1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Now I'm curious

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by hrdeluxe, Jun 15, 2007.

1. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Being the bargain-hound that I am. I was looking through a tradin post by me. I always check the pets and search for Pit just out of curiosity. Usually I just find the typical Blues, RE, and scatter-bred BYB types of dogs you would expect. But today, I see an ad for an ADBA registered male. "Grandson of Gr Ch. Mayday". 3-1/2 years old. $1000. Now my curiosity has peaked (not to get the dog) but just to find out what the story is. Does anyone run into this by them? I would think that a dog like this shouldn't need to be advertised.

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

all i am going to say is i smell bullshit.

3. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I agree. GrCh offspring being sold in a trading post???

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

to copy and edit a piece of paper is reallllllllly easy, i would take those papers and wipe my ars with them

5. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

owning a grandson of Mayday is not a big deal, its not like theyre rare or hard to get a hold of.

maybe he bought one as a pet, cant keep it anymore and doesnt want to post it on the internet APBT boards for sale to keep it from going to a "dogmans yard" and have to earn its feed. Probably wants his pet to live life as a pet and nothing more.

interesting though

6. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I guess ANYTHINGS possible, but if he didnt want the dog to go to a "Dogmans yard" why would he advertise it as a GrCh's offspring???

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  7. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Like I said, It just seemed strange to me. Especially being 3-1/2 years old. Maybe it never showed promise and instead of a cull the person is trying to get its money.

Here is the description as listed.

PITBULL. ADBA Bloodline is RedBoy, Jocko, Jeep. Buckskin color. Grandson of grand champion MayDay. 3½ yr. old. $1000; BO.

8. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

that dog has never been touched, his lingo or lack of screams pet owner, period

thats a pet owner and his pet for sale

9. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

Who,knows,maybe the person wanted a "pit-bull" look cool or for whatever reason.Maybe he did some research about blood or just blindly bought the dog from someone who told him about the dog having good blood.However it happend,he got ahold of real game bred dog(If the dog is what he claims)And maybe now he has come to realize he cant handle the dog.You never know,maybe he had some other type of "pit bull" dog and decided he wanted another one so starts his search for a dog,comes across someone sayin"This is CH blood,great dog"and so on until he is convinced this a great dog but fails to realize what "great" really means in terms of a game dog,chances are since the dogs three it could've just started going and the peson doesnt know how to deal with it.Or of course theres always the chance that the dog is just a registerd dog that someones trying to make a quick dollar off of.Someone else also said the dog might be a cull and the person is just trying to get some money.

10. Scoota21

Scoota21 Pup

1000 is alot to ask for....for a dog u know nothing about except his grand dad

11. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

it honestly sounds to me and my gut feeling is that this is a backyard breeder who is just waiting to get someone who knows very little to nothing about this breed and especially reading and judging a pedigree.how many BYB's do you see advertising Boudreaux dogs for sale or Colby,Gator,rednose and the like.we all know that most of these are not bloodlines and we damn sure know they do not have the dogs the advertise from quailty stock,but they are not looking to sell to us they are praying on someone just starting out and maybe heard about Boudreaux,Colby,Redboy,Chinaman,Mayday and the like and will go by that just by seeing the name and pay a ridculious sum of money for a mongrel with little to nothing known about the background.even though these quailty lines may not be that hard to attain for folks like us who have been involved with the breed for quite some time and pretty much know who is good and who is shady and what to look for and stay away from,for others it is not so simple and they really have no idea how to aquire quailty stock or what to look for and thats just what these ads are placed in the paper for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  12. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

This reminds me of a guy who was selling $50.00 pups at wal-mart a couple months ago...I stopped by (like I always do) just to be nosie and do some dig'n. I asked him about the lines and he said that they were rednose, alligator mouth, and chanigerino... I asked him if he meant Nigerino or Ch Nigerino but he said no, chanigerino lol. I guess he saw ChNigerino some where and didnt know what it meant.

But the OP sounds like someone trying to make big $$$ off of bloodlines is all...

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Your some-what local, and I may know who is selling this dog if you find out some more info. Give them a call, find out how the dog is bred recently, the owner, and shoot me a pm. It's not unheard of, especially where we are at, theres quite a few people not happy with this lines percentages from the stock most have around here. Grandson of Mayday means little, I'm curious to where the RBJ comes in. Know of quite a few around here bred that way (Mayday/RBJ), own a few, and offered a few more. There is a guy out towards you with dogs bred that way for sale, if your close to where I remember.

Find out specifics, and I may be able to help a bit more. Preferably, in pm's.

14. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

i think your hitting the nail right on the head ol-timer,,, me and you'll have to chat about dogs sometime,,,good call ol-timer,,

15. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

the messege box is always open,i always love talking about dogs<LABEL for=rb_iconid_12>[​IMG]</LABEL>

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Not all so-called "dogmen" are reputable nor do they give a rat's behind whether or not they sell their dogs through the newspaper or a cardboard sign on the side of the road. Not everyon is in it for the dogs. Dogs with great peds are bought only to be used as breeding stock (aka money makers). These owners do nothing with the dogs but live off the reputation of the dogs in their dog's pedigree.

Others buy a dog & then it doesn't turn out so they pawn it off on someone else to get it off their hands.

I don't doubt that a grandson of Mayday is being sold in a random newspaper. I've seen some very well bred dogs being sold in that manner. Like I said, not everyone does things the way we think they should be done.

(with all that said, I have no clue as to why this dog would be sold, only that it is very possible to find a dog with a good pedigree in the local newspaper.....but remember that a pedigree doesn't mean anything if the dog isn't worth it's weight)