1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ok whos going to the NJ show?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by shadyridgekennel, Oct 5, 2006.

1. c10d

c10d Big Dog

Ok well I just found a place 10minutes from my house that carries Canidae but no Timberwolf Organics.

I think I might give the canidae a shot, but I'm just worried about it giving her the loose stool because thats what the blue buffalo did to all of our dogs except the one.

-c10

2. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

It may at first, just because it's new to their diet. Just mix it in gradually with the regular feed for a couple weeks. Slowly increase the amount of the new food added to the old. Even then it may make the dog a bit irregular. Give it a month though, and if there's still loose stools, reintroduce the old food. Then start the whole process over with something different. I switched my dogs from Eagle Pack (which is ok feed, if not for the corn in it) to Canidae and they did have a bit of trouble adjusting at first. But they love it now, and are doing great on it.

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

i didn't even bother slowly introducing canidae to my dog, because he was on piss poor food before (beneful). He had loose stool for a little over a week and after that it was nothing but solid good looking stool.

4. c10d

c10d Big Dog

Yeah I'm sure it's some handsome stool ya got there...

LoL I'm just playing :p I know exactly what you mean, but the "solid good looking" part made me laugh, know what you mean though. Solid firm stools rather than that soft mess.

My mom used to feed our terrier mix and rottweiler beneful mixed with cesar wet food because they loved the taste until I educated her and got my pup and took over the food job. Something I noticed was when on that crappy food, the rottweiler ALWAYS had horrible skin itching and since she's been on the Nutro Max (even though many say its garbage - I'm going in like 10min to get some Canidae) she hasnt been itching.

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea a good food will often help out with allergy problems in most dogs. Oh and by the way my dog has the nicest poo around lol. When my dog was on the beneful he shit like a damn horse because of the amount of food that was required for a proper nutrient intake, but with canidae he is fed less so in turn the cleanup is less

6. c10d

c10d Big Dog

Show's less than a week away. It's outside right? Wonder what happens if it rains?

I have to clip my pups nails and hopefully get this little cut on her head cleared up from her wrestling with the other pooch.

7. if its raining they move in into a barn or a covered area.

8. c10d

c10d Big Dog

Oh ok, gotcha.

9. c10d

c10d Big Dog

My luck... it's supposed to be a big thunder storm tomorow into saturday :cool:

10. where???lol i know some rain is coming in . not to horrible tho

11. c10d

c10d Big Dog

Around the Philadelphia area. I was at work yesterday and two of the guys were saying we're supposed to get really heavy rains tonight into saturday

12. yup i just looked and your right.hmmmm well at least it will be 60

13. c10d

c10d Big Dog

No problems shadyridge, I called the club up when I was at work today and the guy said No no it wouldn't be cancelled, Rain or Shine ... he sai dthey have an indoor facility and several pavillions

Good deal
    :)

14. c10d

c10d Big Dog

So our first show was definitly fun, I enjoyed myself, Mia enjoyed herself, and the whole "showing" experience was fun. I also ran into a couple people and got into conversationa nd found out they live near me and we kind of buddied up for the show; majority of people were very friendly.

Mia was in the old fam red nose group and also conformation for 4-6mos but didn't place unfortunately, but still very proud of her. Behaved very well and just looked like she was having a great time.

I also bought a nice collar from DBD 3 on 30 and a leash and pull harness from Melissa Kehler and her husband from Alaskan Dream Dog Equipment who were probably the most friendly and helpful people I've met. I would post pictures from the show, her harness, collar, etc BUT

My mom must've put my digi camera down and somebody stole it. They went onthe loud speaker asking about the camera and all but of course nobody returned it.

There were lots of AWESOME looking dogs but I noticed some were beyond the point of conditioned and actually looked emaciated.