1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Now THIS is absolute BS !!!

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Verderben, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

This is just insane. Not pit bull related but dog related. This was not even a shocking bark collar but a Citronella one. And contrary to what they say in the article it does NOT spray the dog directly in the face. I have seen these type of collars and have yet to see one that actually sprays the dog in the face. Ignorant. Gee I wonder why more and more people refuse to adopt a shelter dog :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=322716

Shelter reclaims dog after seeing collar Owner fights back after shelter reclaims puppy

BY CORRINNE HESS
    chess@dailyherald.com
    Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007

[​IMG] [img]http://m1.2mdn.net/1279352/300x250_0215_MW_LG_Suite.jpg[/img] [img]http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N2998.dailyherald.com/B2249977.3;sz=300x250;ord=1885849083?[/img] [​IMG] The state is investigating a complaint by a woman who says Save-A-Pet seized her puppy because of a controversial dog collar.

The Grayslake-based shelter has had Erica Albarran's puppy, named Chaos, since Sunday when the McHenry woman brought in the dog because it wasn't eating.

Albarran was accompanied by her boyfriend, Blake Ladika, and his dog, a husky, which was wearing an anti-bark collar.

After a volunteer and the shelter manager, Daniel Mourlas, noticed the husky's collar, Albarran said, Mourlas told her she couldn't take Chaos home.

"We believe that negative reinforcement is not humane, and it is stated in our contract," Mourlas said.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Erica Albarran hasn’t had her dog, Chaos, since Sunday when Save-A-Pet repossessed it because another dog she had was wearing an anti-bark collar. (vincent pierri/vpierri@dailyherald.com) [​IMG] Even though the collar wasn't on Chaos, and Albarran offered to give Save-A-Pet the collar, Mourlas said he couldn't be 100 percent sure it would not be used on the puppy.

Chaos is at the shelter and will be available for adoption again after a veterinarian examines her, Mourlas said.

Albarran will not be allowed to readopt the dog.

"Our role as an adoptive center is as guardians and caretakers of the animals," said Carla Esser Lake, development manager of Save-A-Pet. "What happened here is a very rare occurrence."

Albarran, 23, had 13-week-old Chaos since April 21. She signed a temporary guardianship agreement and planned to fully adopt the dog after it was spayed at 6 months.

"I wanted a dog because I had just had a miscarriage, and having her took my mind off of that loss," Albarran said. "Now they took my dog."

Albarran said the pet store where her boyfriend bought the husky recommended the anti-bark collar, which is made by Multivet.

According to the company's Web site, when the dog barks, a citronella spray is ejected from a device into the dog's face.

Len Hackl, Lake County Animal Control's chief warden, said when the county goes to court for noise violations, dog owners often use similar bark collars to remedy the problem.

"I know there are some humane organizations that don't like people using them, just like there are some groups that don't want you to declaw cats," Hackl said. "I've never personally used one, but if they were that harmful, I don't think they would be on the market."

Pat Klimo, who has run Pets in Need Shelter in Ringwood for more than 20 years, said she would never recommend an anti-bark collar but cannot understand why Albarran's dog was taken from her.

"I'm not saying Save-A-Pet was right or wrong, but they should have given (Albarran) the benefit of the doubt," Klimo said. "I can't say I wouldn't have been upset to have seen that collar, but the pet store who sold it is who is to blame."

Albarran filed a complaint Monday with the state department of agriculture, which regulates agencies such as Save-A-Pet.

Marcelyn Love, spokeswoman for the department, said an investigator will be sent to the shelter.

"If they had proof that I had harmed Chaos, then I could understand," Albarran said. "I don't want another dog; I want her."

2. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

That is absolutely ludacris.