1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Okay, did thier opinions surprise you?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Diesel, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

At the request of some of the member here we did a little recon mission onto the bully boards using pics of Macho Buck in what was [] perfect condition[].

The thoughts of many people was that bully breeders would meet the image of a gamedog with negativity.

doing the posts on 2 different boards and having close to 40 replies total between the two there was an overwhelmingly positive response. There were a few negative ones, one was that the dog was ugly; one about the dog being kept too skinny (which probably wouldnt have surfaced if he was posted at his OTC weight), and then there were a few that siad they wouldnt own a dog like that because they would have AC called on them for fighting. Oh and one that said that she thought it looked like thd dog was raised for dighting and she said that made the dog neglected (thats not really negative, but it wasnt positive either)

Now keep in mind I posted nothing special. picture of the dog and asked for any and all opinions Good, Bad, or indifferent. so there was no baiting of responses nor stuffing of the ballot box.

I want to know was anyone surprised at the responses?

BTW: Marty Lil Bit got quite a stir going... thats a little piece of perfection you are sitting on... but you already knew that.

2. Attila

Attila Guest

I am not suprised a bit. I would expect it from them. As they should expect what we have to say.

3. man your presistant. What is this the 3rd thread with the same crap. One thread gets cosed and start another lol.

1 person likes this.
  4. Attila

Attila Guest

this is what those bully dog raisers do. They try to force their dogs on Game dog people. I don't know why. Those dogs have no relationship to ours. don't look like ours, act like ours, can't hunt like ours, yet they persist on trying to force us to look at them, and trying to make us accept their dogs. Like liberals, PETA, and ever other extremist group known to man. You have to accept us blah blah blaaaaaah. No I will not. They are not game dogs, they are not APBT, or even staffords. They don't even look like bull dogs. Go force that dog on some other group. Form your own groups and be loved among eachother. Why come to where it is a battle and try to make some one accept you. It would be more peaceful to stay amongst yourselves like we try to do.

Good post Sedalia

5. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

AM -

Just to set the record straight, as usual there was a bash fest because Diesel posted some shredded bullys, the thread was about what folks thought of the dogs conditioning. The point was made that bullys are moving towards a more conditioned look, some thing game-dog people criticize about bullys. I thought it was a good thing that the bully community was taking some sound advise. The conversation shifted to the reaction of the game-dog community to the conditioned bullys...it was negative. A comment by a game-dog fancier said the bully community would react the same way should a pic of a game-dog be posted. So a wager was made....and the challange was on. The rules were set about how Diesel was allowd to post the game-dog pic...and then we waited to see if the bully community would behave negatively.

My point is the whole thread was at the request of a game dog member, and supported by others, including Marty, just to see what would happen. To give us some insight to our reaction. The truth is they were not as nearly as hostile to us as we were to them, they seemed to appreciate the game-dog, one gentleman even requested a link to other famous game dog pictures as he was in awe at simply looking at them. The acknowledgement that the dogs were different breeds was overwhelming. This was not a post about shoving the bully down our throught, it was a post about how others percieve the game dog and how accepting that view is. Perhaps it is time to examine this behavior and try to determine if it is bad enough to generate such hate in some of our hearts. Seems to me we could be collaborators against worse enemies....and it simply is not Godly to hate someone because they love a DIFFERENT kind of animal. They have their own groups and their own standard, and their own name. I am not dismissing the actions of some bully folks - like selling puppies under the Pit Bull label...it is dispicable, but perhaps we could enlist some of the folks in the community we interacted with yesterday to police their own, like the game-dog community is trying to do to their own.

And we must mention that although the pic of Machobuck in prime condition was a hit, Lil Bit just rocked the house...dang that girl is ALL THAT, and anyone with 2 eyes in their head could see it. Thanks Marty.

BTW the thread about the bully community reaction got closed because a game-dog member was so vile and off topic, personally I was enjoying the great feedback that was coming back...I was bummed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2007
  6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I don't think anyone here cares that they love a different kind of animals. Heck, I love my cats & have even posted a pic of one in the POTM contest & got not one ounce of negative feedback. Not even from Attila, a self proclaimed cat-hater.

The reason the bully folks get so much backlash is ...

1: They're forcing those mutts down our throats.

2: They're peddling those mutts as purebred pit bulls & thus misrespresenting our breed & sullying the gene pool.

Anyone who has a even tinest bit of morals would be horrified at either. Now if they go to their own doggone bords & stay the heck there where they belong & cease & desist ALL use of the name "pit bull" in refence to their breed, I think everything would be peaches & cream.

But they won't. They continue to come on here & stir mess & as far as 99% of them are concerned, they own "pit bulls" (& will tell you so all the while belitting your dog) & peddle off those $1500 "pit bull" puppies to unsuspecting dupes.

And then wonder why true pit bull fanciers get mad. :rolleyes:

14rock likes this.
  7. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I can't disagree with most of what you say, but I do know I liked what they said about the game-dog, and the key to solving the issues you raise is through understanding and communication. Any one I can talk to about what I think has 100% more possibility of seeing my point of view than if I do not talk to them. You know I respect you ABK, my concerns are the same as yours, I just think education and communication works better than isolation. I still luv ya though!!!!:D

8. Phebes

Phebes Guest

The division in the bull dog community will be the end of all types of bull dogs. Safety in numbers. The more we all stick together the better it is for all bull dog breeds. So what, the bullys can't hunt, don't go hunting with one. So what, many people here don't like how they look so don't look at them.
    The people who own them will fight BSL and their right to keep the dog of their choice just like the people who own the standard APBT.
    Time to grow up people. Politics makes strange bedfellows so like it or not we are all in bed together on this one. The more people fighting BSL and owning breeds of dogs in danger the better.
    This argument is like listening to people fighting about whether people with red hair and freckles should be accepted. Who the hell cares. As for them calling their dogs pit bulls, who cares. Any damn dog that weighs over 35 lbs and has short hair is called a pit bull anyway. If they can't tell what it is then it must be a pit bull. The more dogs labeled pit bull the better cause more people will be fighting for their right to keep their dog. So play nice, alienating a large segment of the dog world ain't to bright.

9. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Re: Okay, did their opinions surprise you?

The problem that faces all of us is this.....

No matter whether we like their dogs or they like ours, John Q. uninformed Public considers them ALL PIT BULLS.

Can you imagine the force behind us if we could put our differences aside for a moment and join together in the war against BSL? Phenominal......

I am not fond of their dogs at all, not my deal, but what I hate more is that all these different breeds and crosses get labeled the same. PIT BULL.

We all know there is only one American Pit Bull Terrier and that Staff's are different and American Bully's are different. But to the average Joe, they are all devil dogs that attack children and kill whomever they attack!

Those who care for and feel strongly about their breed stand firm on their ideals and that is as it should be. I am pretty sure that the serious Bully breeders who work hard for their standards are as offended as we are when a BYB plays on and makes money on their "Breed".

If they call them American Bully's and educate people about how their breed came about, and don't call them APBT, all the power to them. They need to do what we need to do.....police within their/our ranks and prevent their/our dogs from getting in the wrong hands so they can NOT be exploited.

Dog fanatics ( we all are, admit it LOL ) are different than the average pet owner and definitely different from the non dog owner. We know the truth about our breeds and are offended that bad breeding and bad owners are causing so much grief for us. But everyone else reads the papers and sees Pit Bull Attack and goes Oh My God, another injured child by one of those death spawn. It doesn't matter to them if it's a APBT, an American Bully, a Staff or a Lab/Boxer mutt. It's a Pit Bull and they need to be banned.

There is power in numbers, and until we get past our prejudices and band together for the common cause, it will be an uphill battle for us all.

When the time comes that all our dogs are safe when BSL is abolished from every country, then we can start bickering about each other again. Until then, we should all fight for the cause together.

Educate, don't discriminate. It's the only way its going to work.

1 person likes this.
  10. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Re: Okay, did their opinions surprise you?

WOW someone who can think on their own, I did'nt think that existed on this board.lol. I would never own a bully but I know plenty of breeders of bully's and most started with game dogs and I have'nt heard them say anything negative about gamedogs. And for those saying they try to shove them down our throuts, it seems to be the other way around on here.lol

11. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Tying to keep you guys on topic is impossible. LOL.

1. if you werent involved in the first thread then there is no point in you hopping in on this one. You have NO idea what is going on.

2. I don't feel as though i am forcing anything down anyone throat. I would say at this point, but you know me. you know my name and you know what i tend to post about. Stop clicking on Deisel. seems almost elementary school to me. but why you want to try to sit in a little box and seperate yourself from them is beyond me. not saying you have to like them, but you are going to have to deal with them at some point. if you ever go to a BSL rally or sign a petition guess who is side by side with you in that?

3. why in the world does every post no matter what it involves have to go back to them being pit bulls and misrepresenting your breed. I am talking about american bullies... in fact i called them bullies not only in the post i put up here with you guys but i called them bullies over there too. the word APBT wasnt used to describe these dogs in any of the posts. thats your hangup and you keep bringing it up.

This is purely a reaction posts. the thread is closed the experiment is over. but we got a lot of feedback. feedback that completely crushed your theory about how disrespectful and rude bully breeders are i might add.
    Like I said it is how you present yourself and your dog. It was pointed out by a few posters that gamebred dogs show up at events and even place well in shows... bully shows. because they are so respected.

This thread is just to find out what the people who were involved in the first thread thought about the responses... they seemed to be singing praises for gamedogs...

12. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

To me there are only two types of people that can use the word bull dog accurately, APBT and working American Bulldog owners. Everything else is a mutt.

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That's the problem though - there is no understanding & no communication. Back when these monstosities started to be fancied, the old timers in the breed tried to take aside these young, uneducated fanciers & help them out & but they wanted none of it.

And that type of attitude still persists today. They don't want to know what a real pit bull is. They don't want to know how to breed a better dog. They don't want to hear about the health defects they're creating. They just want to breed biggest to biggest, bluest to bluest & shortest to shortest & sell their spawn off as "pit bulls."

Now, as I said before, if they will denounce, cease & desist of the use "pit bull" in any reference whatsoever to their breed, call them ABs, register them as ABs & show/pull them as ABs, hey, I have no problem w/ it. But it's the idea that to use the old phrase, they're "peeing on our leg & telling us it's raining" that makes most of us so mad.

As for BSL, maybe they will be caught up in it, maybe not. Boxers & Eng Bulldogs are bull breeds that bite, but have not had BSL levied at them. AmBulldogs don't suffer from it or suffer little from it. AmStaffs & SBTs suffer little from it. It only seems to be targeting APBTs & in some cases their mixes.

So it could be that once the AB ppl seprate their breed from ours they could very well take their pets & go their happy little way & we will still be fighting to keep our dogs.

And Diesel, your little "test" proved nothing. Where were you when my 47 lb male was mocked by a woman who owned a 90 lb dog? Or when my 45 lb female was called a whippet by an owner of a bluff? Or when a guy asked me if one of my dogs had chihuahua in her? Or when my dogs were called "skinny headed" & there was "no way she could be a pit?" Or how about the looks I get when I get asked if my 30 or 40 lb'ers are still puppies & I say no? Or if I get asked (snottily) if I am feeding my dogs? Or how about my all-time favorite: I had a guy call me up & cuss me out b/c one of my pup's heads was too narrow? Didn't see you then.

Just b/c a small handful of bully fanciers on 1 or 2 boards said some good things (& there were still snotty things said too, don't forget) it doesn't mean squat. Live day to day w/ these dogs & you will see what I mean.

14. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

and when your opinion is the one that BSL enforcement is based on then that will matter. But until then we are ALL in one boat as far as that goes.

15. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

ABK_ i dont know what you want. you want to seethe and live off of that hate. do your thing. but i am going to keep bringing the two together. because we have to. because there are people that love both dogs. because in the yes of the law we are of one body and one mind. no matter how seperated we think we are.

Sucks to have your dog mocked... I KNOW ALL TOO WELL. but tuck that in your saddle bad and keep riding. you are going to let the ignorance of a few people completely disarm you and dictate your interaction and reaction to every bullydog owner? to me that dumb.

How can you say they dont want to know and they dont care, i just showed you 30+ people that do agree with you. there is an entire movement going to push the acceptance of the name american bully... i dont know what to tell you. progress at any rate is better then nothing.

16. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM. If you post a thread any thread in a public forum you can assume every person is going to reply to it. If you dont like the replys stop posting BS.

17. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

ABK - HAH! Whippet! That's the most common thing people say to me when I'm out walking my pup (if you see her run at full speed through a field it's awesome to watch her, though). She's not even 25 lbs, almost 8 months old. The damn receptionist girl at the vet's office where i've taken my dogs still don't believe she's an apbt.

I have relatives who's kids are afraid of "big" pit bulls (they're starting to become a larger population around here) but my little cousins, nieces, and nephews will let Aubrey clean their teeth kissing them so much because they don't think she's an apbt, no matter how often i try to tell them. She's a little mutt in their eyes. *shrug* Even they know that the "pit bull" attacks on the news are 9 times out of 10 a "big" pit bull (read: not an APBT, a mix-breed mutt).

They can think what they want, most people don't want to be educated/have to change their opinion anyways. They have to be willing to listen first.

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That says it all right there. That is one reason many of us have grown to hate bullies. The constant shoving of what many consider a sub-standard monstrosity down our throats.

As far as I am concerned the AB ppl can take their breed, their breed name, clubs, shows & standards & go about thier merry way, working on them & leave the pit bulls & their fanciers alone.

And yes, I do agree that any progress is better than no progress. But more progress would have been made if the AB ppl would have gone about conducting their own affairs - i.e. working on their registry, getting ppl switched over, etc. - instead of meddling at pit bull boards & pumping out "pit bull" puppies.

19. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

On topic:

I'm not at all surprised by their reactions to what a true APBT is and should be because they know that they peddle their dogs off as APBTs, pitbulls, and/or pits, so it's only right that they show some respect to the true breed. Yet and still in the same breath they disrespect the APBT by breeding and owning what they(you) own. They may give our dogs respect but they aint showing it, that's for sure.

True, all have to fight BSL together and IMO when APBT lovers and mutt lovers are rallying side by side then that's the time for someone to start passing out fliers to the crowds that tells of the true APBT and it's standards. Hell, I did that at a dog park here and the results were phenominal.

We know you love your blues and those 70-120lb mutts and I agree with you on the BSL, point made, but in all honesty, deep within your heart, you gotta know that your mutts serve no working purpose. They were created for to have the structure of the APBT, to be bigger, to have better colors(blue is #1 which you own and have bred) and for the love of money. All that crap about temperment and health just really goes right out the window. Now maybe there is one or two mutt breeders that do work their dogs but that's one or two out of how many. I bet just about every APBT owner here works their dog in a real sense. Weight pulling, springpole, and that other stuff is just play time.

14rock likes this.
  20. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

Don't lump my dogs in with yours and get a better line than that BSL crap.

Bluff breeders and thugs have messed this breed up so bad I can't believe it.
    I would gladly move to another country where they know what a bull dog is, because people in the U.S sure as hell don't.