacco Maccaco The Fighting Monkey Vs Puss.
    jacko.jpg jacko2.jpg

1823 Henry Alken Badger and Bear Baiting

1823 Henry Alken Badger-baiting.jpg early 1800's Alken Bear Baiting.jpg

18. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

My honest opinion is the pit bull type dog was always around. The English bred there English bulldogs with them to make there English bulldogs better.

italianpit likes this.
  19. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

It's one of two things really, the APBT is either the true original Bulldog and has been around for many centuries or he is a Bull and Terrier cross. Either way he has been bred for many generations to face his foe in the Box.

The EBT, Staff, Am Staff are all off shoots off him and are merely bred for looks......

Dusty Road and Robertosilva like this.
  20. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog