1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Old Boston Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Crow, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Crow

Crow Pup

Has anyone heard of these?i owned one a long time back.I like him he was pretty gritty.Lovable fun and an escape artist but never wandered far.One time I came home he was wagging his stub on top of the garage and jumped into my arms.He killed my neighbors pet coon that frequently came in my yard wreaking havoc.
    I wouldn't mind another one day.

2. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

I had one years ago. Got him from a guy north of Toronto. Gritty little sukka. Currently I have a Boston Terrier x French bulldog cross, pretty similar, Fun little dogs. Dont know where u could get one these days

3. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

I think they are the same dog as a Boston Terrier from 100+ years ago. They are bigger dogs than Boston Terriers of today. They use to match them in the box many, many moons ago. Neat little dogs.

4. Crow

Crow Pup

Thanx both you guys.
    Yeah definitely cool.I researched but most look like really just Boston terrier for the most part,which are cool dogs but the boston bulldog is a little bigger and grittier.

5. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

The guy I got the frenchy x boston also did a frenchy x patterdale. He gonna do a breeding w these, so 50 frenchy, 25 patt, 25 boston. Guy does sport work, and he got these dogs as a bet. He said he would be able to get these dogs to do sport, and he did. So did these crosses, fun little dogs

6. Crow

Crow Pup

I do know of some Boston Terriers that defied the odds on occasion.I don't doubt the cross you mentioned being able to compete.Ive owned patterdales and bostons and know what they're capable of.