1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

O.Stevens CHAMPION HOMER ROM by Ozzie Stevens

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ROCCITY, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Remember the ROM dog Duhon owned that was bad? He quit on the yard to a younger dog as well and Duhon culled him. Atvthe time he was Culled he was already a ROM

2. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

:Insanity::crap::crap:

3. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Size had nothing to do with it? I guess thats why theirs weight classes in every kind of combative sport.

4. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Well how did Zebo beat a ch 4lbs bigger than him.. How did MTN Man Homer do it? Guess Queen of heart wouldn't have had a shot at Tornado.. Guess mayday didn't have a shit at beating Cody who was like 10lbs bigger?

5. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Tell me how smaller fighters move up and win thdn? Sugar Ray Roberto Duran Manny?

6. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

They move up in weight by GAINGING the weight. They dont fight 170 fighters weight 155. And Mayday was the better dog ,Zebo was a monster ,MM's Homer was also but Angus beat dogs that were great as well and did it by embarrasing them. And I dont know the size difference between the two (Tornado and Queen) but if it was of any significants then Hell no I dont think she wouldve stood a chance. I think if all else is equal the bigger dog is going to win. For a smaller dog to win they have to be way beyond the skill level of there opponent. Thats just a fact of life you will not beat somebody as skilled as you are thats bigger then you. It wont happen. Angus had to many odds in his favor for a smaller dog on a chain to beat him. First he was considered an ace that means he severely outclassed his opponents. Second she was on a chain. This mean her movement is restricted. His isnt. Now considering he was an ace he was probably a slick dog meaning he would not allow a dog in his chest. Her being attached to a chain would mean she has very little time to catch his chest before he's backed up far enough so that she can no longer drive and he can have his way with her at the end of her chain. If he wanted

7. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

What great dog did Angus beat? Also Ruby was Zebo daughter and one of if not the best off him. She was the female Zebo

8. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Did he not only beat Champions? Other then the rumor of Angus who did Ruby beat? And being the best off Zebo isnt saying shit since he didnt exactly produce dogs of his caliber. I mean shit he got bred to Honeybunch and didnt produce a muthafuckin thing.
    That means its pretty safe to sa he wasnt much of a producer. If Ruby was that bad I think there wouldve been more said about her then she "might" have curred Angus on the chain.

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Nevermind he didnt beat only champions but he was game tested before he was sold to Stepp.

10. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I asked what great dog Tho.. Do you or anyone downing zebo gave a dog that produced better than him. If u think lightly of his ability to produce then I guess dogs like Blackie who produced Ch Moe, Nigger Toby needs no intro, how bout Diamond Jim he was a good 4x, I mean when he got bred to Rocca bitch that bad ass mofo 2x Bobo.. Not to mention the Ch Willie dog who was considered closest thing to Zebo, font forget what sissy and Huey produced... I agree nothing of mention came from that litter but they also didn't live to adulthood.. No Ch from the OSO negro litter..that litter had 11 pups..

11. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

You know Homer was ahead at that point right? I wouldn't have picked up if was around back then and I was ahead. Hell it had already gone 3 hrs finish the task at hand. Don't ask for the draw when you're behind.

12. Congoman

Congoman Big Dog

She may have been the better animal. You never know. If she was smart enough she could stop him on the chain. But Angus could have been a real offensive Ace who knows. Also Ruby could have been a front end monster. That would have been horrible trying to get out even if he dragged her to the edge of the chain. You never know man.

13. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

All the dogs Angus beat were supposedly atleast good dogs. Ruby isnt mentioned anywhere but in Angus' story. Otherwise nobody would even remember her. The story is just too fishy. To many big gaping ass wholes in it. I dont care how smart she was or how devastating he was labeled an ace for a reason. Who did Ruby beat? I bet nobody even remembers their names. Meaning they were nobodys. Do I have a dog who produces better then Zebo? Even if I did would you believe me? No but I can tell you this I have dogs bred down from lines that stood the biggest test of all. The test of time. Zebo may have produced a few winners but he didnt produce producers. Zebo was a great match dog but thats as deep as it goes for me.

14. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

No doubt Zebo was a great match dog, however, Angus was definitely no push over. Zebo is called by many to be "The Greatest Match Dog Ever," while Angus was called by many as "The Champion of Champions." I agree that there is just too much holes in this story. Personally, I doubt that Angus quit to Ch. Ruby, even if she did possess Zebo's mouth. Angus went into some of the best dogmen and some of the best dogs around at the time, and all of his matches were one sided. This boy is a nasty head dog and every dog he had matched into were 2xws and ch.'s. Also it is note worthy that he defeated a littermate of O'Steven's Ch. Homer. The dog was a Ch. and a nasty dog too, I believe Ch. Freddie, and probably just as good as Homer. If Homer can make Jeep jump the wall, while Angus demolished Freddie, well I won't speculate but I can tell you that my money would be on Angus if he were to vs Jeep. The story that I heard was that Angus got off the chain twice and both times he ran into Ruby, and both times he got bit hard on the chest. By the time Stepp got there on both occassions, the damage was already done. However, it never mentions Angus quitting, only Angus out classing all of his opponents.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
  15. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Like I said before. I think Stepp didnt wanna lose his Gr. Ch. to Jeep so he found away around it without paying the forfeit. I think Angus was also bred under a different name. Its all speculation but IMHO.
    I think Angus couldve beat Jeep but I think Somebody got into Stepp's head.

16. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Ask anybody who knew stepp no way people was hone get into his head. People were scared of him. He was true outlaw. Angus quit in the yard he not first to do it. Also Freddiewas nowhere caliber of Homer. I believe he quit twice. Homer never quit. Also Ch Otis was average game dog he was never special. I doubt Stepp would hook into Jeep twice with high forfeits just to become scared. We will never know if Angus would have beat Jeep. JC seen something that he thought Jeep could beat. What we do know is Jeep beat Homer.. If you don't think a bitch can cur a male you mistaken.. Ask Oz why he was asked if they could use Homer..

17. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Freddie won 4 and lost 2, he didn't quit. He got picked up twice, once to Angus. Also just because the man was an outlaw doesn't mean he won't succumb to mind games, considering the fact that the only reason why he wanted to hook into Jeep was due to Jeep beating his black dog, Ch. Glover, in 2 hours 5 mins. Also it is note worthy that Ch. Glover was picked up game. Stepp wanted to avenge losing to Jeep previously so was going to hook him into Angus. Perhaps what Stepp has said about Angus being hurt twice from Ruby was true, but Stepp never mentioned anything about Angus curring out. He mentioned twice that he had to get them both off each other. He never mentioned Angus running away from Ruby in both times Angus got off the chain. Another scenario is that he began to doubt Angus and since Angus was already a gr. ch., if he lost to jeep, he'd be an ex gr. ch. and Stepp didn't want that. However, he still wanted to avenge his loss to Jeep so he decided to borrow O'Steven's Homer.

18. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

It wasn't really him that pushed for Jeep.. Jc was embarrassed by the way they bragged about beating Otis who JC used. JC wanted Angus because Otis with no high ability and teeth was able to hold out Angus before Angus shot in a made him quit.. It wasn't just grudge them guys were all competition and both claiming to have best 42-43m.. Just ask Oz why they wanted Homer and didn't use Angus.

19. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Im not saying a female cant beat a male. I know Bad Rosemary did it. But I dont see Ruby being smaller and on a chain doing it against an ACE. It doesnt add up and you cant deny that.If you've ever had a accident happen or witnessed one at a buddys place you should know the dog on the chain is (9 out of 10) times the one getting the bad end of the deal. Ecspecially if the loose dog is bigger.

20. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I understand what u mean but I seen a few in the chain and if they grab u pull you in then it aint much different. Anything is possible tho.. Just want to say thank you fellas this been a great convo and everybody acting like gentlemen shouodm I appreciate that bc its rare..