1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old game Bred Bull terriers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Box Bulldog, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

2. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I work with a fellow from India every single day and from what he tells me is a Gull Terrier is a old English bull terrier with a little bit of Bully Kutta mixed in that's why they look very similar to the bull terriers of old but a are slightly larger in size. He assures me some are very game as well and are a great breed for many tasks. But he is also not a true dog man so maybe he has his facts mixed up. They have a very similar look that's for sure.

Robertosilva likes this.
  3. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

That sounds pretty much what I have been told about them.
    Nice looking dogs. I think some of those dogs have a more serious temperament as well. Good guarding instinct and not the people friendly type except with family.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  4. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

From my experience what you say is very true. Any time you mix a dog aggressive dog (bull terrier) with a human aggressive dog (bully kutta) you get a dog that wants to kill anything that moves. There's a guy down the street from me who has a Pit Bulldog x with a German Shepard and that thing is unstable.

Robertosilva likes this.
  5. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

From what I remember the Gull part is a regional mistranslation or mispronunciation that occurred and is basically the word Bull that got changed. So Gull Terrier would be the original Bull Terrier and like you said the Gull Terr the cross.

Quite a few of the dogs on this site are ones imported to the UK. We have a large Pakistani and Indian community over here. Never seen one though only in the usual adverts online.

www.dogbreedinfo.com/p/pakistanibullterrier.htm

6. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I also believe this is why there is far more pit bull attacks on humans than there was say 30 years ago. When you hear a 140lb pit bull attacked a old lady there is far more mastiff in that dog than pit bull that's why he is 140lbs and has a head the size of a basketball.

7. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I see well that's some good info. Where I live there is a huge amount of East Indians as well but few Pakistanis I have never seen a gull terrier in person either but the fellow I work with says they are a very common dog over there. (Very few East Indians here own dogs)

8. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

In India You Can find also the original one oebt. Some dogman have the small gull terrier (from 20kg-44lb To 30kg-66lb) Who claim To be The real old English Bull terrier

Box Bulldog and Robertosilva like this.
  9. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

From what I've seen of the Bully kutta it ain't a game dog, they usually fight for 15 mins then one quits......

PlugUgly likes this.
  10. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Not exactly India or Pakistan, or the same type of dogs but Vice did a short documentary on Afghanistan that's fairly interesting.

bluedoglover likes this.
  11. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Hinks Bull terrier/oebt
    Gull terr/oebt (look The size )
    Oebt Ch Virginalis

Attached Files:

12. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

You are right just a big sloppy mangy cur. I would be surprised if they could go 15 min. But the gull terrier is mainly bull terrier with a little bully kutta just for a little more size and some of them have some gameness.

Scratch Pattersons likes this.
  13. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

The Small gullterr is like The original oebt And many of Them are game But their rules don't work for gamness. They don't use cajun

Sorry forse My bad English

Box Bulldog likes this.
  14. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Exactly so unless they use Cajun they ain't game dogs I'm afraid. Let's not forget the original Bullterrier was created for the show ring...

Dusty Road likes this.
  15. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Deacon - English Bull Terrier (1904)

upload_2016-8-17_16-44-6.png

16. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Y'all can't have an ebt thread without me ;) OP if the dog was from Europe i would call it an ebt. But not from any line in particular as he does not bear a strong resemblance to the popular lines of the time. He likely has some pit bull in him.

Those are all ebt.
    No…I've dabbled very closely in the Indian dog world and I can say that full terr aren't even 50% old ebt. They have a plethora of other stuff mixed in.

Those are all ebt.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  17. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Took you long enough to join in lol. I was waiting.

bluedoglover likes this.
  18. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

in fact, they are virtually the same breed old English Bull terrier

19. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Not at all. M gull terr are mongrel curs down from ebt, bully kutta, and local parish dogs. They are nothing special in the slightest and I wouldn't be payed to own most. If you are looking for a REAL ebt, I suggest France, Russia, and Indonesia. At least for hunting purposes.

20. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

I've seen a Bullterrier in a match against an APBT in Russia, had quite a bit of grit for a while until it was taken apart....