1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

OK DONT LAUGH @ ME!!! BUT........(Juss Read)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Laced Wit Game, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

good advice

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Be as politically correct as you can be, Don't mention breeds or that but say something to the affect of "I just love dogs, I have been around them all my life and I know this might sound kind of crazy but I think of the dogs my family has as being...You know members of the family kind of like the furry little kids that they have you know?"

Dress real neat and be real mannerable with everyone and be sure to let them see you stop and interact with at least one customer and their dog whether it is before or after doesn't really matter. Speak very clear and in good english, Seems like your a young man so don't talk like most of the other nitwits that you can't understand and don't have your pants falling off your ass. Make sure your shoes are shined and your pants are slopping over them, Regardless of the position everyone wants a professional and they want to see and hire someone that they can see advancing...Why? Because if they hire good employees they have a chance to work their way up the food chain and they want people that they can promote and forget about when they leave, Nobody wants to recommend someone for a promotion when they get promoted only to have it come back and bite them in the rear 6 months down the road.

3. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

With Petsmart you'll be expected to submit to a background test and a drug test.

You'll most likely get questions like:

How would you handle an angry customer?

Can you tell me the responsibilities of the job for which you are applying?

How do you communicate when you are unsatisfied?

Don't lie about your experience with any of the animals. If you say you like to handle snakes, they will make you handle a snake.

Read up on the company, go into the interview with some knowledge about Petsmart, and about the position you are applying for.

This is information I pulled from 2008 at glassdoor.com:
    Interviewed Mar 2008 (took 3 days)

Iinterview went as expected. did a technical, took "splash test", and had to be "salon certified" (another way of saying test) passed all of them and got the job with my experience level. my advice, common sense is key, if you're not savvy then you shouldn't go for this job. you have to be quick on your feet to keep up with your co-workers. you're a team that competes with each other for clients.
    Interview Questions

what can you work?
    View Answers (1)

Negotiation Details

50/50 sounded good to me.
    not really a negotiation process to figure out as long as you can commission out more that 8 bucks an hour.

Other Details

I applied In-Person and the interview consisted of a 1:1 Interview, a Skills Test, a Drug Test and a Background Check.

4. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Im with AGK, just lie to them, I wouldnt mention Bulldogs at all, your likely to come up against the usual PETA BS, they wont say it but it will be in the back of there minds and if another similar person comes in and doesnt mention bulldogs my guess is they get the job over you.

Just say your into dogs in general since a kid.

Your going to get the usual ???, what can you offer us?? Years of experience with powerful dogs and training equipment / behavioural problems yatayatayata etc...

then you get the, and what are your weaknesses?? My usual rely is... I sometimes take on more that I can chew, i try to do 2 much......basically its all still positive even though your doing the negatives.

Read upon the store, all sorts of mundane crap, that shit always comes up

5. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Just read Old timers post, neat dress is essential for any interview, slacks, shirt and tie will look a lot better than some clown in jeans and T-shirt.

Be polite. Good firm handshake, smile, be confident without being cocky

Best of luck

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

well the interview is monday, so if i interview ill be doing the drug test the same day?

nevermind im fucked :(

7. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Cranberry juice clears the system of your........ehm........ smokes........... or so ive heard.

Dont worry about the piss test, just go with your game face on and dont think about that, or have somebody do the test for you.

They piss in a container for you, you go in the toilet, run the hot tap and warm it up.

Its been done before (trust me) and it will be done again

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yea cranberry juice dont work (tried it when i was on juvenile probation) but ill prolly do the lemon squeeze trick. have somebody piss in it, then on the way there let it sit in a hot cup of coffee, dry it out, tape it to my leg and just squeez it into the cup.

9. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Go to your local head shop and buy some "urine in luck".

10. preme

preme CH Dog

get some piss from your clean homie pm ill tell you how to get it done ..

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

do you drink it?

i could juss swallow my pride do some gay shit, and buy one of theyre "fake dicks" that are filled with synthetic urine.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yup yup i think i got one too that juss quite last year!

13. preme

preme CH Dog

make sure you keep the piss warm they got a temp on there if its cold it wont read

14. cheese

cheese Top Dog

No. drinks are risky. Its synthetic piss thats comes with a warmer and thermostat to keep it in the right temp range. Its not a probation piss test....they just leave you in a bathroom with no sink and blue die in the toilet so you cant dilute your piss.

15. bdub

bdub Top Dog

all ya gotta do is dress nice,know how to bullshit adn your in,if they want you to have experience from a past job,make one up.thats what i do,i got a supervior job a few years ago at a factory,when i applied i put down that i was a superviosr at a furniture factory that had closed down,no way they could prove i wasnt,got hired onof course that place shut down after i worked there a year,but you can try that,ive seen it work alot

16. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

some of the funniest shit ive read has been on this page. the best part was "nevermind im fucked" i havent laughed so hard in my life.

laced lay of the green and take the dogs for a walk three times a day, drinkk five ls of water a day and in a week youl be sweet, go to the petsmart interveiw and if you dont get it you have the interveiw experience so it should take the edge off foe your next one. if you do get it youl have a weekend off the green and probly feel better for it and remember your dreams for once

17. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

lmfao!!!!!

18. Jelet

Jelet Banned

My tips for you. you probably know most of them. but this is just a reminder to remember.

-Shower very good with shampoo... And soap... Dont put any fragrance on.. Just shower very good and use deodorant... and you will be set. like scrub everywhere. (dont smell like a fking dead animal... or like smoke etc. ) brush your teeth, tongue.. gums.. mouth wash.. dont eat or drink anything before the interview .

- Dont be late.. leave the house early.. Get there 5-10 minutes early.

- Smile.. but dont do the "Creepy smile"

-dont walk like a pimp or badass...

- dont use slang

-Wear fresh jeans(no holes on jeans even if its "the style")+ polo shirt...

- Dont sit down till the interview tells you to. when you are in the room.

- LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE. BS THEM. Tell them what they want to hear.

- Tell them you rescue pit bull mixes from shelters and have been doing it since you were a kid. and dont say anything that will make an animal lover angry... make it appear that like them for non ego reasons. and act all soft etc..

-Get a good nights sleep.

-Smile... cant stress that enough.. and have a polite but firm voice. and speak loud. dont be a b!tch... and dont mumble.

- shake the hand firmly...

-think of a way to word it correctly and say that you are going to enjoy working. since you love the environment of dogs and animals.. and actually. tell them you go to petsmart just to look around at the animals and dogs.. even if you are not buying anything...

and i dont think they would have you take the drug test on the same day. i doubt it.. usually they give you 48 hours to complete.. and then they need to call you to let you know that you need to take the drug test. basically... if they call you to take a drug test. that means ur hired unless you fail the drug test.... they dont want to waste money on drug test if they are not sure on hiring you...

WHEN THEY ASK YOU "do you have any questions"

Tell them "yes my question is, what is the hardest part about being a groomer assistant, in your opinion?"

and if they ask you "why do you want to work here"

"I think this will be a great environment to work in. I love animals, so this is barely going to seem like work. I also go to this store just to walk around and enjoy the scenery of all the animals. etc....

dont tell them something that they dont want to hear..

and also...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
  19. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

You can buy drinks at GNC that will hide it, you drink it 3 hours before your test, you'll pass I promise;)

you can also get 3 hour tea their but that stuff tastes horrible and you gotta drink a gallon of it in like a 3 hour period, it's harsh but it will work too, the drinks that hide it cost like 38 bucks and the Tea is much cheaper but harder to do IMO and you'll piss your brains out all night long, your shit looks like water afterwards or one little drink but then again how bad you want this job....Either one will work. they guarentee it or 3x your money back lol not a bad deal:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
  20. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

whats the product from gnc? not the tea, but the other one?