1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Doggers !

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mott's APBT's, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

With the rising ferrel pig,russian/american boar problem ohio would like to see them eradicated from the state. No set season or bag limit. Anyone up for a little fun with some hounds and catchdog ? If anyones up for it let me know!-paul NOWK

2. sounds intriuging, but I'd like to fantisize about the idea that we let feral hogs run wild and destroy everything until the state of Ohio stops their BSL BS! lol.Seriously, if a game-dog hunt gets organized let me know...it's only a short trip up through Kentucky for me.

3. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

Everyone interested get in contact .Well assemble a big party.Everyone welcome to bring a catchdog or baydog(if anyone has them). Ill have a few of my bulldogs and a blackmouth cur.Hopefully along with having some good fun as well as feeding our families.Well be able to shed some positive light on our dogs within the agricultural community with helping out farmers get rid of some of these pests.Anyone else game for it?

4. I also wouldn't mind getting my hand on some wild boar hide either way.

5. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

Bump. Anyone else?

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

sure hope they don't erradicate them.then there will be none to hunt,i am a beliver in take what you need and leave the rest.Texas is the same way no season or limit and you can kill them by any means nessecarry.but they are fun to hunt so i hope they are not 100% wiped out.but had i not been doing something else here i might have rouned up a few buddies of mine and joined y'all.i have my bulldogs as well as curs,and a few hounds.but maybe later if your still up for it me and some of my buddies can come out there and show you how us southerners get it done,lol.

7. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

old timer your more than welcome to come along. Ill be puting together several hunts for spring and summer. And im from south florida so imma do it southern as can be No gun involved. I sure could use the help on finding a good black mouth cur around the midwest.

8. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

Just came upon this thread!! Oh Hell yeah!!! lets get down and dirty on 'em!! Any time youre ready to roll, gimme a shout!! Ive been lookin to take Redman out on some bacon but haven't found anyone around. Glad you posted this one!!

9. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

I talked w/ my wife's cousin the other day and he told me that friends of his hunt hogs on their farm in Southern Oh. He is gonna gimme a call next time they go out. Anyone know of any other hogg huntin in the OH-KY-WV area?

10. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

up here in central ohio theres a few places.One place has been a real hot spot.A little town called santa fae.

11. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

By indian lake? thats the only Santa fe, oh that I know of...

12. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

yep thats the one.Ive been souting and have found tracks.

13. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

You better get yourself some baydogs

[​IMG]

14. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

that's just a baby hog! we get em real big down here. knife hunting is the only way to do it. best of luck to yall. :)

15. reddog

reddog Pup

Sign me up!I have a Jagdterrier I would love to put on a hog.

16. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

whats a Jagdterrier? Is it anything like a patterdale? Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a cut vest? Ive seen a few around that I like, but wanna hear a testimonial about someones.

17. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Frenchie- we got big ones here too.

[​IMG]

18. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

:eek:A Patterdale on a hog?!?!?!? I would LOVE to see that!:eek:

19. reddog

reddog Pup

A Jagdterrier is a small [about the size of a patterdale]hunting terrier from Germany.They are used to hunt just about everything.Over there they hunt fox,russian boar,bear,and badger.They also will flush and retrive birds,if trained.Over here they exell at hog hunting,bloodtrailing,coon hunting and just plain rat and woodchuck killing.Out west they use them on bear and lion.They are a bad little dog.Very high persentage of dead game dogs,way more than our bulldogs.

20. yellaman420

yellaman420 Big Dog

maybe u should upgrade your stock! ;)