1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

October show in Waycross

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by southernpride, Aug 6, 2007.

1. 2nd Annual Southern Georgia APBT Swamp Shoot Out
    Sat and Sun Oct 6-7
    Laura Walker State Park, Waycross Ga
    Something for everyone ADBA, UKC, Bully, featuring a 2 day APA sanctioned wieght pull, seperate classes for different ages, males, females, biggest head, biggest red nose, best tricked out bully, breeders cup, confirmation, jr handler and more.
    For more info, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Thanks,
    Tommy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007
  2. My email doesn't seem to working off the link in my profile, go to my website and go to the contact page.
    Thanks,
    Tommy

3. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

not my cup of tea but best of luck with your show out there.

4. Thanks Old Timer. Actually, it's not my show, I'm just passing along the info for a good friend of mine that is putting the show together. Also this isn't like some of the other shows that charge outrageous prices to put up a booth or admission. This is actually a benefit show with the procedes going to the Ware Co. EMS.

Tommy

5. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

I got the flyer from Mr B at the Carrollton Show. I plan on going. We will see.

6. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I'll check it out- Waycross isn't but about 45 minutes from me, just up the road. I don't know about all that "Tricked out Bully" mess, but if it's for a good cause and sheds positive light on the breeds, I'll show my support.

Hopefully I'll see a familiar face or two. ;)

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

no i wasn't meaning anything like that i was meaning by the fact that he has a biggest head contest and biggest red nose contest and most tricked out bully what ever the hell that means,lol.myself when i go to a show i want to see nice gamedogs being judged on conformation maybe some weight pull.this sounds like a bully show wich is not my cup of tea if i showed up at it i would more than likely get into a argument with them idiot bully breeders,lol.but tell your friend best of luck with the show and i hope it goes well for him.

8. Don't worry, it wasn't taken like that at all. I do understand. Actually from what I was told Ga apbt association was/is supposed to be there, and putting on a show just for the Game type dogs. and the weight pull is open to all(APA pull classes go from under 20 lbs to 150+lbs) with the majority going in the 40-50 and 50-60 lb classes(and usually the best pullers by far are the game type dogs, I guess it's their heart and drive).
    I've been to shows like this before, and everyone seemed to get along great. Everyone had ther own likes/dislikes. If nothing else, it's a great oppertunity to talk with people to let them know and understand where this great breed came from and maybe we all will better appreciate the breed.
    Just my .02 worth.
    Tommy

9. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well the Carrollton show also had all that BS for biggest head and all. But they also had an ADBA, UKC, ANd Bully. But it was fun none the less. And they are keeping The bullys classes seperate from the conformation classes. Eash class is getting judges against their standard.

I do have the phone numbers for contacts for the weight pull and Show coordinators.

I do not have a scanner otherwise I would scan the flyer and post it. :(

10. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

biggest head that is funny

11. Not to start a war, but I was wondering what this means. I assume it has to do with big spiked collars and what not, but I am not sure.

12. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

i didn't know either so if anyone can anwser that would be a help,lol.

13. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

I am not sure either. Maybe they have rims or hydralics (sp?)

No but really they are trying to get every type to come together. And they have a Santioned Weight pull.

14. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

[​IMG]
    This is what your pit will have to look like to win...lol

15. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

hahahaha thats funny right there.

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

that is funny someone on myspace was telling me about this show. I will try my best to be there

17. The show will be there if ya want to go. It's for a good cause, it'll be good press for the dogs, all types are invited, and there'll be some type of competition for every type of dog, and since the only real way to prove a real game dogs worth is illegal. Why not come on out and put 'em on a sled, or before a confirmation judge(a judge that is from that type of dogs background). You ain't scared of a little competition, are ya?:p Or just walk around and look at the type of dogs you like, because I know they'll be there. The guy setting it up wanted to have something there for everyone, so maybe more people would show up, and most of all, have a good time. So come on bring your dog(s), and let us all admire them. I bet if you go, you will have a good time(even if it's just laughing at someones bully with the little hat and stuff like in the previous post)lol, and I bet you'll see some dogs that you really like and meet some great people(maybe even put some faces to the names on here). Come on just go, I'll even pay for your way into the park. So all it'll cost you is a little bit of your time. Hope to see ya there.
    Tommy
    PS- I'm not quite sure what the tricked out bully is, but I do assume that it's with the spikes, and collars and such.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  18. Marty

Marty Guest

I'll ask off for that weekend and see how it goes, so hope to see you'll there :D

19. Good post...I understand the cause, and I agree with it. The bottom line is that fanciers of all types will have to come together to mount any time of resistance to BSL, or all pitbull type owners will lose their dogs.

That being said, I think that fun show are loads of fun. I enjoy junior handlers the most...even more than weight pull, conformation, treadmill races, hang time, etc. I was just confused about "tricked out." My assumption was that blades, spikes, etc = tricked out, but I was unsure.

20. Exactly, 2 can get more done than 1. Believe me, I speak from experience. My wife and myself had to rally pit lovers of all types to argue down a proposed total ban in my home town. We won, but at a significant cost(namely $100000.00 in liability insurance, a $26.00 dollar per year per dog licsense, and several other bs rules), but we got to keep 'em.
    Thanks,
    Tommy