1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Nupro suppliments

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by JP38, Apr 9, 2015.

1. JP38

JP38 Pup

For those of you who use it, what are the pros and cons, over all how has it worked for you ?

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

When we had Fila Brasileiros a number of years ago it was the hip and elbow supplement of choice. The glucosomine/chondroitin worked really well.

My buddy and I bought littermate males. He used Nupro from the get go, puppy hood on. I chose not to use any supplements. His Penn-Hip scores were .29 and .32. Much better than the breed median which at the time was about .52 or so. My male was .57 and .58, lower then the breed median.

We made a breeding with two of our dogs and each raised two from the litter. He used Nurpo and I did not. He had two dogs in the high .30's and my dogs were in the low .40's.

I guess I am a slow learner but from that point on I used Nupro with all the big dogs. I have never used it on bulldogs before. And now I see they have several products for performance.

Not sure if that answers a question or not. S

3. GcGc

GcGc Pup

I used nupro (reg) 7-8 years ago its okay for a supplement I guess. Only thing is there is garlic which can be a bad thing. Supplements are a waste of money there normally only a few main ingredents in them and you can go get them seperatly and save money.

Nupro is basically kelp and liver.

You can buy a pound of kelp for like 20 dollars.
    There some liver tabs by universal nutrition for $15.

I buy a pound of liver for $3 cook it all up and give the dog some as needed with few grams of bcaas. Dog food has the rest.

You can buy a human joint supplement and give dog the dosage you see on a popular dog brand supplement and prob save 50%

4. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

GcGc why do you say Garlic is a bad thing? I always gave my Shepherds Garlic every day. Hiked in the woods all the time, never had a single Flea. But I agree with you about the kelp and liver. i still use kelp powder everyday for dirt cheap. I never messed with any liver though. I may be Old fashioned, but I still give my dogs 1 raw egg a day. It has Choline which is great for your liver function. A friend had to move quick, so i babysat his Korean mastiff (Dosa) for 2 months till he got settled. Fed it raw Chix with an egg. When he got the dog back he was amazed. Best it EVER looked! shiny coat and all muscle on the thighs.

5. GcGc

GcGc Pup

I only said that cause it one of them ingredents where they say its bad and other places say its not. I personally used it before but I don't really need to I never had a flea problem and never had a reason too. Its one of them things where it be a dog to dog basis for me I guess

I also feed my dogs a egg a day. I inky use eggs and liver on rotation and only 30 mins after a hard workout other then that I just use grain free food.

6. shappat

shappat Pup

My buddy and I bought littermate males. He used Nupro from the get go, puppy hood on. I chose not to use any supplements. His Penn-Hip scores were .29 and .32. Much better than the breed median which at the time was about .52 or so. My male was .57 and .58, lower then the breed median.

malik66