1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old game Bred Bull terriers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Box Bulldog, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I agree with you that a smaller athletic built gull terrier would be a good starting point to breed a new breed of game dog but its not going to happen over night. I also agree that they are better put together dog than the modern day bull terrier. To make a gull terrier into a true game dog one would have to do a lot of selective breeding /inbreeding/linebreeding and it would take many generations to make the dog a competitor. I don't believe that the people of where these dogs are have any concept on how to breed properly for them to become a proper match dog so they will probably just remain the same unfortunately.

2. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

You're straight mad. Many of komosinski's dogs were pedigreed. And this was not the 1800s. Plenty of dogs were not from England. Gull terr has less potential than a renterrier.

Actually there have been people selectively breeding working ebt for decades now with knowledge. There a lot more game bull terriers than gull terr. There are a lot more game jagds than gull terr. Shit, there's probably just as many game bull Arabs as gull terr.

3. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Check out the friar tuck, ingles, and even some working ebt in the isles. You'll be surprised.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  4. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I will take a look. I really like English bull terriers I just like the early ones better than the stocky egg shaped head ones today but I still think they are a neat one of a kind dog with there special one of a kind features like triangle eyes and head shape for example.

5. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Don't worry there's plenty of athletic looking EBT's over here in the UK. There's a beauty near me that's got a front leg missing. Good looking dogs I'll give them that....

6. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Komosinski's Friend And neighbour was an oebt breeder!! He used hard that blood..90% of his dogs was white. You Can Read this in rocca's Books. no one had the same kind of dog in competition!!!
    My buddy have a friar tuck couple And trust me: are The Most dumb dogs i'v ever saw

7. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

You do know the Bullterrier was created for and selected for the show ring???

How can a show dog possibly equal to or better than pit dogs bred for generations for the box?

8. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Oebt? He just bred some show dogs. And komosinski used A LITTLE in his dogs. And your buddy must have some shitty dogs then. Because I know the original breeder and several owners who are very happy with this line. One of the few lines that was consistently pit tested. If the owners cared to write reports some of those older dogs would be champions.

9. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

I'm sorry but i think you need To study to learn somthing about The Story of fighting dog. We are talking about OLD ENGLISH bull terrier and you are talking about the show bt with an egg head. We are talking about dogs from colonizers before the hink's sons create the egg head...i post a picture of Ch virginalis, a show Ch and a pit Ch and She was an OLD english bull terrier hinks selection like those other dogs in 1920 if i remember wright..just a blind will not notice the similarities

Attached Files:

10. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

He start with dogs in 1915, The first egg dog come in 1917, The first!!! So i Think there are many other old type like i sow in many old books and magazine.
    My friend's dog are Good with Good temper, Good air But dumb.

11. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

I seriously don't think you know what you're talking about tbh....

12. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Maybe you don't understand me so i suggest to read thirty years with fighting dogs, a 1935 Book by armitage. It's in Proper english And simple to understand.

13. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

I don't need to read anything. The Bullterrier be it old, modern, brindle or gay is a show dog.

14. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

My Friend i know wath i'm talking about..
    And i think The india was colonized in 1757 so i'm sure There are Not show bt in The gull...

Attached Files:

15. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Now is a show dog!!!! But is one of The apbt's ancestors

16. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

The British were there in the 1600's, that doesn't mean they took their Bullterriers there at that time does it....

17. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Always was and still is a show dog...

18. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

It's story Not An opinion

19. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

I Think You are trolling

20. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

There were plenty of pure White Pit Bull Terriers around before Komosinki's dogs. If you look at where they came from before Walter got the dogs a lot of The Redican and Armitage dogs of pure Burke strain had that English Bull Terrier look about them. I'm not saying he didn't cross any English Bull Terrier blood back into the dogs, just that they didn't need it to obtain that colour and look his dogs had and plenty of other dog men earlier than him bred other sorts of dogs from Bostons, Bull Terriers, English Bulldogs to toy dogs. W.P. Farmer of Chicago dealt in the breeding of all sorts of dogs including Maltese Terriers, toy poodles and Boston Terriers as well as being a very well known Pit dog fancier. Just because he owned them doesn't mean he was crossing them, the same as Komosinki, they were a separate line of business. Some did cross show English Bull Terriers and Pit Bull Terriers obviously, but it doesn't mean Walter did.

An example of a show Bull Terrier being bred to a Pit Bull Terrier - (1905)

upload_2016-8-26_13-20-35.png

"The dogs of the tough, hard mouthed Walter Komosinski family were primarily white in color and looked very similar to white English Bull Terriers, even to the elongated head and almond shaped eyes. Some even say he mixed White English Bull Terriers. The fact that added fuel to the fire, was that Walter used to trade A.K.C. registered English Bull Terriers pups back and forth with Dave Tamburri - who had the Canterbury Kennels - and always kept a few chained up in his backyard. Regardless of what Walter did or didn't, the Komosinski dogs were unique looking Bulldogs and on top of that they were some of the best around.
    Walter's dogs mainly came from the yards of George Armitage and Harry Clark. George C. Armitage of New Kensington, Pennsylvania founded a line of dogs based on dogs obtained from Mike Redican which were Burke breeding, and the Tramp dog. Tramp was bred by John P. Colby out of Colby’s Goldy and sired by Colby's Bunch. " - From The SDJ

The dogs of Redican, Armitage and Clark.

REDICAN AND ARMITAGE (Dog Fancier - 1912)

upload_2016-8-26_12-23-52.png

ARMITAGE'S CUE (1915)

upload_2016-8-26_14-11-24.png

Redican Puppies with a Beagle (1916)
    upload_2016-8-26_14-39-28.png

A Redican sired white dog, another white and a different picture of Armitage's Cue (1916)

upload_2016-8-26_13-31-2.png

Pure White Pit Bull Terrier puppies (1915)

Pure White Colby dog (1917)
    upload_2016-8-26_13-46-3.png

1921 - Tramp
    upload_2016-8-26_14-13-35.png
    1923 - Tramp

upload_2016-8-26_14-18-54.png

Attached Files: