1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old game Bred Bull terriers

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Box Bulldog, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

Screenshot_2016-08-31-21-05-02-1.png
    Before hinks "patent" The Name Bull terrier...
    Dogman85 you're making me Read again all the old books lol

Box Bulldog likes this.
  2. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

You're not hearing what I'm saying. The Bull and Terriers he used to help create the Bull Terrier were likely from working stock....

3. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

They were. but he rarely rolled his dogs and other people did much more for the breed in its working form.

4. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

So the Bull Terrier wasn't created to be a working dog, it was created to look nice and uniformed.

Some dogs might on occasion turn out handy but hell you'll be able to find a Border Collie that will fight if you search far enough.....

There's a reason why the APBT is the best fighting dog in the world, for me it's the only true fighting dog...

Dusty Road likes this.
  5. italianpit

italianpit Big Dog

concerning the last centuriey You are absolutely right

6. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Not comparable to a collie bud. There have always been sporting bull terriers since hinks. There are some now. They make up less than 1/100 of the population but how many game collies are there.

Box Bulldog likes this.
  7. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

No they are not but they are not a fighting dog, never was.

Name me Bull Terriers that turned out deep game, I reckon you could fit them on a post stamp.

Hell I've even seen a scraggy Chow mix go a hour with a poor Bulldog in China.

Sporting Bull Terriers? In what way? Killing foxes? Working Boars?

A Bull x Greyhound could do all that and more, that doesn't make them game though....

Dusty Road likes this.
  8. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Hunting and fighting.

9. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

I can name a few breeds that will do that.

10. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

But that are game and successful? Name a few lol. Not counting Badger terriers, stafford, tosas, or dogs with an apbt cross.

11. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Think what you like but this Bull Terrier is no stranger to a contest.

download (5).jpg

AGK likes this.
  12. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I saw this bull terrier same as the one in the last post matched into a 150lb Kangal and he gave him as good of a fight as any pit bulldog I have seen matched into a Kangal. They maybe poor pit bulldogs I have seen matched into Kangals but the dog above is no push over the huge Kangal knew he was in a fight.

images (1).jpg

Scratch Pattersons and AGK like this.
  13. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Yes I've seen some handy Chow mix and Sharpei type dogs on 56.com, one went nearly a hour with a Bulldog and appeared to get the better of it. I've even seen an Ovcharka go around a hour against an American Bulldog.....

14. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Many dog breeds like a scrap, doesn't make them game though does it?

15. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

What you say is true but the dog I posted above took a very hard chewing from a huge hard mouthed dog and was still giving it his all and holding his own with a dog that was three times his weight. The bull terrier is not as good on average as a pit bulldog but they are better or as good as any other breed pound for pound in my books anyway.

download (8).jpg download (9).jpg

Scratch Pattersons likes this.
  16. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Exceptions to the rule, and link me the video.
    First of all, that's not a kangaroo, and his weight was never mentioned. The ebt involved was not a good example of the breed at all. Much better ones online.

17. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

I'm sure you've seen that Russian match with the brindle Bull Terrier and the smaller black Bulldog, the Bull Terrier is competitive for about 5 mins.

I saw these videos a few years ago, try and scout them out on 56.com....

18. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Heavily edited buddy. Bunch of jump cuts, etc. music playing. Not to mention both were poorly conditioned.

19. DogMan85

DogMan85 Banned

Yes and I'm sure it would have been edited to try and make the Bull Terrier appear better than it actually was.

I don't think any true dogmen would want videos of their gamedog fighting a Bull Terrier posted all over the web....

20. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

Silly talk. The man who video taped it is a terrierman and has no preference. And yes, most matches aren't posted online.